Anyone still booking cruises, or have we all given up?

We recently booked western med for May 2021, burn i’m starting to feel very uncertain that it will go ahead dude to the delays to vaccination and high number of cases here in Europe.

With the extension of double points into 2022 we will likely book a few for next year. 

I'm even questioning our March 2022....lots of hurdles to go between vaccines (adults in the last distribution, but also kids under 16), border opening (we're Canadian), quarantines and tests lifted.  As soon as we can, we'll be back....but sadly, think it'll be a long time for us.

We have one booked on Carnival Mardi Gras for August 2021, the last date of the summer before school starts back up, i.e. as far out as I could book and as early as I thought there might be a reasonable chance of actually going. I am hoping to be able to compare Carnival's newest, largest ship ever, with Oasis of the Seas, which was, so far, my favorite cruise on my favorite ship. We like both of these lines about equally and decide based foremost on timing and pricing, but we have found bigger and newer ships are more to our tastes if we can make the budget work.

In addition to my July 2022 Arctic Circle booked a few weeks ago I also just booked Alaska 2022.

I'll continue to book as I see good deals on itineraries I hope that will sail. Looking forward to 2023 schedule coming out also.

I’ve lost 4 cruises, not many compared with many on here, but I get depressed each time.  The only one we currently have booked is a year from now.

IF ships start sailing, I’ll see what’s available.  We have appointments for our first vaccine shot tomorrow.  So, by the time they sail, we’ll be covered.

Just booked 14 night Caribbean January 2022 on the Grandeur , hopefully will be able to fly out from the UK then 🤨 actually was able to use  MYVegas discount code for the first time 🙂

Edited by chmusar

23 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Didn't they cancel Alaska 2021 already?

Canada closed its borders.  Some are still holding  out hope that the Cruise lines get a temporary exemption from the PVSA and can sail some kind of itinerary from Seattle. 

most cruise lines have pulled them from their website (NCL has not) but they have not cancelled them.

19 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

A big box online TA is still selling 2021 Alaska cruises. Go figure.

I would be surprised if you could complete the booking. (For cruises where the cruise lines have pulled them from their website)

this is what happens

CFBE0D8C-6865-46BF-BE6F-A4E4E7790A04.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Canada closed its borders.  Some are still holding  out hope that the Cruise lines get a temporary exemption from the PVSA and can sail some kind of itinerary from Seattle. 

most cruise lines have pulled them from their website (NCL has not) but they have not cancelled them.

As much as I try to follow along, I can't keep up. So they are just pulled and not officially canceled? I guess they are waiting to pull a few more final payments.

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

As much as I try to follow along, I can't keep up. So they are just pulled and not officially canceled? I guess they are waiting to pull a few more final payments.

No, they are not waiting to get some more final payments.

As I stated they are trying to see if there is any way that some of the cruise can be salvaged by an exemption to the PVSA which the politicians in Alaska are pushing for. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, they are not waiting to get some more final payments.

As I stated they are trying to see if there is any way that some of the cruise can be salvaged by an exemption to the PVSA which the politicians in Alaska are pushing for. 

That actually sounds like an easier task than what the CDC is putting them through.

• Haha 1

Gave up when my September was canceled by me after arguing to many times ship ain't sailing & not Royal, and no L&S, no dep. back/credited, OBC gone. On the water NH Lake house booked for June & Sept. 2021 B-days & Dog can come. They ain't going to sail til. 2022! They'll be mighty expensive to make up for the lost time & less capacity.

As long as the vaccines are working so wel and looks like the answer, there is no way the PVSA will be altered for the cruise industry. If doing that was even being considered they would have done it a long time ago. This has been going on for eleven months and no exact end in sight. 

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Can someone explain the reasons behind the PVSA law and what it's for,

thanks 

11 hours ago, chmusar said:

Just booked 14 night Caribbean January 2022 on the Grandeur , hopefully will be able to fly out from the UK then 🤨 actually was able to use  MYVegas discount code for the first time 🙂

Is that the cruise from Barbados? It sounds fab and I'm tempted but holding out 😀

Initially I thought this whole covid thing would last 12 weeks, how wrong was I.  So I'm holding off until that light at the end of the tunnel gets bigger and brighter

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Is that the cruise from Barbados? It sounds fab and I'm tempted but holding out 😀

Initially I thought this whole covid thing would last 12 weeks, how wrong was I.  So I'm holding off until that light at the end of the tunnel gets bigger and brighter

Yes I booked directly with RCCL in the US so paid in dollars , we where on the Jewel in Dubai last March and I remember telling my wife and I quote  "what a load of fuss about nothing" as she likes to remind me all the time 😏 and as my TA was cancelled for April I hope this one goes ahead

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, chmusar said:

What process did you use to apply the  myVegas discount?  Were you able to book the cruise and then add the discount?

Thanks.  

Tom

7 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

What process did you use to apply the  myVegas discount?  Were you able to book the cruise and then add the discount?

Thanks.  

Tom

As you are in the US claim the discount on MYVegas to get the discount code you then need to call the toll free number on the email you will get for Club Royale it only applies to new bookings , you then pay deposit and in five days the discount will deducted off final payment

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Can someone explain the reasons behind the PVSA law and what it's for,

thanks 

A 150 yr old archaic law that seeks to prevent foreign flagged passenger ships from dominating the market in US waters. It's why cruise lines can't just visit only American ports (other than one NCL ship in Hawaii)

• Thanks 1