The Daily for Saturday Jan 23, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I had a disturbing email from my brother's SO today.  They recently visited Hawaii and on the return trip Roger has become very weak.  He is due for back surgery February 4 which does not sound like a good combination with his condition.

Roy

Very sorry to hear this

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I had a disturbing email from my brother's SO today.  They recently visited Hawaii and on the return trip Roger has become very weak.  He is due for back surgery February 4 which does not sound like a good combination with his condition.

Roy

So sorry to hear this, Roy. Prayers for your brothers swift recovery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

We will keep your brother, his SO, and you in our thoughts and prayers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

I'm sorry to hear this, Roy -- sending prayers for your brother's improvement. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Roy, sorry to hear of your brother's health problem.  Prayers for healing for all!

The quilt is gorgeous!  I truly can't imagine the detailed handwork that went into it.  I know the quilt that my GrandFather made was hand pieced, so when I got it quilted I insisted that it be hand quilted.  The quilt top is now over 80 years old.  I keep it on a bed in my spare room, and it is treasured!

This site is always so uplifting, and I think we all need this in these long, lonely days.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, I agree. Has your brother been tested for the virus? Two people I know who have had the virus started with that symptom.  Adding his physical well-being to my prayers.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Roy, I agree. Has your brother been tested for the virus? Two people I know who have had the virus started with that symptom.  Adding his physical well-being to my prayers.

I assume so, at least in conjunction with his travel.

Rou

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Sorry to hear this. Best wishes for him.

Susan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Overhead FredPecan Tassies?  Please share the recipe.🙂

It took some digging , but I found the Tassie recipe. Actually, I found 3 in mom's old recipe files and I am not certain which one she liked the best. They are all relatively similar. The first one is from our old neighbor, Gladys Baetz. Mom probably got the recipe when I was in elementary school -

Tassie 1.pdf

1067422736_Tassie1a.thumb.jpg.42e1bb5c80d6f8bb913a562a378a2553.jpg

912904252_Tassie1b.thumb.jpg.1736651c14158f9f2e095f130bd0b046.jpg

The next two are from newspapers (the Pittsburgh Press most likely) and from her notes, I am guessing mom tried them both -

Tassie 2&3.pdf

2053385514_Tassie23a.thumb.jpg.7d7bb2f041a5d7b88c392cb3e0b17de8.jpg

She always used a small muffin pan but I think Sandbakkel tins would also work well and might be a bit fancier looking in the end (we have not tried this yet; our sandbakkels are at our Canadian cottage!)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Yikes!  Hope all will be well! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Overhead Fred Thank you for sharing the recipes.  Oh my, a handwritten recipe card (and very legible 🙂).  I can't wait to make them but I have to make a trip to the grocery store first.

I have Sandbakkel tins!  I didn't know that's what they are called, but I have some.

Edited by puppycanducruise
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Overhead Fred Thank you for sharing the recipes.  Oh my, a handwritten recipe card (and very legible 🙂).  I can't wait to make them but I have to make a trip to the grocery store first.

I have Sandbakkel tins!  I didn't know that's what they are called, but I have some.

I have (or had) some but I had no idea what they were either. Will have to check if I kept them, and try this is so. DH loves shortbread. 

• Like 1