Cabin Availability

Host Jazzbeau

Not really.   Some Internet based agencies will show a number, usually 4-5, in a category on a single deck but I know of none that show every cabin available.  This is not unique to Silversea as most lines don’t reveal their total inventory.

• Thanks 1

That fits what I've been seeing.  No info on Silversea website, and the two TAs that normally show cabin availability want me to fill out their entire booking form so they can ask SS about availability.

The reason I asked is I don't really want to commit to January 2023 yet, but would if cabins were going fast and I might be stuck with a bad location.

• Like 1

For me there is no bad cabin location on Silversea. A crew cabin would do me, anything just to experience the wonderful service, food etc once again. We who can afford to cruise on Silversea are truely blessed.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jland said:

For me there is no bad cabin location on Silversea. A crew cabin would do me, anything just to experience the wonderful service, food etc once again. We who can afford to cruise on Silversea are truely blessed.

Isn’t that so true right now.  

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 10:20 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

That fits what I've been seeing.  No info on Silversea website, and the two TAs that normally show cabin availability want me to fill out their entire booking form so they can ask SS about availability.

The reason I asked is I don't really want to commit to January 2023 yet, but would if cabins were going fast and I might be stuck with a bad location.

Whenever I  get a quote for a sailing the travel agent I use  always confirm the cabin numbers Available along with the price on the grade selected .. quite simple here 😊

1 hour ago, Lvshack said:

Whenever I  get a quote for a sailing the travel agent I use  always confirm the cabin numbers Available along with the price on the grade selected .. quite simple here 😊

Contact SS direct ? They gave me a decent choice last time. 

...and don’t consider the lifeboat ... see the avatar ... one gets wet !!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by MBP&O2/O
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lvshack said:

1 hour ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Contact SS direct ? They gave me a decent choice last time. 

...and don’t consider the lifeboat ... see the avatar ... one gets wet !!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The point was that I'm not ready to book now, but want to monitor cabin availability in case the cruise starts to sell out.  I did get a workaround, but it's obvious that Silversea doesn't want to make this easy...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The point was that I'm not ready to book now, but want to monitor cabin availability in case the cruise starts to sell out.  I did get a workaround, but it's obvious that Silversea doesn't want to make this easy...

Sometimes you cannot predict the availability just based on the number of cabins remaining.

For example, you see that there are 10 Classic Veranda cabins remaining. But it does not really mean Silversea will accept 10 more bookings. Probably after 2 more cabins are booked, the remaining 8 cabin numbers will be closed. Silversea may allocate these 8 cabins to the guests who has already booked Vista Suite guarantee.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

While we're on this topic, does anyone have a preferred cabin for the Whisper in a veranda suite?  I'm about to book for 2022 and still have a choice. We are doing the Norway intensive.

• 2 years later...
On 1/28/2021 at 11:20 PM, Bluebelle14 said:

Suite #828  Pool deck, port side (best for watching Captain dock) close to laundry room and elevator. 

Sorry to revive this after 2+ years, but we ended up booking on Whisper for January 2024 and since our cruise crosses the Tasman Sea we were afraid of deck 8.  We chose 654 to be low and near the rear elevators that access the restaurants and lounges.  Is the a good cabin, or should I rethink it?

On my original question in this thread:  today I started a fake booking on my cruise to see what cabins are still available, and the Silversea website now shows me up to 3 cabins at a time.  The most forward, the most aft, and one in the middle of the category on each deck.  Not total inventory, but progress?

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

On my original question in this thread:  today I started a fake booking on my cruise to see what cabins are still available, and the Silversea website now shows me up to 3 cabins at a time.  The most forward, the most aft, and one in the middle of the category on each deck.  Not total inventory, but progress?

It might be useful to start a dummy booking with an online TA or your Virtuoso TA's online portal.  They usually display all available cabins.

To clear up some confusion:  After checking w/ @LauraS, Virtuoso is a trade group for TAs who sell luxury cruises and other forms of vacation (resorts, yacht rentals, etc).  Since it is not a TA and doesn't sell trips itself it is find to mention them.

I can tell you which cabins to avoid.  Anything below the swimming pool. The crew puts out the pool deck furniture at about 6:00 AM.  Its loud with the crew dragging everything around.  There are ship diagrams on quite a few web sites to see where your cabini is located.

And for Jazzbeau and others I alway select my cabin when I book the reservation.  For example I am doing a back to back cruise in the Adriatic-Greece etc in August 2024 on the Whisper in August 2024 and I selected my cabin when I booked the cruise a couple of months ago.  I have repeated this a couple of times.  It is extremely important to have a really good relationship with your SS cruise consultant so you can do things like select your cabin more than a year in advance.  

We booked a guaranteed suite, after looking at the layout really didn’t like it.  So I asked if we could keep the guaranteed suite and waitlist for another upper suite we liked since it was waitlisted.  Next morning I was checking something in my silversea and we were booked in the waitlisted suite with a great location on the ship.  Not guaranteed, not waitlisted but booked.

On 5/9/2023 at 7:27 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

To clear up some confusion:  After checking w/ @LauraS, Virtuoso is a trade group for TAs who sell luxury cruises and other forms of vacation (resorts, yacht rentals, etc).  Since it is not a TA and doesn't sell trips itself it is find to mention them.

So from their own website where they list over 5000 agents they recommend to book via, that’s ok?

You are basically allowing the promotion of said specific agents over others and makes a mockery of what I think is a silly rule anyway.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:05 PM, Randyk47 said:

Isn’t that so true right now.  

Sorry Randy.  I have to disagree.  See my comment below.  The cabins directly beneath the pool area are bad cabins.  The pool decks vary from ship to ship.  They are bad because the crew starts dragging all the deck furniture into place at 6:00 AM (unless the ship is in really rough seas and they are not going to put there furniture out). This makes a helluva lot of noise.  It lasts for 10-15 minutes or so.  So if you need a 6:00 AM alarm clock every morning, you have one.  Otherwise avoid these suites.  

On 5/5/2023 at 9:59 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

This was my experience as well- followed through on Silversea site prompts as if I was booking, and it showed available cabins. 

Does Silversea ever upgrade or bump up those already booked to a higher cabin category to make more cabins available for new bookings? 

3 hours ago, chrism23 said:

Sorry Randy.  I have to disagree.  See my comment below.  The cabins directly beneath the pool area are bad cabins.  The pool decks vary from ship to ship.  They are bad because the crew starts dragging all the deck furniture into place at 6:00 AM (unless the ship is in really rough seas and they are not going to put there furniture out). This makes a helluva lot of noise.  It lasts for 10-15 minutes or so.  So if you need a 6:00 AM alarm clock every morning, you have one.  Otherwise avoid these suites.  

I think you are taking my comment from two years ago out of context.  At the time we were nose deep in the pandemic and my comment was about being able to cruise at all.  The cabin location really wasn’t an issue considering the situation.  

3 hours ago, Bellanina said:

Does Silversea ever upgrade or bump up those already booked to a higher cabin category to make more cabins available for new bookings? 

I've done just one Silversea cruise, the Muse this past Dec. I was upgraded from a Vista to a Classic Veranda. Since the cruise was not sold out I assumed that everyone in non balcony suites were upgraded so that they didn't have to provide crew for those cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1