Canada Greenland 2022? any info if there will be one

scubadawg

I've had that cruise, and a similar one in another year, cancelled out from under me. That's twice! I have come to believe it is just never going to be---at least on HAL. I have not seen it listed as a possibility anywhere, and am very disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

We just booked Copenhagen to Boston July 2022 on N. Statendam. It stops in Iceland and Greenland.

Sounds like a step in the right direction!  Now lets get the Boston to Boston route!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

The status of VOV is explained here:

Sorry, but I am looking for the 2 week cruise out of Boston that goes to Canada and then Greenland and back to Boston.

from a couple of days ago.

23 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

We just booked Copenhagen to Boston July 2022 on N. Statendam. It stops in Canada, Iceland and Greenland.

There are several cruises to Iceland. And also some others to Iceland and Spitsbergen. The schedule is there.

Yes that’s the Voyage of the Viking, I think the OP (and me as well) are referring to a different cruise that HAL usually offers once or twice a year, RT Boston, I think 14 days.

4 hours ago, scubadawg said:

yes, it was the rt Boston but I think it was 18 days and did interesting ports in northern Canada and 3 ports in Greenland.  My PC said she has heard zero about this.

Same here. We were canceled too. It was a great itinerary. I have a feeling that it might be years before this itinerary comes back because of the fewer ships now. 

With the loss of 4 smaller ships, it is going to be harder for HAL to do these itineraries.  I did the Viking Passage on the Zuiderdam in 2019, it was 28 days from Copenhagen to Boston, with the first segment including Norway, and it was wonderful.  The Zuiderdam, with nearly 2000 guests, overwhelmed Nantortalik compared with 1200 on the S class ships.  So it is possible to use the Vista ships if they can fill them.

We did the VOV on Rotterdam in 2017 just from Boston to Copenhagen.  We enjoyed the trip and the small size of the ship.  I am sorry that Princess is not using Pacific for the cruise in 2022 but we are still looking forward to seeing Greenland again.

I asked this question on Facebook a few days ago. Canada New England itineraries should be released in the next 2-3 weeks. No specifics given on Greenland RT Boston even though that was my question as I was also scheduled for that trip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've been bounced around on this cruise several times. Had it scheduled on Princess for 2020, then HAL for 2021, then back to Princess for 2021 and now we are on Princess again for 2022. 

The HAL version had a better itinerary (more ports, less sea days), but oh well, we really want to get to Greenland, but don't want to pay VOV prices. 

Since its in August 2022, we actually think there may be a chance that it actually sails. 

Edited by drowelf
  • Like 2

Just got an email from my PCC.  On Aug 3/22, the Nieuw Statendam is scheduled for RT Boston to Canada, Greenland and Iceland (and St Pierre et Miquelon, France).  24 days.  

Ports:

Boston, Massachusetts, US         

At Sea                            

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada       

Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada

Red Bay, Labrador, Canada         

At Sea                            

Qaqortoq, Greenland               

Cruising Prince Christian Sound   

At Sea                            

Isafjordur, Iceland               

Akureyri, Iceland                 

Seydisfjordur, Iceland            

Djupivogur, Iceland               

Reykjavik, Iceland                

Grundarfjordur, Iceland           

Nanortalik, Greenland             

At Sea                            

St Anthony, Newfoundland, Canada  

St Johns, Newfoundland, Canada    

Saint Pierre and Miquelon         

At Sea                            

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada      

Bar Harbor, Maine, US             

It doesn't seem to be posted on the website yet.  This is very similar or the same as the one that was scheduled a few years ago but was cancelled when the Prinsendam was sold and the ship was moved elsewhere to cover the Prinsendam itineraries.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Just got an email from my PCC.  On Aug 3/22, the Nieuw Statendam is scheduled for RT Boston to Canada, Greenland and Iceland (and St Pierre et Miquelon, France).  24 days.  

Ports:

At Sea                            

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada       

Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada

Red Bay, Labrador, Canada         

At Sea                            

Qaqortoq, Greenland               

At Sea                            

Isafjordur, Iceland               

Akureyri, Iceland                 

Seydisfjordur, Iceland            

Djupivogur, Iceland               

Reykjavik, Iceland                

Grundarfjordur, Iceland           

Nanortalik, Greenland             

At Sea                            

St Anthony, Newfoundland, Canada  

St Johns, Newfoundland, Canada    

Saint Pierre and Miquelon         

At Sea                            

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada      

Bar Harbor, Maine, US             

It doesn't seem to be posted on the website yet.  This is very similar or the same as the one that was scheduled a few years ago but was cancelled when the Prinsendam was sold and the ship was moved elsewhere to cover the Prinsendam itineraries.

This looks like an awesome itinerary. I don’t have the vacation time to make it happen though so I hope to see something similar including Greenland but a little shorter. 

3 hours ago, Andi Land said:

This looks like an awesome itinerary. I don’t have the vacation time to make it happen though so I hope to see something similar including Greenland but a little shorter. 

Ooooh.  Can't wait for this one to come out for booking.  I love Iceland and Greenland.

On 1/21/2021 at 4:41 PM, KirkNC said:

My guess is that Canada will not be open to cruising until 2022.

You are spot on.  Our Prime Minister has made it clear that our borders will not open up for the foreseeable future.  Everyone needs to be vaccinated and the numbers have to be much, much lower on both sides of the border.