Funny Email from Seabourn

wesport

I received an email from Seabourn with the Subject stating "Travel Well Without Traveling  Far"

So I started to research the 7 day Alaska cruises starting or ending in Juneau Alaska.  From Florida, its a two stop 14  to 16 hour flight to or from Juneau, Alaska.  Its only 8 hours to london from Miami. Made me have a chuckle during these dark times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not surprised - even from Denver it's approx. 8 hrs with one stop, while a non-stop clear to Anchorage is just 5 1/2 hrs.

Not being able to do B2B's or the 10 and 11 night itineraries as originally scheduled really messed Alaska up for Seabourn this coming season.  We were booked on the longer itineraries as a B2B in July and of course they were cancelled.  I'm also still not convinced Alaska is even going to happen since Canada still an unknown whether they'll open up to cruise ships by then.  

Received the same email -(believe I receive two to three every day lately from Seabourn!)

Assume they are trying to market to U.S. cruisers with the idea of staying "close to home" - not flying across the ocean (summer sailings are typically Alaska and or Europe). Mindset they are trying to appeal to "safer staying close to home (US and Canada) vs the trip overseas and multiple ports / countries" ? ...but then again right now the numbers in the U.S. are dismal and Canada is struggling as well.

I want nothing more to possibly sail in the early fall - but I keep thinking where? and what will the experience be like in terms of countries and ports that will be "open" if we were to travel to Europe.....

and its only January  17th 🤕...we have a long winter, spring and summer to get thru.....

this time last year we were in the Caribbean on the Odyssey.....what a difference a year makes....!

but we have our health and we are doing everything in our power to stay safe and follow the rules.

Wife and I made a list last night of all the places we want to visit in the next two years .... that's about all we can do right now !