Discounts included already?

john2003

With the current promo of $3000 per stateroom discount, can anyone tell me if this has already been subtracted when I look at the fares.

I am looking at Pacific Northwest in September and it shows $4199. Is this already discounted?

11 hours ago, john2003 said:

With the current promo of $3000 per stateroom discount, can anyone tell me if this has already been subtracted when I look at the fares.

I am looking at Pacific Northwest in September and it shows $4199. Is this already discounted?

No, because not everyone will take advantage of that promotion.  Read carefully.  Often those promotional discounts apply to only the highest fare categories, and the discounts are lower for the less expensive fares.  We have never taken advantage of those promotions because you have to pay in full when you book.  These days more than ever, we think that risky.

9 hours ago, ericosmith said:

Their promotions are almost impossible to decipher.  Lines and lines of mouse print, different from ship to ship, date to date, and category to category.  It's a pretty safe bet that the cruise you want has the lowest discount.

If there is some trip we are interested in, I have to get out the magnifying glass to try to find that sailing in the "mouse print".

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chrome Diva said:

I just booked May 9 St Louise to Memphis.  Great rate of $1399pp plus all the perks.  Very excited to try a USA River Cruise.  First Timers 

Wow, that would be a great rate. Currently on their website it show interior (least expensive room) for $2699 per person. How did you get $1399 per person?

• 2 weeks later...

We recently booked with AQSC for April 2022 and we took advantage of the $600 discount offered by paying in full.  This discount applied to the ‘Veranda’ cabins while the $3000 discount was for the most expensive suites on aboard.  Before we actually booked (directly through the cruiseline) we made sure that our travel insurance company included Financial bankruptcy or interruption/cancellation due to financial issues in our coverage.  One stipulation for the travel insurance company was that we buy the insurance within 15 days of paying for the cruise.  (This also got us the pre existing condition coverage). Also there was a stipulation that if the cruise was booked via a 3rd party  (a travel agent/agency) then the financial coverage would not apply.  I was told that this was apparently due to the travel insurance company not wanting to deal with them for financial claims also. 

We have used this same Travel Insurance company for the majority of the 15 or so cruises we have taken and been very satisfied with a couple of claims we have had to make. 

So I am just saying to make sure that however you book your River cruise you check out those coverages...( have them in writing ). I checked another large cruise insurance company  and they do not cover the financial insolvancy parts at all. 

Take care, and hope all can cruise again soon !

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What insurance company did you use? The insurance is covering the default of the cruise line. I do not know what that has to do with the travel agency being involved. Thanks for letting us know this and I will check before we buy the insurance.

• 5 months later...