Amsterdam to Black Sea

mrlevin

Everyone will have their own favourite line, and also thoughts on what is a must have or not as far as services go - like all inclusive or partially included. All of the major lines are usually catered to English speaking clients.  

Most lines that offer this tour will have an itinerary that is similar as well.

If you have never taken a River cruise, may I suggest reading through the stickies at the top?  One of them has comparisons to Ocean cruise lines, and you may find that helpful, in order to know what to expect.  Also, you will learn the main differences between the two types of sailing.

You also have to take into consideration the time of your cruise, as unlike Ocean sailings, water levels do play a major role.

Feel free once you have a better idea of what you would like to come back and ask away, this is an extremely helpful group, and willing to answer any questions.

• Like 1

If you have never done a river cruise I wouldn't suggest jumping in with this long a cruise. I realize that you would like to see everything, but if you don't like river cruising (which is completely different from ocean cruising) you are stuck on a small ship with mostly the same faces for what would seem like a very long time.

• Like 1

@mrlevin, some of the cruise lines that do this itinerary are Uniworld, Avalon, Tauck, Scenic, Viking, and Emerald, so you have a lot of choices as far as lines and ships.  All of them are 20+ days.  Have you ever been on a river or ocean cruise?

I have done two river cruises; AMA Christmas Markets and Yangtze Explorer.  I was going to try Crystal on Danube this spring but it was cancelled.  Ocean sailings have been on Regent and Silversea so I am used to all inclusive.  For seven days and ability to spend time in towns in the evenings all inclusive isn't required.  For 16+ days that might be an issue; that is why I was looking for people's experiences specifically on looooong river cruises.

thanks,

Marc

13 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

.  For seven days and ability to spend time in towns in the evenings all inclusive isn't required.  For 16+ days that might be an issue; that is why I was looking for people's experiences specifically on looooong river cruises.

thanks,

Marc

Most sailings unless you are attending Christmas Markets sail over night, and tour the ports during the day.  Very rarely do you have time in port during the evening, and often leave port during dinner.

Just though you may wish to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1