Covid-19 vaccinations

bbwex

8 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

So you have  no problem  about not isolating to your home, limiting travel ?.... Nor me and ALL my California friends flying to Florida to take from your allotted vaccine?. 

Looking out for #1 no matter what or who gets in your way.....  First Hog to the trough as it were....   We all are in a world of hurt, but many of us are going to wait our turn... not trample the rights of others.            So Better than that... Ok

I agree. Not 'just' that they're going to expose family to the virus - again. And coming from a state that has the more contagious variation. But leaving the state to take an allotment that's not enough anyway. I have an appt. on Saturday but my husband hasn't been able to get one. 

1 minute ago, clo said:

I agree. Not 'just' that they're going to expose family to the virus - again. And coming from a state that has the more contagious variation. But leaving the state to take an allotment that's not enough anyway. I have an appt. on Saturday but my husband hasn't been able to get one. 

It is sad to see, that when the chips are down, how some people do not care about anything but themselves....ME ME and ME

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

So you have  no problem  about not isolating to your home, limiting travel ?.... Nor me and ALL my California friends flying to Florida to take from your allotted vaccine?. 

Looking out for #1 no matter what or who gets in your way.....  First Hog to the trough as it were....   We all are in a world of hurt, but many of us are going to wait our turn... not trample the rights of others.            So Better than that... Ok

Flying to Florida and other places because California can't do the job.  That is why people are running away in droves.  Putting their people at risk.  The federal gov. is paying for the vaccine, not the states so we can get it where ever we can.  Still very hard to find it.  Good luck and stay safe until you find it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

It is sad to see, that when the chips are down, how some people do not care about anything but themselves....ME ME and ME

As Maya Angelou wrote:

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RJB said:

Flying to Florida and other places because California can't do the job.  That is why people are running away in droves.  Putting their people at risk.  The federal gov. is paying for the vaccine, not the states so we can get it where ever we can.  Still very hard to find it.  Good luck and stay safe until you find it. 

That dosen't explain  trampling over others as long as you get yours..... I see your ethics are adaptable to your wants...... got it

• Like 1

The local medical facilities have stopped taking reservations for shots. They say what they have booked now, plus all the 2nd shots will use up all their expected supplies through April. The issue is availability and allocation of the vaccine , not the capacity to administer it. 

They don’t have all of group 1b. scheduled yet. I’m looking at May or June at the earliest. Hopefully by then J&J will be approved and distributed. If possible, I’ll get in that line first and bypass the nRNA vaccines for a true vaccine.

49 minutes ago, RJB said:

This is the one time I disagree with you. Rarely does that happen 😉

However, an example is my state of CO. Now no ID required to get the vaccine. What a joke. Those huge private jets will be flying into my little ski town and taking a dosage from those who most need it. I will gladly wait for my name to be called to get it the legal way. Reminds me of voting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TrulyBlonde said:

This is the one time I disagree with you. Rarely does that happen 😉

However, an example is my state of CO. Now no ID required to get the vaccine. What a joke. Those huge private jets will be flying into my little ski town and taking a dosage from those who most need it. I will gladly wait for my name to be called to get it the legal way. Reminds me of voting.

And now I'm agreeing with you! What IS the world coming to?!?! 🙂 Here in our county - or I suppose it could be all of NV - we have to show ID and I totally approve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Unless one is old and in assisted living, why would they want to get vaccinated without showing an id? 

We want that shot record for our vaccination passport so to travel and gain lawful entrance into other countries. 

True. Actually, the ID part really applies to the many here who are not American citizens. But you know I cannot really say that part 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

True. Actually, the ID part really applies to the many here who are not American citizens. But you know I cannot really say that part 😉

Hey, if I don't need a stinkin' id card to vote, I don't need a stinkin' id card for a vaccine.  Something tells me I'm smelling hypocrisy in the air around here, LOL.

6 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

Hey, if I don't need a stinkin' id card to vote, I don't need a stinkin' id card for a vaccine.  Something tells me I'm smelling hypocrisy in the air around here, LOL.

Not from me. I am and have always been a law abiding citizen in the USA and when traveling I also abide by the laws of that country. Too bad others take advantage of the system.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

What you call Hypocrisy...... others call morality and ethics.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Not from me. I am and have always been a law abiding citizen in the USA and when traveling I also abide by the laws of that country. Too bad others take advantage of the system.

I think you are taking me too literally as if you read the first sentence, but didn't read the second sentence.  I was being facetious if that is the right word. Let's say I was trying to be supportive of the 2nd sentence of your comment in an indirect manner.  Hope I didn't offend you as that was never my intention.  Just my way of saying if you are against voter id, why should you be supportive of requiring an id for a vaccine.

13 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

I think you are taking me too literally as if you read the first sentence, but didn't read the second sentence.  I was being facetious if that is the right word. Let's say I was trying to be supportive of the 2nd sentence of your comment in an indirect manner.  Hope I didn't offend you as that was never my intention.  Just my way of saying if you are against voter id, why should you be supportive of requiring an id for a vaccine.

I was not sure LOL! However, I am for voter ID and ID for a vaccine. I also enjoy your posts. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

Guess I  do not understand the logic......I think you need to present a ID for  Voter, as well as public health needs.     I cant cash a check or make a deposit at a bank, open an account, visit my doctor drive my car, get on an airplane,  Get a credit card...or a passport without an ID    Why shoud getting  medication be different....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

Guess I  do not understand the logic......I think you need to present a ID for  Voter, as well as public health needs.     I cant cash a check or make a deposit at a bank, open an account, visit my doctor drive my car, get on an airplane,  Get a credit card...or a passport without an ID    Why shoud getting  medication be different....

In some states it is required, but not in California.  You may show your ID out of habit, but it is not required unless it is your first time voting in a Federal Election in California - I'm not sure if they enforce this requirement if at all.  I would think the only time a poll worker will ask you for a photo ID is if someone had voted in your place. 

2 hours ago, deadzone1003 said:

In some states it is required, but not in California.  You may show your ID out of habit, but it is not required unless it is your first time voting in a Federal Election in California - I'm not sure if they enforce this requirement if at all.  I would think the only time a poll worker will ask you for a photo ID is if someone had voted in your place. 

I was asked  for an Id  this last election in Riverside Co.......  and I think every other election too.... If it were LAW everywhere  consider we might not have had the turmoil of the past years.

26 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

If it were LAW everywhere  consider we might not have had the turmoil of the past years

That was not the source of the turmoil this year and I don’t recall much “turmoil” before this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Paulchili said:

That was not the source of the turmoil this year and I don’t recall much “turmoil” before this year.

It's real hard to accept when you've been the victim of fraud, kind of like trying to grasp that you've been told and believe over 30,000 lies. Mostly denial is the order of the day. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ORV said:

It's real hard to accept when you've been the victim of fraud, kind of like trying to grasp that you've been told and believe over 30,000 lies. Mostly denial is the order of the day. 

"God love ya man. You’re a one-horse pony."   😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

Election discussion aside, in my California county you must show proof of residence in this county before they will give you the vaccine. So don’t try to “jump the line” in San Luis Obispo county, it won’t fly.

Florida is now requiring proof of Florida residency (full time and seasonal) when getting the first dose.  They are trying to prevent "vaccine tourism."

Florida officials cracking down on COVID-19 "vaccine tourism" - CBS News