Iona larger balconies

Hi

Does anyone have any more info or images of the iona larger balconies that appear to face both out to sea and towards the back of the ship.

Cabins 14512, 14514, 12514, 12515, 11514, 11515, 10514, 10509. 

I specifically need an accessible cabin so 12514 or 11514 but I'm assuming the balconies will be the same in any othe those cabins. 

Tia

1 hour ago, 52761 said:

Hi

Does anyone have any more info or images of the iona larger balconies that appear to face both out to sea and towards the back of the ship.

Cabins 14512, 14514, 12514, 12515, 11514, 11515, 10514, 10509. 

I specifically need an accessible cabin so 12514 or 11514 but I'm assuming the balconies will be the same in any othe those cabins. 

Tia

We had 11514 booked for feb 20th this year, entirely because of the very large balcony. But we discovered later that this cabin's bathroom has right handed functionality, whilst the toilet will have a handrail on both sides, my wife's stroke means she can only use her left hand and she needs the shower controls on her left side.

We would still have left this booking unchanged if the cruise had gone ahead, because I was keen to see how useful the large balcony would be.  However we have booked Iona again for Feb 2022, and this time booked 11520 which has left handed functionality, and hopefully will not be as overlooked as 11516.

We normally have gone for accessible cabins near the forward lifts on P&Os other big ships, so were a little disappointed that on Iona these are on deck 15, however there are cabins above them on deck 16, so we may give them a try sometime in the future.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We had 11514 booked for feb 20th this year, entirely because of the very large balcony. But we discovered later that this cabin's bathroom has right handed functionality, whilst the toilet will have a handrail on both sides, my wife's stroke means she can only use her left hand and she needs the shower controls on her left side.

We would still have left this booking unchanged if the cruise had gone ahead, because I was keen to see how useful the large balcony would be.  However we have booked Iona again for Feb 2022, and this time booked 11520 which has left handed functionality, and hopefully will not be as overlooked as 11516.

We normally have gone for accessible cabins near the forward lifts on P&Os other big ships, so were a little disappointed that on Iona these are on deck 15, however there are cabins above them on deck 16, so we may give them a try sometime in the future.

That’s great information you have given about the cabin. I can’t use my left hand so the tight hand functionality will be helpful to me. Hope you get on your cruise in Feb 22, we are going then as well on Celebrity Silhouette(should have been Celebrity Edge but they changed the ship). Hopefully we will all be cruising soon but who knows what this virus will throw at us next 

Michelle