Morning After VAX 1

NavArch64

1 hour ago, allisonb22 said:

I had Covid in May and have also heard those who have had it prior have worse side effects. It makes sense..

I tested Positive for Covid on 5 Jan.  Got the 1st Pfizer vaccine on 14 Jan.  Tested Neg for Covid on 18 Jan, 21 Jan, and 22 Jan.  Have no side effects.

I got my 2nd vaccine scheduled at the time I had my 1st.  That should be the protocol.  

One size doesn't fit all.  

Edited by Auntiemomo

39 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I tested Positive for Covid on 5 Jan.  Got the 1st Pfizer vaccine on 14 Jan.  Tested Neg for Covid on 18 Jan, 21 Jan, and 22 Jan.  Have no side effects.

I got my 2nd vaccine scheduled at the time I had my 1st.  That should be the protocol.  

Interesting. Here if you test positive for Covid you can't have the vaccine for 90 days. 

Just now, Auntiemomo said:

I was never asked, but how does one know?  You would have Covid and not know and not have any systems and get the vaccine?

It is all over the website you need to use to set your appointment and one of the questions they ask when filling out the pre vaccination questionnaire. 

I am just pointing out a difference in how the are running different vaccination site depending on location. 

56 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Did you get the vaccine at a drive thru location? Is the questionnaire different?

4 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't pre-schedule your 2nd dose. That sucks and I'm sorry for those who are having to stress through the process. I sure hope you are all able to get that 2nd dose @ 21 or 28 days as directed by the mfg.

I agree.  I was scheduled 20 days aft my initial vaccine.    I hope I show up and can get the vaccine.  

Edited by Auntiemomo

9 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

25 of us got our first dose of Pfizer Tuesday administered by CVS. No side effects in anyone other than a sore upper arm (injection site) for a day or two. Age ranges from 25-96. The needle is so thin you can barely feel the shot.

Are you in the health care field and Southern California?  In other words, why are you eligible? 

On 1/22/2021 at 7:04 AM, PelicanBill said:

If it goes, it will be adults only unless they waive the vaccine requirement for children!  At this point we it is really hard to say if we will see a majority of Americans vaccinated by then. Most reports I am seeing say fall for the last group, no longer summer.  Crossing my fingers for supply issues to be solved, then the issue becomes the % of people not willing to get vaccinated.  That could driving masking and social distancing into next year.

My wife got the first shot and final shot next week. She is breastfeeding and the baby should have the protection of the vaccine. My wife is in a study. So hopefully our daughter is protected the same as if she took the vaccine.

• Like 2

Great for all those getting the vaccine.

My very large Hospice has not received any vaccines. Something seriously wrong in this state when front line staff (Yes our staff go into homes with Covid+ patient/families, and our hospice house workers) have not been offered a vaccine yet. I personally am not front line and no longer go into homes... so I can wait. Our other staff cannot.

Out of nearly 600 employees... 13 have been vaccinated... at other locations. After a conference call with the state, we know exactly where/who the fault lies with, and it surprised no one.

5 hours ago, SonicShip said:

My wife got the first shot and final shot next week. She is breastfeeding and the baby should have the protection of the vaccine. My wife is in a study. So hopefully our daughter is protected the same as if she took the vaccine.

Oh interesting. I wonder if anyone has done antibody tests on infants to demonstrate this?

Overall, though, we are in terrible shape to suggest requiring vaccines any time this year for adults still, and children won't have access until next year.  I am supposed to be in group 1c in NY as I have diabetes.  Originally they said March or April. Now it looks like May or June. And general population is being told not to expect access until August at the earliest, and probably September-October. Plus a month to the second vaccine, plus a month to full effectiveness.... plus who would plop down $4K in final payment wondering if you will get both does of your vaccine?

On 1/22/2021 at 11:54 AM, boscobeans said:

Got Pfizer # 1yesterday as well.

Very slight soreness in my arm, nothing else whatsoever. 

#2 on Feb. 11th.  

Bosco

Same here.  Pfizer #1 on Thursday.  Soreness like a flu shot.  Made a bit worse by swimming 1600 yds later in the day.

I'm hearing #2 is the bad boy.😵

11 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't pre-schedule your 2nd dose. That sucks and I'm sorry for those who are having to stress through the process. I sure hope you are all able to get that 2nd dose @ 21 or 28 days as directed by the mfg.

My first and second dose were scheduled at the same time. I knew when my second dose would be before I had even received the first dose.

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My first and second dose were scheduled at the same time. I knew when my second dose would be before I had even received the first dose.

This is really how it should be done everywhere. We were encouraged through the school district I work for to go to the county POD site, which is where I made my appointment. We were told we would receive an email after the first dose inviting us to schedule our second dose. a couple days later when I did not get the email I was told you would only get the email if you went to the state run site and not one of the county ones. The county then released a signup sheet (only on twitter as far as I can tell) to sign up if you are interested in the second dose. Supposedly they'll email if appointments open up for the second dose.  In the meantime I am tryinng to find out if I can just get the second dose through one of the state run sites. So far it is a no, since they aren't working together but hopefully that is being worked on. I am going to keep pushing. I did hear from someone if you can get an appointment for a first dose at the state run sites (currently they are all filled) they will give the second dose to someone else already in the car.  My husband's group should open up soon and if I can get him nn appointment I figure I will bring my card and go with and see what happens. 

Meanwhile so many people were having issues with getting appointments the school district arranged their own drive through clinic for employees and have the first and second dose scheduled. But I can't get my second dose through them since I had Pfizer and they are using Moderna.  It is very frustrating. 

3 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

...... plus who would plop down $4K in final payment wondering if you will get both does of your vaccine?

Honestly there seems to be more unknowns about cruising now with the release of the vaccine than what we were predicting a year ago. Cruises had started up over the summer in Europe with no vaccine approval. Now it’s a race to get a vaccine not knowing if you will be able to board without it.

• Like 1

Got my first dose of Moderna on January 15th. They just gave me a slip of paper to return for my second dose between February 10 and February 20th. Wide date range and no specific appt. date just told to come in. I hope they'll have my second dose reserved for me.

3 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My second dose was scheduled for 28 days after the first one, same time, same location. Very simple.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

The scheduling process here in NY is ridiculous.  My friend can’t even schedule her first appointment.  Only opening she found is for May.

That is because they won’t schedule until they have vaccines in stock. NYU stopped scheduling appointments.