The Daily for Thursday Jan 21, 2021

richwmn

8 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Good afternoon on this slow Thursday afternoon - well only up to post #21 so far today.

We are just back home after DW having her first Radiotherapy 'blast'.  Only 14 more to go 🙏.

We also received news that my first cousin succumbed to Covid 19 this morning in a UK hospital.  He had been taken into hospital on New Year's Eve and had been in a coma for the past 10 days.

So wear that mask and stay safe everyone.....please!

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your cousin to this terrible virus.

Prayers that your DW responds to Radiotherapy well and easily, and that it seems like no time at all until that 15th treatment is behind her.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

My favorite stop was at the Wintergarden. This is two victorian-style glass houses or conservatory. I could have stayed here all day.  On the grounds were these unusual palms. Again I don't know the name.  Something like fern palm???  The flowers were gorgeous. @Overhead Fred would love it. 

Australia and New Zealand are most assuredly on our bucket list. When I finally get to Auckland, I'll be sure to make a stop at Wintergarden!

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, dfish said:

The siding guys finished up today.  The new gutters were installed and all the finishing touches applied.  I did buy a new light fixture for the front door as the old one would have looked really bad with the new siding.  The back wall of my bedroom is all shored up and the drywall was patched around the window.  Also, the ceiling was repaired where I had a hole from the improperly installed roof.  I am thrilled.

Woo hoo!🥂

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

So sorry to hear of your cousin's death, @VMax1700.  What a sad time it is, and for your wife, a difficult time to be undergoing radiation.  

Beautiful photos today, and hope for spring - when we were out this morning, we saw a lot of snowdrops in bloom.  Hope they don't get too shocked by the snow we are due to get this weekend.  

Squirrels - rats with fluffy tails, my cousin calls them - I love watching their shenanigans, but they (or the local rats) have twice eaten through the wire coverings in the car that lives outside.  Evidently T****a uses a fabric around the electrics which is soy based, and very tasty.  It's an expensive repair.  Now DD tries to deter them by putting Irish Spring soap shaving around the engine, and everything is scented by it.

IMG_1716.thumb.jpg.04a76a055c6877f3f4acac1278d16391.jpg

PS Forgot to say, it looks like the new eagle babies in Florida may be hatching any day now!  

https://www.dickpritchettrealestate.com/eagle-feed.html

Subaru does the same thing  --- soy based wire covers...GRRR.  Had only had my new car for 2 weeks (in the garage) & they had already visited.  We were told Downy (& only Downy) dryer sheets would deter them....so far so good but they need replaced every couple of months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

Any idea why they are cruising up from anchorage off S.D. to port in Los Angeles?   Seems like a waste of fuel.   They must be getting better prices for dockage and supplies in Los Angeles than San Diego?

Will attempt to find out for ya, stand by please, dog of the law 61

• Like 4

Cruising along, I am glad the squirrel comment brought up good memories of your sister  I have been "sworn at" by the squirrels more then once when I was out working in the yard!  They are fun to watch, I can see them from my upstairs office make the rounds across the fence line to the barn to the tree.

When I was growing up they were rare here but apparently some folks let them loose in a park about 3 miles from the house and they spread and settled in! (I live in same house I grew up in)

I think I figured out how to add a picture!

Denise

Squirrel.JPG

• Like 9

@.Everyone. (too many to list ) Thank you for the condolences and support.  It really means a lot when we are keeping ourselves isolated. Sometimes it feels like you are all sitting in the kitchen with us, swopping recipes etc.  (Why do I always end up having to do the wash-up?? 😁)

@NextOne  Hope all goes well for your DH with his treatment.  Stay strong.

• Like 11

21 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Good afternoon on this slow Thursday afternoon - well only up to post #21 so far today.

We are just back home after DW having her first Radiotherapy 'blast'.  Only 14 more to go 🙏.

We also received news that my first cousin succumbed to Covid 19 this morning in a UK hospital.  He had been taken into hospital on New Year's Eve and had been in a coma for the past 10 days.

So wear that mask and stay safe everyone.....please!

Happy to hear that your DW has begun her radiotherapy.  Prayers for her that it aids in her recovery 🙏🏻 

I am so sorry to hear of your cousin’s death.  This virus is so cruel.  Our condolences and prayers for you, your cousin and their family 🙏🏻 ♥️ 

• Like 4

On 1/21/2021 at 4:35 PM, LawDog61 said:

Any idea why they are cruising up from anchorage off S.D. to port in Los Angeles?   Seems like a waste of fuel.   They must be getting better prices for dockage and supplies in Los Angeles than San Diego?

You got it pretty much right! Bunkering (taking on fuel) cost in L.A. is considerably cheaper than in San Diego, That's why she came over here as opposed to going to the city of the Padres

• Like 1