Meravigilia Yacht Club which deck is best?

Nashna

We're optomists!  This week, we were fortunate to get our first Pfizer shots and are now looking forward to traveling again.  We just had an 18-day late Spring cruise cancel and are now exploring a fall cruise.  We sailed on Divina in January 2019 in the Yacht Club and absolutely loved it.  Now looking at the Meravigilia which has all YC decks are available.  I would appreciate any suggestions as to our best deck option.

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

We just booked 16020.

I was on Deck 15.  (When I booked, there were no suites available for my cruise on Deck 16.)  I was pleased with my location.  I think you will be pleased as well.  

Meraviglia is a lovely ship.  The YC experience was unique and very pleasant for me.  Stepping outside YC, when the staff recognized that I was a YC guest, the service that I received was as good as and, a couple of times, exceeded what I received within the YC area.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blordos said:

Deck 16 is the YC lounge and deck 18 the YC restaurant. All decks are very quiet. I would book deck 16 because it's closest to the lounge ( drinking ) 🙂

OP - if you are wondering why I commented that the restaurant was one flight up from Deck 16 but blordos is saying the restaurant is on deck 18, that is because MSC ships do not have a deck 17 due to an Italian superstition that it is an unlucky number.

• 2 years later...

To anyone that has stayed in this suite do you remember if the sofa or the bed was closest to the balcony? I can't find any pics of this room and I have time to change it if necessary. It's just that we prefer the sofa to be closest to the balcony.

Thanks for any info!

3 hours ago, shanecindy21403 said:

To anyone that has stayed in this suite do you remember if the sofa or the bed was closest to the balcony? I can't find any pics of this room and I have time to change it if necessary. It's just that we prefer the sofa to be closest to the balcony.

Thanks for any info!

Which suite?? If you are talking normal YC rooms the bed is by the bath.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:15 AM, blordos said:

Deck 16 is the YC lounge and deck 18 the YC restaurant. All decks are very quiet. I would book deck 16 because it's closest to the lounge ( drinking ) 🙂

This, stayed about 3 cabins from the lounge, had my own private entrance it seemed.  That said, hard to go wrong anywhere. 

12 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

This, stayed about 3 cabins from the lounge, had my own private entrance it seemed.  That said, hard to go wrong anywhere. 

We were at the end right next to that secret door into the lounge. People often ask if there's any lounge noise heard in those rooms, and we never heard a peep. Would book again in a heartbeat.

3 minutes ago, jules815 said:

We were at the end right next to that secret door into the lounge. People often ask if there's any lounge noise heard in those rooms, and we never heard a peep. Would book again in a heartbeat.

Tell me more about this cabin and secret door please.

Laura

21 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Tell me more about this cabin and secret door please.

Laura

Not really a "secret," but at the end of both hallways on deck 16, closest to the lounge, there's a door leading into the lounge. Really convenient. Our room was a standard YC1 on Meraviglia. I guess some people might not like it being all the way at the end, but those hallways aren't very long anyway. 

• Like 1