Dumb question about toothbrushes

alidor

Have a reallyĀ dumb question. Ā When you take a cruise, do you bring your electronic toothbrush with you? Ā We have been taking longer cruises and I would feel more comfortable having it with me but it seems like somewhat of a hassle.

Yes, and the charger. The only time I use a regular toothbrush is in the shower (yes, I'm one of those people) and on the rare occasion I forget mine--and that's usually some sort of emergency trip that I didn't have time to make a packing list.

Yes on bringing the electric. When packed, I separate the brush part from the base part to fit into the pouch that came with my brush. Years ago we needed to buy another charger and found one that was "travel friendly" and is quite a bit smaller than the one we had before so it's not that big of a deal if we need to bring it too.Ā 

• Like 1

We also bring the electric toothbrush and charger. We leave the charger in a drawer at the desk until the brush handle buzzes to say it is time to charge. We then charge the handle at the desk.

Ā 

Iā€™ve read on CC that some people use the electric shaver outlet in the bathroom for the charger. Ā Weā€™veĀ never done that as we feel the charger & handle is a little more stable and protected on the desk when recharging vs. on a shelf in the bathroom...after all, we are on a moving ship!

Have had good luck traveling with a quip brand battery powered toothbrush.Ā  Their claim of 3 month battery life has proven accurate based on 2 minute cleaning twice a day.Ā  And no charger to transport.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 9:31 PM, alidor said:

Have a reallyĀ dumb question. Ā When you take a cruise, do you bring your electronic toothbrush with you? Ā We have been taking longer cruises and I would feel more comfortable having it with me but it seems like somewhat of a hassle.

We just bring the regular ones and leave the electronic one home. The charger that came with ours is very small. Itā€™s just a roundish shaped base so it really wouldnā€™t take up much room. Maybe next time Iā€™ll bring it.

Ā 

On 1/17/2021 at 9:41 PM, PurpleHays said:

Yes, and the charger. The only time I use a regular toothbrush is in the shower (yes, I'm one of those people) and on the rare occasion I forget mine--and that's usually some sort of emergency trip that I didn't have time to make a packing list.

I also brush in the shower. Hubby thinksĀ itā€™s weird. šŸ˜

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, we bring the electric. Our Sonicare brand can last a couple weeks so we don't bring the charger. Ā And if it did lose charge, it can still be used the old fashioned way! Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Iā€™m always worried the regular electric toothbrush might accidentally turn on while in my luggage (mine didnā€™t come with a travel case). But Iā€™ve purchased one thatā€™s specifically for travel, USB chargeable Ā and packs down tiny, about the same size as a normal manual toothbrush. Ā I havenā€™t tried it as yet to see how effective it is.Ā 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, eileeshb said:

Iā€™m always worried the regular electric toothbrush might accidentally turn on while in my luggage (mine didnā€™t come with a travel case). But Iā€™ve purchased one thatā€™s specifically for travel, USB chargeable Ā and packs down tiny, about the same size as a normal manual toothbrush. Ā I havenā€™t tried it as yet to see how effective it is.Ā 

Now if they would get a portable waterpik that actually worked. Ā I had the so called portable model and it was worthless. Ā I also tried a dental syringe but it does not give that overall clean. Ā Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 9:31 PM, alidor said:

Mine is battery operated,Ā  so yes I bring it.

Ā 

Yes I bring my electric toothbrush but itā€™s small and has a very small charger. Ā I also bring a portable water flosser (Water Pik)..

I can never get a clean feeling with a manual brushā€¦and Iā€™m old and set in my ways. Ā šŸ˜…

• 2 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 2:13 PM, S1drfl said:

Have had good luck traveling with a quip brand battery powered toothbrush.Ā  Their claim of 3 month battery life has proven accurate based on 2 minute cleaning twice a day.Ā  And no charger to transport.

I am a huge fan of the Quip toothbrush. Ā Great for travel and for those of us who live in smaller spaces.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...