2021 Schedule

crispy46

I get Regent brochures 3 or 4 times a week. Everything I've received in the past 2 weeks features cruises starting in July 2021. We have a back to back cruises booked in September, and one of them hasn't been shown for many months. The other wasn't in our most recent brochure, but cruises before and after that are still being advertised. I assume they're still trying to book cruises that have availability.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:59 PM, Pcardad said:

Probably more like those trips are selling slowly........

Or more likely they are already as full as Regent would want them if they do sail.  Maybe more full, but with either Regent Reassurance or delayed final payments, I'm sure many who are booked will cancel if Regent doesn't.  This will make it really hard for Regent to predict a decent occupancy when they restart.

I am just waiting for Regent to cancel our 15 night US based cruise in May.  I don't see how they can avoid cancelling, but if they don't I'm really not sure if we would go.  However, I am really looking forward to my Sept. 2022 Regent sailing.

Regent wants them 100% full - and as they aren't sailing in the US, they don't have to worry about the 55% - 60% rule from the CDC. They will cancel another huge block soon and then begin salvaging a shoulder season in Europe which they can then adjust to meet existing scheduled cruises in the fall and winter....That's my $.02.

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Regent wants them 100% full - and as they aren't sailing in the US, they don't have to worry about the 55% - 60% rule from the CDC. They will cancel another huge block soon and then begin salvaging a shoulder season in Europe which they can then adjust to meet existing scheduled cruises in the fall and winter....That's my $.02.

I trust your judgement. We have just received our first vaccine. So we will be ready to go anywhere by the end of February. We are looking at Med cruises in august and October. 2021. Do you think they will open more? Do you think they will move Explorer to the Med? The one we are looking at is October 6 on Splendor. What do you think?

We have an April 2021 cruise in the Caribbean booked. Do you think it will sail? 
I know it’s just your opinion but I value it. Thanks. 
sheila

On the website, it says they are reducing capacity. It’s unclear to me whether they mean total passengers or just venues. However, it would make sense to reduce total guest count if they will be lowering capacity in the venues. Here is the link: https://www.rssc.com/HealthSafetyProtocols

Edited by Pudgesmom

We have a cruise booked for April 8th in the Med aboard the Splendor.  Called our TA to just check if we could have the two category upgrade.  Regent told our TA the cruise is Sold Out....... We can only hope, if it doesn't go, it will be our third canceled cruise.  We will then keep looking and book something else.

The later the better, IMO.

I don't speak for anyone other than myself but I believe, based a number of factors, that no cruise line feels the CDC is interested in working with them and, as such, they are not planning on sailing in US waters until the CDC is interested in cooperation. This means they do not need to adhere to any CDC rules that may be in place. If Europe doesn't restrict the % occupancy, does anyone think the cruise companies will do so? Regent already has about the lowest passenger density as it is.

59 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

The later the better, IMO.

I don't speak for anyone other than myself but I believe, based a number of factors, that no cruise line feels the CDC is interested in working with them and, as such, they are not planning on sailing in US waters until the CDC is interested in cooperation. This means they do not need to adhere to any CDC rules that may be in place. If Europe doesn't restrict the % occupancy, does anyone think the cruise companies will do so? Regent already has about the lowest passenger density as it is.

Why would they say they are reducing capacity on the website then?

4 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

Do you think they know what they are doing?  They are doing what NCLH tells them to say and do; and I am not very confident in NCLH management.  I currently have 249 nights on the books with Regent and they have almost $150K of my money.  I am getting ready to just chuck it all and get out what I can.  I, for the first time, sent an email to Regent Customer Relations and the response I got back was one of the worst worded customer relations emails I have ever seen.  If the forthcoming cancellation of my May Navigator cruise is not properly handled by Regent I am gone.

19 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

I suspect that was put up when they were negotiating with the CDC....then the CDC make it clear (according to multiple online news reports) they they really don't want cruising right now.

Besides, you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet 😉

2 hours ago, Pcardad said:

If Europe doesn't restrict the % occupancy, does anyone think the cruise companies will do so? Regent already has about the lowest passenger density as it is.

Even if there is no regulatory restriction on the % occupancy, there may still be a belief that a less crowded ship will be less likely to get a case of COVID on board.  I'm sure that no cruise line wants that to happen at all, let alone on their first cruise "after" the pandemic.  I understand that there is more space per passenger on Regent (and the other luxury lines) than on most cruise ships, but they still might decide to start out cautiously in this regard.  Or maybe they won't?  Lower passenger density would also allow them to reduce the crew density.

So is the idea that Regent will start out at 100% your opinion, or do you have inside knowledge that is Regent's plan?

If I had insider knowledge, I would neither admit it or post it here. I was very clear that I am posting my opinion only.

I think there will be such a rush of people to get back to cruising that a ship requiring vaccines for all passengers and crew will sell out at 100% occupancy easily.

• Like 4

As SusieQft noted, there are a lot of “Regent Reassurance” bookings, making things a lot more fluid.  Hard to see cruises in 2021 genuinely at 100% when the incentive has been widely given to wait until last minute to cancel.  2022 should be different.

Edited by johng75370
Typo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Do you think they know what they are doing?  They are doing what NCLH tells them to say and do; and I am not very confident in NCLH management.  I currently have 249 nights on the books with Regent and they have almost $150K of my money.  I am getting ready to just chuck it all and get out what I can.  I, for the first time, sent an email to Regent Customer Relations and the response I got back was one of the worst worded customer relations emails I have ever seen.  If the forthcoming cancellation of my May Navigator cruise is not properly handled by Regent I am gone.

I just dealt with Celebrity, same thing.  Came over to regent, may not be better anywhere .

3 minutes ago, Got2Cruise said:

The vaccines are a game changer. If the crew is vaccinated and the pax are vaccinated, all the social distancing stuff that was talked about pre vaccine is obsolete. 

As far as I am aware no vaccine is 100% effective and therefore I fear that what you say is wishful thinking. Also are you assuming that no one gets off the ship and that everyone ashore will be vaccinated?

It took many years for smallpox to be eradicated and flu has never been eradicated. I fear that it may be some time before things get back to pre Covid times. 

However, we can all live in hope!