Ushuaia, any tours to recommend?

happy_travellers

• 4 weeks later...

We took the 5.5 hour National Park with hiking tour with https://www.tourguideushuaia.net/ushuaia-private-guide/

We beat all of the cruise line tours there and had many areas to ourselves.  Afterwards, they gave us the option of dropping us off in town or to the pier.  I thought it was well done.  

Unfortunately, we took this tour in March of 2020 and came down with COVID shortly after, but fully recovered!  That's a whole other story...

Sue

We were in South America one year ago today for our two week cruise out of BA.  On our port stop in Ushuaia we took an all day tour of the National Park with Ruben Menenses.  He was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed our tour.  You can reach him at ruben-ushuaia@hotmail.com.

Barb

On 2/18/2021 at 12:30 PM, matamanoa said:

We were in South America one year ago today for our two week cruise out of BA.  On our port stop in Ushuaia we took an all day tour of the National Park with Ruben Menenses.  He was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed our tour.  You can reach him at ruben-ushuaia@hotmail.com.

Barb

We had a private tour booked with Ruben two years ago. Based on the excellent correspondence I'm sure Ruben would have given us a great tour but at the last minute he had car trouble and couldn't make it. Rather than cancelling on us at the last minute he arranged for Federico from Anan Tourismo to take his place (ananturismo@gmail.com). Click here to see the Anan Tourismo Facebook page.

I was a little hesitant to spend the day with someone I knew nothing about, but our day with Federico in Ushuaia was possibly one of the best tours we have EVER done! Also Federico now has a handicapped accessible van which would make him a great choice if you are traveling with anyone who has mobility issues.

Here is a link to a blog post I did about our day in Ushuaia if you are interested in seeing what we did:  Ushuaia Blog Post

Hi Arymay,

I'm glad that your substitute tour and driver worked out.  It was certainly a beautiful area of the world to visit and I'm pleased that we took a private tour to make the most of our time in Ushuaia.  I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your pictures.  We hit a lot of the same places but also got to visit a sled dog farm where the dogs are housed and trained over the summer months for the upcoming winter season.  We, too, were able to get off the beaten path and take a trail that led us to the end area of the National Park and that sign that we all had our pictures taken in front of.  On the day that we were at the end of the world post office, it was blowing and cold but we got some great pictures.  We also had a tour of Ushuaia at the end of the day and we can highly recommend Ruben as a guide.  

Barb

• 2 weeks later...