Apex Single Infinite V or Panoramic OV

bigsqfeet

6 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for posting. Do you know what the different categories mean?

Is the  Edge Single Stateroom Infinite Balcony only on the Apex or is it on other Celebrity ships?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Infinite balconies are only on E-class ships

4 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for posting. Do you know what the different categories mean?

Is the  Edge Single Stateroom Infinite Balcony only on the Apex or is it on other Celebrity ships?

Thanks!

Tom😀

These staterooms are on Edge and Apex thus far and will be on the Beyond when she is put into service.

In late 2019 or very early 2020, there was a “live from” thread written by someone in a Solo Infinite Veranda on Edge.  I think her CC handle is Written on the Heart.  She posted both photos and video of the ship and the cabin.  You might search for threads she started and find it.

We had the westbound TA booked on Apex for fall, 2020 so I was reading all those threads.  Still haven’t sailed on her, obviously.

The E-Class ships have the Single Infinte SRs on Deck 6. Edge has 16; Apex has 24 and Beyond has 32. All look the same at least from deckplans and website photos so what WrittenOnYourHeart shows is probably for all 3. 

we loved the Infinite SR, had Concierge and it made the SR so much larger and use-friendly for guests and so on. Opened the entire SR up to the outside. The Single SRs are 131sqft and 45sqft veranda area.Looks fun. 

Enjoy, Den

On 2/6/2021 at 9:05 PM, LouTheGlue said:

We loved our Panoramic Ocean View Cabin on the Edge (click link for lots of photos) but for us we will only cruise in Balcony/Veranda cabins from now on.

These are great photos, LouTheGlue!  Thank you so much!

We just booked a PO on the Beyond for a 12-day TA in October 2022.  If we had the choice, we would go with a regular veranda as that is what we like best, but the cost was too steep ($1500+ per cabin).  Your pictures help us in knowing we made the right choice.  We hope the veranda prices on the EDGE-Class will be more within our desired budget someday! 🙂

• 11 months later...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/profile/1139422-writtenonyourheart/...thank you so much for the video tour of the single IV cabin on Edge.  It was very helpful.

I'm on an upcoming cruise on Apex on a similar single IV cabin. I had a couple questions:

1. Are there any hooks or pegs in the bathroom shower to hang wet clothes to dry? Is there any way to string a clothesline if needed?

2. It looks like there are nightstands on both sides of the bed. Are there power outlets or USB ports on the nightstand or lamp to charge a phone?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I was in a solo IV on both the Edge and Apex and loved the cabin.  The IV definitely made it seem larger and was plenty big enough for me.  The bed was not a twin, it was a queen.  Yes, there is a charging port on the desk.  It is true, there is not much storage space.  After my first experience, I purchased a couple of collapsible packing storage cubes on Amazon.  I think they were $12 each.  I then unpacked my suitcase and put my shirts and shorts in these cubes to keep my cabin orderly and put the suit case under the bed.  Plenty of hangers as well as some shelves for other clothes, maybe three or four.  The bathroom and shower are a standard size.  There are two hooks on the back of the bathroom door and I hung my swimsuits there.  Not sure about a clothes line in the shower.  I had unobstructed views on each cruise.  You can see the top of the lifeboats below as you probably can on all cabins on deck six but looking out, there was no obstruction.  Again, it was a great option for me.

I have two comments.

1. I think you receive double captain club points if you are a solo traveler in a standard panoramic OV room and only single captain club points if in the single IV. And you get a king bed in the OV and a queen in the single IV.

2. I would also call Celebrity and ask if they can identify a standard IV for the same price you've paid now. Upgrades can sometimes be available at no or very little cost.

Edited by Nado44

• 4 months later...
On 5/9/2021 at 12:54 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I LOVED my single IV on the Edge. It was the perfect size for me!!

Here is the tour I did of it:

Chiming in late but this is so helpful! I'm inspired to do a solo trip!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, irvington said:

I cruise solo a lot and always worked out great meet so many nice people done shore excursions with other couples gone to evening shows with dinner mates and been invited to guests suites for pre dinner cocktails. If you're friendly people are also friendly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irvington said:

I love solo - I choose to pretty much do my own thing - and definitely do Select dining so I get my own table. I am NOT one who likes being seated with people I don't know - it has not worked out in the past when it's happened.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I am NOT one who likes being seated with people I don't know - it has not worked out in the past when it's happened.

In my case I've always been seated with others usually a table of 6 to 8. Always a great experience.   On one cruise we we pretty much closed the MDR most nights had such nice tablemates. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

In my case I've always been seated with others usually a table of 6 to 8. Always a great experience.   On one cruise we we pretty much closed the MDR most nights had such nice tablemates. 

I'm glad it works for you. It never has for me and I'm tired of resorting to the buffet if there are no other options.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 10:13 AM, bigsqfeet said:

I have been wondering about this as well. I am booked in 6139 ES single infinite veranda. In the Apex deck plan it’s the same size (with balcony) as the PO ocean view. Would Celebrity just eliminate cabin square footage for the sake of cabin class uniformity???  Hope I get to find out  🙂

@bigsqfeet did you ever end up sailing on the Apex in 6139? Trying to find out if this ES is larger than the other ES cabins or not. 

I 'd keep the IV single..

You can leave the  the inner bi fold doors open, face the chair inward.  Overall gives more room in the cabin ...and you can still open the half window for sea air, photos etc,  I would feel very confined with just a window.

Hope you have a nice view and that the bathroom is large, like all others on E class. Can always manage storage issues...