NY-NY 21 free transfers,which airport?

zoncom

1 hour ago, zoncom said:

Assuming it goes. My O agent wasnt sure which airport qualifies, thought maybe Newark. She never got back to me. I have booked LAG. Anyone have an honest answer?

This  a new perk   that came in during COVID  but  I am guessing it will be  a Gateway airport 

LGA, JFK or EWR  would qualify I am sure

1 hour ago, zoncom said:

I was told all cruises get transfers by O reguardless who books the air. I have had 2 disasters with O air so will now book air on my own.

That hasn't been true in the past. I've always booked my own air and never got Oceania transfers. 

I see where they have free transfers  with O Life Choice Airfare included, but if you booked your own air you do have O Life Choice?

Edited by njhorseman

10 minutes ago, zoncom said:

I have O Life minus air; told transfers included.

I'm pretty sure you were told wrong.  

Here you go, from the Oceania Terms and Conditions, you might want to have a talk with whoever told you that. Now we know for sure and we can quit guessing. 

Not all amenities will be available on all carriers. “Airfare” includes ground transfers, and offer applies to coach, roundtrip flights only from the following airports: ATL, BOS, CLT, DCA, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, IAH, IAD, JFK, LAX, LGA, MCO, MDW, MIA, ORD, PHL, PHX, SAN, SAV, SEA, SFO, TPA, YOW, YUL, YVR, YYZ. Oceania Cruises reserves the right to assign gateways based on availability for JFK, LGA and MIA. Gateways are subject to change at any time. Airfare is available from all other U.S. and Canadian gateways for an additional charge. Free Roundtrip Airport Transfer offer is only available when OLife Choice Airfare is purchased through Oceania Cruises. Roundtrip Airport Transfer included only from the above gateways. 

Edited by ORV
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, zoncom said:

I have O Life minus air; told transfers included.

Suggest you have another chat with your agent

To answer the question of the promotion of included transfer from/to which airport:

Promotion Terms & Conditions | Oceania Cruises

"Roundtrip Airport Transfer included only from the above gateways"

and 

"Airfare” includes ground transfers, and offer applies to coach, roundtrip flights only from the following airports: ATL, BOS, CLT, DCA, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, IAH, IAD, JFK, LAX, LGA, MCO, MDW, MIA, ORD, PHL, PHX, SAN, SAV, SEA, SFO, TPA, YOW, YUL, YVR, YYZ. 

but see this:

"Free Roundtrip Airport Transfer offer is only available when OLife Choice Airfare is purchased through Oceania Cruises"

Edited by YoHoHo
Oops. Now see ORV posted ahead of me.

11 minutes ago, zoncom said:

ORV, Possible, my O. agent is a bit dingy .Where are all you cruisers flying into? I am in ASPEN and .will probably need to sleep in DEN or NYC airports.

I fly into wherever the cruise is leaving from, most of the time. 

Additionally, Oceania charges one extra to fly from a non Gateway City. So I believe if one pays that additional fee, for O Air, Oceania still provides free transfers. BNA (Nashville ) is an extra $99 each way, while EVV (Evansville) is an extra $199 each way. 

Best to clarify with your Travel Agent.

Historically, transfers from airport to ship have been on a fee basis -- and an expensive one at that.  We've never paid for transfers ourselves, mostly because we come in early and leave late.  Now, if you book a hotel visit through Oceania (at their exorbitant rates), THEN there is a free transfer.

Rules may have changed since our last cruise, though ...

Mura

59 minutes ago, Mura said:

Historically, transfers from airport to ship have been on a fee basis -- and an expensive one at that.  We've never paid for transfers ourselves, mostly because we come in early and leave late.  Now, if you book a hotel visit through Oceania (at their exorbitant rates), THEN there is a free transfer.

Rules may have changed since our last cruise, though ...

Mura

Yes, now they are giving transfers with a flight. This is all on their website. No extra charge.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Yes, now they are giving transfers with a flight. This is all on their website. No extra charge.

I would rather not  hang around waiting for the bus to load up   but that is just me 😉

been there, done that

I could be on the ship before the bus arrives  LOL

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, LHT28 said:

This  a new perk   that came in during COVID  but  I am guessing it will be  a Gateway airport 

LGA, JFK or EWR  would qualify I am sure

So, I know this thread is several months old, but did anyone ever figure this out? I originally thought it would be transfers to/from our home airport, but then figured it was just in Europe to/from the cruise. Your comment seems to go along with my original thinking. I'm not sure why a gateway city would matter if it were on the cruise end, since the odds are you'd end up on a flight from one of those cities. And it does say roundtrip. But my cruise confirmation only shows these transfers:

Air Transfer Airport To Ship 
Air Transfer Ship To Airport

Also, assuming that it includes transfers on the cruise end as well, what happens if you do custom air and have your own hotel at the start of the cruise? The T&C don't exclude that situation.

In my case, I actually would be flying from JFK. Would be great if Oceania paid to get me to the airport.

Edited by MisterBill99

In the past the transfers were airport to ship and ship to airport only if you used Oceania air. Also, the transfers were not included if you used Oceania air and took the deviation (i.e. came if early, stayed after cruise). Things might have changed but I doubt it. 

11 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

In my case, I actually would be flying from JFK. Would be great if Oceania paid to get me to the airport.

it is not from your home to the airport 

as stated above  airport to ship & ship to airport

If one pays a deviation, AND uses Oceania’s outrageously priced hotels, Oceania then provides transfer from the airport to said hotel. Then from hotel to ship. If one doesn’t use their hotels, then no transfers.

The same goes for an Oceania sponsored pre and/or post extension. Transfers are provided. On the extensions , one is not required to use O Air to get the transfers. They need only provide Oceania with their flight arrangements ( via their TA). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

If one pays a deviation, AND uses Oceania’s outrageously priced hotels, Oceania then provides transfer from the airport to said hotel. Then from hotel to ship. If one doesn’t use their hotels, then no transfers.

The same goes for an Oceania sponsored pre and/or post extension. Transfers are provided. On the extensions , one is not required to use O Air to get the transfers. They need only provide Oceania with their flight arrangements ( via their TA). 

That is how it used to be. For 2022, they started to advertise free transfers, which was the reason for this thread.

image.png.b15c113d039d010dd6c2bf4931f5057e.png

1 hour ago, MisterBill99 said:

That is how it used to be. For 2022, they started to advertise free transfers, which was the reason for this thread.

image.png.b15c113d039d010dd6c2bf4931f5057e.png

1. If you use O’s Air, you now get free transfers.

2. To get the free transfers, one must fly in and out on the dates of embarkment and disembarkment.

3.  If one utilizes an O hotel or extension, they get free transfers.

The transfers, unless #3, are to/from ship and airport only. 

If one flies in early or late, regardless of paying a deviation, transfers are not included.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

I would pick the airport that offers a non-stop from your home airport.

If you have multiple options pick the best one. (price/schedule/etc)

Unless you deviate you don't get those choices. You'll go where and when Oceania schedules you.