Tell Me About the Suite Beach on Labadee!

Barefoot Beach is the Suites’ beach on Labadee.  It’s a nice area with private beach access, a bar area and an upgraded lunch buffet.  There is a golf cart that will take you from the beach entrance to Barefoot Beach.  If you want to rent a cabana, the Concierge can take care of that before boarding.  There are lots of loungers and shade.  It’s a nice, quiet area.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Barefoot Beach is the Suites’ beach on Labadee.  It’s a nice area with private beach access, a bar area and an upgraded lunch buffet.  There is a golf cart that will take you from the beach entrance to Barefoot Beach.  If you want to rent a cabana, the Concierge can take care of that before boarding.  There are lots of loungers and shade.  It’s a nice, quiet area.

Are there restrooms there??

We did Barefoot Beach at Labadee as we were in the "Sweet" on Independence.  I liked the area as you don't need to walk past the multitude of vendors to get to the farther beach, and it's quieter than adrenaline beach as it doesn't have the zipline noise above your head. 

From what I remember, the lunch for us was not upgraded but it is separate from the other lunch areas so not quite as crowded.

We really enjoy the cabanas on barefoot beach.  We like the over the water locations as they are private and close to the water.  We also had cabanas in the back of the beach which aren't nearly as nice.  You have an attendant who will bring you drinks- if you have drink package- or you get the drinks charged to your suite.  Included in the Cabana fee is a chest of bottled ice water.  They bring you towels also.  In addition you will get two-or more- water noodles and water mats to use   You also get a special lunch.  My only negative comment is that the rest rooms aren't located at barefoot beach- but a little walk outside the beach gates.  You get an upgraded lunch and more availability for tables.

IMO well worth it.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We’ve enjoyed the upgraded buffet at the suite beach. Never knew of provided towels. I don’t recall seeing a towel stand to get them. We always bought them from the ship.   

We also like the beach ( don’t recall the name) that is just past the suite beach. 

M

I was not impressed the first time we went there.  Visited for a bit, then left.  

Not the best of the beaches, (big drop off, bits of rocks as you walk in).  OK buffet, but no comp beer and wine (and for pay drinks).  Restroom are not in beach area.  You have to walk back out, across the roadway, to get to the closest.  Then don't forget to take your sea pass card, you will have to show it again to enter again.  

We enjoyed just walking the area, then back to the ship for nice lunch in CK instead.  

18 minutes ago, island lady said:

I was not impressed the first time we went there.  Visited for a bit, then left.  

Not the best of the beaches, (big drop off, bits of rocks as you walk in).  OK buffet, but no comp beer and wine (and for pay drinks).  Restroom are not in beach area.  You have to walk back out, across the roadway, to get to the closest.  Then don't forget to take your sea pass card, you will have to show it again to enter again.  

We enjoyed just walking the area, then back to the ship for nice lunch in CK instead.  

Never expected complimentary alcoholic beverages.  

M

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Never expected complimentary alcoholic beverages.  

M

Didn't either...but thought the comp beer and wine with lunch would have been nice...to match CK.  But then again...of course that is only Oasis class ships.  

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

We’ve always enjoyed it.  They have lots of towels just past the entrance.  At least recently they gave us wristbands, so didn’t need card.

Buffet is good especially compared to the main ones.  If nothing else, lines are much shorter.  We’ve had cabanas, but like chairs just as well.

• Like 1

In recent years we've gotten wristbands in our cabin to wear to Labadee.  If not in a cabana, the attendant gives us two towels each when setting up our loungers in our desired location and we always request mats.  Love the seafood skewers at the upgraded buffet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

I liked Labadee, my husband was not impressed. The last time we went to Labadee, my husband just wanted to stay on the ship and do lunch in CK. 

15 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I liked Labadee, my husband was not impressed. The last time we went to Labadee, my husband just wanted to stay on the ship and do lunch in CK. 

We used to love it when it was a tendered port.  The best snorkel beach was were the hard dock is now.   Always enjoyed going out to Dragon Point, now it's iffy when they let you out there.  Remember the old "Pirate ship" bar out at the far end.  So cute.  

Now we just go off ship there to do some morning walk, circle the entire area, and back to the now almost empty ship...and indeed...lunch in CK.  😉 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sandebeach said:

After a little mix-up with reserving a cabana through the suite concierge, we just got two lounge chairs and had the attendant put them under shade palms. It was a nice day and I liked the updated lunch. 

I wouldn't get a cabana if I knew for sure I could get under a shade palm. Can the concierge arrange that?

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We used to love it when it was a tendered port.  The best snorkel beach was were the hard dock is now.   Always enjoyed going out to Dragon Point, now it's iffy when they let you out there.  Remember the old "Pirate ship" bar out at the far end.  So cute.  

Now we just go off ship there to do some morning walk, circle the entire area, and back to the now almost empty ship...and indeed...lunch in CK.  😉 

I thought food at suite buffet was better than lunch at CK, I know Holland America has a pirate ship bar on there private island and there was live music there.