1-14-21 Thursday Weigh-In-------Just The Beginning Of Our Journey.

Belle

T--Today                   

H--Healthy
U--Up or Down

R--Ready for
S--Scale

D--Diet

A--Always
Y--You----Be good to yourself

W--Water

E--Exercise

I--Inches

G--Getting it Done at

H--Home

I--Ideal

N--Numbers...They Will Come

I'm up .2# for the week, but down .8# if I look at my rolling average. 

Thanksgiving to Valentine's Day is "engagement season", and I've been busy responding to emails. I have two tastings scheduled to drop off this Saturday and another next Saturday. If the two from this weekend decide to go with me, I'll be booked through August. I'm really excited about the one for next weekend though. The bride wants a surprise groom's cake that looks like his car. 

DD is doing pre-algebra this year, and yesterday she learned the formula to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit. In addition to the actual formula, we learned a way to estimate in her book which was really only recommended for outdoor temperature. I had never heard this before - double the C temperature and add 30. It works perfectly for 10 C / 50 F, and is only off a little for 20 C / 68 F. I feel like I just learned a life hack. 

I’m down 1.6  and broke into the 160,s.   I’ll be excited about trip once the plane gets in the air.   Leave Sunday at 10.   (I’m a nervous Nellie / Debbie downer — get  over whelmed with the what if’s). My son is driving so leaving early  Saturday.

I will be without a scale for a week.  

My hair dresser bailed on me yesterday—- resisted the urge to cut my own hair. (No one will see my hair while skiing )

Mel I’m so impressed with weight lose and baking.   

Belle thanks for your motivation

Hello,

Thanks for the inspiration.

Guess I'm in maintaining mode. Stayed the same again.

Mel, small gain but good you had a loss overall. Sounds like you will be busy for a while. I had heard about that C to F formula and use. Yes, a little off here and there but gives a good idea of temps.

Izena, great loss, congrats on breaking the 160's. Have a great time on your trip. Stay safe and healthy!

Have a good day,

Diana

Hi, all.   I haven't been on here in a while.   DH just retired so I have been super busy with all his paperwork for transferring medical coverage.  It's such a headache!

Belle, good inspiration.  I hope that my ideal number will come back.  I am up since November or so by 6lbs.  I need to get serious again and get back to my final goal weight.

Mel, being down for your rolling average is great.  Congrats

Izena, congrats on getting into the 160's.   Enjoy your vacation.

Diana, maintaining is always a good thing.

DH and I finally got signed up to get the Covid vaccine.  We are both over 65 with underlying health conditions.   My daughter spent hours on her computer to get us appointments.  They are not until late March, but at least we have them.  So many people are trying and can't get anything.   So disheartening.

Stay well, everyone.

Rose

I am up 1.6# this week (which is what I was down last week) ... frustrating!  Congratulations to the losers, and the stay the same ... I know any of us that gained will get it off again.

Thanks for starting the thread Belle.  Melmar - thanks for the info on converting C to F ... I'm going to try to remember that!  Izena have a wonderful time on your vacation.  Rose nice to see you again, congrats on signing up for the vaccine - I have a Dr appointment this month and I so want to talk to her about getting it!!!  Diana nice to maintain!!!     Take care all, Jan

Hi again,

Earlier I meant to say "Belle, thanks for the inspiration" but forgot the Belle part.

Rose, congrats on your hubby's retirement. Although, it is a big adjustment. After so many years of a structured work life, one might feel a little lost. 

Glad you have appointments for the vaccine.

Jan, sorry you gained. Yes, it will come off.

Diana

Hope everyone is having a good day. 

We had sunshine today and around 63 at noon so I picked weeds in the backyard. Still have more to do but will do that tomorrow, or at least most of it. Supposed to be 69 tomorrow. (We have a few nice days then next week back to 30's overnight and chilled during the day).

Could spray the weeds with weed killer but the big ones are easier to pull. And I get some exercise....all that bending, stooping, pulling and walking to the green waste bin.

Hubby is eligible for the vaccine but when we called our health care provider you can't get through, 3 hour wait.

We'll monitor the situation. Might be we wait until I'm eliglible (I'm in the 1C group) then both get it. Could be a couple or 3 months. Just have to wait and see.

Take care, Diana

Izena - I hope you have fun on your trip. Sorry you weren't able to get your hair done. I've been letting mine grow out - last cut was the week before everything shut down. I had one of those shorter cuts with a little bit almost shaved on one side, so I can see exactly how much it's grown since March. Well that and the length of my roots. I like to say my strands of glitter (my greys) are showing now too. 😄

Diana - I'm glad you're having nice weather. We're supposed to have rain most of next week. We signed up on our county's website. I'm number 80,000+. This is just to get on a list to get an appointment; they'll call us to schedule the actual appointment when our number comes up. I don't expect to get it for a few months. Our doctor says she has no idea when or if her office will get any.

Rose - Congrats to you and your husband! Enjoy his retirement, and I hope you get through the paperwork quickly. The weight will come off.

Jan - Good luck with your doctor. I hope you are able to get it!

Belle - Hope you are doing ok and not lost in paperwork this weekend!

HI all!

Sorry I'm late to the party. I see some ups, downs & stay the sames. I surprisingly am down 1.2lbs

but back in the 170's, boo hoo.

I was considering not snacking at all but I got depressed just thinking about that so decided to go back on My Fitness Pal & try to keep within the calorie range they give. Notice I said "try"!.

It sounds like NCL will be announcing April cancellations soon so it'll be nice to be sure. My April TA was the cruise I was most looking forward to but I've booked one in 2023 that does a similar route.

Just hope I'm alive & well enough to do it!!

Stay safe! We're back on lockdown up here.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Mel, you can send rainy weather to CA, we need it. We are supposed to get rain next week. I'm glad you got on a vaccine waiting list. Our county has nothing like that. 

Jo, good loss but sorry you're back in the 170's. Hopefully you can get out of that number soon. Sorry too you are back in lockdown.

Yes, your April TA will get cancelled. 2023 will be more hopeful. I don't think our August cruise this year will sail either....

Belle hasn't been on in a few days...hope she's ok. 

Stay well, Diana

Jo, congrats on the loss!

Diana, we're now signed up in two counties and at a local grocery store that is already getting (very small amounts of) doses. There are a lot of sign-ups for our area, but no actual scheduling of appointments - it's all we'll call you when we're close to your number. Some of the sign-ups require you live in the city/county, others don't. Doctors are recommending you sign up everywhere you can. I think it may cause a delay of scheduling actual appointments at some point though. 

Hope everyone is having a good week.

• Like 1

Hello All. I'm find, thanks for the concern. Sorry if I worried you.

Your all so nice and caring.❤️

I decided to take some time off the computer,  you all weren't

talking much so thought it was a good time to take a break.

Didn't think you would miss me.

Checking on cruising info and everything else was to much. 

Stuff with the virus and the election, to much...thought a good time to get 

off for awhile.

But miss you all and the computer so here I am but was nice for

a short break. Trouble is nothing has changed but it will. Hope tomorrow

goes well.  Will be watching. The USA needs a good day.

I've been working on cleaning stuff, more time since not on computer 

or watching TV to much. Kids came over Sat., had lunch and they went thru 

somethings, did some shredding. Was a nice visit.

My arm and shoulder is so sore going thru the paper stuff, whether to recycle

or to shred. Then all the other stuff to see what to keep, what the

kids might like or what to give away. Doing some of the same stuff in computer room

and my bedroom. Try to break it up in different rooms. as not to get bored.

Then put everything out for them. sore/tired but the den is really looking better

plus other places.

Things wouldn't of gotten so bad if hadn't had to move my parents and taking care of  them and my husband for 10 years.

That came first over the house and the things you save and should be thrown

away plus at that time couldn't throw my parents or husbands stuff away. 

My house will never be perfect.

What I like a few people have told me my house looked like a live-in house. A happy place.

Not one of the houses that your afraid to sit down in.  I'll take it. Comfortable and happy.

See wasn't talking now talking to much. Will be back on computer and watching TV.

Life's to short not to do what you like and I like the computer and TV. Tried a break

was OK but don't need to do it again.  Better go---just rambling.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2

Belle - Missed your rambling 😃 Glad you are back.  I think that is the most difficult thing about being "friends" on -line ... If something changes, etc. sometimes one will never know!!!  I hope you do have a sense of accomplishment on getting things in order.  I am finding that it is difficult to have purpose at this time point ... so when I went through paperwork the other week it was very nice ... it was great to get things organized.  I also have an attic that I have to go through .... have no idea how much paper is stored up there (or in the garage).

I am meeting a friend for lunch ... we will social-distance  and be very careful but, haven't seen her in a few years so it will be good to catch up. 

It would be nice to see the world "normal" again.  Take care all.  Jan

Belle, glad you're ok. The break was probably good. Glad your house is looking better. You now need to relax, let your arms rest. 

Mel, sadly, we can only register for the vaccine in the county where we reside. Here is a snapshot: our county only received 7,000 doses so far. There are 400,000 county residents of which 80,000 are 65 and over. Horribly inadequate. But we'll keep trying to get it. I look at the county website daily (and our health care provider) for new info. 

Jan, nice you're having lunch with a friend. 

Diana

Belle, good to hear from you! It's nice to take a break every now and then. I've been trying to stay off facebook. I just post to my business page and then shut it down. I think too many people forget the old adage of never discussing religion or politics when they are online, and I got tired of hiding/snoozing friends for 30 days so I just don't look anymore. Rest your arm, and congrats on the progress!

Jan, I have been lacking motivation in several areas since Christmas. I need to get back in the swing of things or the laundry pile will become a named mountain before too long!

Diana, our county isn't getting a lot of vaccines either. We got 1,200 at the beginning, and we were supposed to get 7,000 after that, but the news said a lot less were actually delivered. I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

Thanks Jan, Diana and Mel

Was reading my post, what I want to say -- my house isn't a mess--just have to

Much Stuff! ( gee I was thinking what do they think my house looks like) I made

it really sound bad. It's not!😄

The USA has a new start today, new good changes.

Now to get the virus down, then out! Hope everyone gets the vaccine when available.