5. HAL Rotterdam -> Fred Olsen Borealis 
6. HAL Maasdam -> Seajets Aegan Myths 
7. HAL Veendam -> Seajets Aegean Majesty 
8. P&O Oceana -> Seajets Queen of the Oceans 
9. POAU Pacific Aria -> Seajets 
10. POAU Pacific Dawn -> Ocean Builders MS Satoshi, now scrapped by them
11. Sea Princess > Sanya Int Cruise Charming
12. Sun Princess > Peace Boat Pacific World
13. Pacific Princess > Azamara's new owner?

Scrapped: 
14. Costa Victoria 
15. Carnival Fantasy
16. Carnival Inspiration 
17. Carnival Fascination 
18. Carnival Imagination 
19.  ??

Older ships by delivery date:
1991: Carnival Ecstasy
1993: Carnival Sensation
1996: AIDAcara
1997: POAU Explorer 
1998: Carnival Elation & Paradise, Grand Princess 
1999: HAL MS Volendam
2000: HAL MS Zaandam & PO Aurora 

New builds: 
Princess Enchanted delivered 2020
PO Iona May 2020
Costa Firenze February 2021
Carnival Mardi Gras April 2021
Discovery Princess 2021
AIDAcosma May 2021
HAL MS Rotterdam July 2021
Seabourn Venture December 2021
Carnival Celebration May 2022

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

So was CCL paid for POAU Pacific Dawn?? FWIW I'm more interested in cash in to corporation more than when ships are scrapped .... sad that's where they end up but they all do eventually 

Edited by Ombud

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

So was CCL paid for POAU Pacific Dawn?? FWIW I'm more interested in cash in to corporation more than when ships are scrapped .... sad that's where they end up but they all do eventually 

If a ship is scrapped, there may not be much cash in, but there is a savings in not having to maintain it during the Pandemic when it cannot be used for cruises.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thats why I hope Ocean Builders paid for it

The company that bought Azamara from Royal Caribbean paid $201 million for three ships, the brand name, etc., about $67 million per ship. Keeping the same Azamara name, means spending very little, if any, $$$ to continue using those ships.

If they purchased the Pacific Princess, they would have to spend millions of $$$ to convert it to an Azamara ship. Even if they gave Princess $67 million for it, the money would not last long in this "no-sail" situation for all the Princess ships.

• Like 2

Grand hasn't gone anywhere, its just in the list of pre-2000 ships. And I loved window seat in Alfredos watching whales outside while munching on pizza!!! I'm hoping to repeat it in 2022 or 2023. On her

• Like 1

I hope that Pacific Princess was purchased by the new owners of Azamara.  We mostly sail Princess but also really like Azamara.  I was hoping to sail on Pacific Princess when cruising got back to normal but I guess that is not to be.   My favorite is Grand Princess.  I keep holding my breath and crossing my fingers that Grand doesn't leave the fleet.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aimee0715 said:

I hope that Pacific Princess was purchased by the new owners of Azamara.... I keep holding my breath and crossing my fingers that Grand doesn't leave the fleet.  

Princess held on to the Grand after they had invested in Medallion hardware for it. It is older than the Golden or Star, which are shifting to P&O Aus. It will likely be around for awhile.

Sycamore Partners, buyers of Azamara, holds things like Talbots, Hot Topic, Staples, Torrid... Retail. Their strength is making retail efficient and profitable, but they do not know cruising. They announced their Azamara purchase. The buyer of the Pacific went undisclosed. Inconsistent with their style. 

Edited by mtnesterz

Thank you @mtnesterz I was hoping you'd pop in!! Golden & Star are still in the 'family' and probably will be for a while. I'll see them on POAU 

Also hoping QM2 stays with Cunard. New ships are great if I'm primarily interested in listening to music onboard but the others are better for ports. 

Edited by Ombud

16 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Princess held on to the Grand after they had invested in Medallion hardware for it. It is older than the Golden or Star, which are shifting to P&O Aus. It will likely be around for awhile.

Sycamore Partners, buyers of Azamara, holds things like Talbots, Hot Topic, Staples, Torrid... Retail. Their strength is making retail efficient and profitable, but they do not know cruising. They announced their Azamara purchase. The buyer of the Pacific went undisclosed. Inconsistent with their style. 

Well, they have said they plan to add more ships to the Azamara fleet.  Buying Pacific Princess gets them there a lot faster than a new build. The fact that we learned of the sale of Azamara and the sale of Pacific Princess in the same week is also fueling the rumors.  I guess time will tell.

https://travelweekly.co.uk/articles/399076/new-azamara-owners-plan-to-add-more-ships-to-fleet?fbclid=IwAR3CRqc9kvEuRwtuldKSUd2Fze7ipDh767YyCA2jPaAhGi8BdONRka7E8Fk

• Like 1

It wouldn’t in the least surprise me if the Aurora was to leave P&O soon, it was fairly common knowledge that she would leave when Iona’s sister joined the fleet in 2022 anyway, apart from QM2 she has the most amount of public space per passenger across all carnival brands this virtue also making her one of the least profitable. Her engines are also very thirsty having been built for fast cruising on long exotic itineraries. Pre COVID the Chinese company that brought her near sister Oriana made several offers on her so that they could have a cohesive pair.

Instead of Aida Cara my guess would be the younger Aida Mira as although they’ve just got her she’s the only ship in their fleet that doesn’t naturally  fit in with Aida’s unique style of cruising where the Cara was what the whole concept was based around. Ive also heard the Mira is not very popular with regulars for this very reason.

19 hours ago, Ombud said:

Hey, I've got a few quarters laying around so count me in 😂

21 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

I told you if we put together our nickels, we could buy one of these ships.

But which ship would we buy and to what end? Threads on CC have shown we can't even agree what should be worn in the MDR. Likely the only agreement we'd arrive at would be to agree to buy something for it's scrap value.

The original Crown Princess (70K GT) is within this thread's subject. It transferred around several lines, lastly as the Karnika. NKD Marine paid US$11.65mil just to scrap it in India. Lots of nickles and quarters!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farts said:

ouch. 

Who are buying these ships?

If you go to my 1st post I list it as far as I've been able to gleen with the help of other CC Members & Wikipedia. Such as: 

1. Costa Atlantica (used to be ) -> (is now) CSSC 
2. Costa Mediterranea (used to be ) -> (is now) CSSC 
3. Costa neoRomantica (used to be) -> (is now)

Celestyal Cruises Experience 
4. HAL Amsterdam (used to be ) -> (is now) Fred Olsen Bolette 
5. HAL Rotterdam (used to be ) -> (is now) Fred Olsen Borealis 
6. HAL Maasdam (used to be ) -> (is now) Seajets Aegan Myths 

7-13 follow suit

14-18 scrap yards

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 10:55 AM, Ombud said:

Grand hasn't gone anywhere, its just in the list of pre-2000 ships. And I loved window seat in Alfredos watching whales outside while munching on pizza!!! I'm hoping to repeat it in 2022 or 2023. On her

Thank you! Please explain to me what that category means: "List of Pre- 2000 Ships".

Thanks

I simply listed them by age as older ships are less environmentally friendly, hold less cruisers, and (if anything like cars) require more care. However,  so far that list has gotten smaller and smaller as they are going