Favourite NCL ship and why?

donnakidston

Hello,

havig just had our second sailing cancelled we are looking to re-book (goodness knows for when!) We have sailed the Getaway (loved) and the Gem (OH didn't like it, said everything was too close together!)  Escape just been cancelled for April 2021 😞

My question to you is: what is your all time favourite NCL ship and why?  

Let's cheer ourselves up with some fond memories.

Escape! We still talk about the Mushroom soup in Le Bistro 3 years later!  We thought the bars were great. Fun people on the ship.  We will go back on this ship in a heartbeat.  Good entertainment. Flow of ship was good even as a sold out ship. We are trying the Encore in December and will compare both ships.

• Like 2

Favorite ship:  Epic.  She has quirks in the cabins no doubt.  However, there is space to stretch out because the venues were designed before cramming tables 2 inches apart.  Epic has the largest spa at sea with an outside area, a huge nightclub Bliss that can host parties and games, probably still the largest gym at sea, fantastic Haven with Posh, and Spice H20 with a REAL pool and tiered seating. I could go on and on.

Favorite Haven:  No doubt about it:  Encore.  I am sure Bliss is just as nice.  3 giant decks of luxury.  Want to lay on the Haven sundeck?  Has 2 hot tubs off the edge of the ship.  Want to relax in a forward lounge, Horizon is incredible.  Giant Haven restaurant and covered pool area too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

For me it is the Gem as it is uncrowded compared to the large mega-ships.  That said, Escape was pretty good for a large ship.

Exactly my Favorites. Love the Gem and Escape for really Large.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Spirit.  Classy and lots of space.  I'm surprised you didn't like Gem.  Most of the Jewel Class get good reviews but they don't have all the options from Epic forward.

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

I did like the Gem, it was my husband who wasn't keen.  Glad to see so many votes for the Epic as that's our next booking in July.  Praying it goes ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cheersforbeers said:

Currently it is the Bliss but could be any of the fleet with the forward observation area and the Boardwalk. Also IMHO lots of things to do. 

I have a feeling my experience is like yours, my only NCL experience has been on the Bliss.  I will say, though, it's a beautiful ship!  The Observation lounge, waterfront, entertainment and staff were all really good.  Of that class of ship she also has the nicest hull art, IMO.

• Like 1

I am going with the Epic and the Escape a close second (however I loved the Breakaway as well)-

However the Epic was the first ship to go totally outside of the box- it reminded me of NY NY in Las Vegas.

It had Howl at the Moon, Fat Cat's Blues Club with a real Hammond B3 organ for me to play at.

Legends In Concert, Spice H20 with the hydraulic swimming pool. TWO regulation bowling alleys.

Plus the 128 studios

• Like 1

DH and I love the sun. A beautiful little ship that had our favorite crew and best service of all of our cruises. Amazing entertainment as well. But for best restaurants, included activities, drinking venues, and also great entertainment, we loved The Escape! Service was less personable, but overall it was an incredible ship. The Jewel class ships have also been lovely, and we're looking forward to getting back to The Gem in the fall. Honestly, our only so so cruise was on The Dawn. Just not impressed with the layout, entertainment, or activities. 

I don't like any of the larger ships. Too crowded during normal times. More insane when everybody is indoors during inclement weather.

Any of the 4 Jewel class ships is a favorite:

*Walk daily around the Promenade deck. Too bad the newer ships have gotten away from this traditional wrap-around deck.

*Great Outdoors. I like sitting out there.

*Complimentary steam room just off the gym

*No reservations for to see shows in the main lounge.

*Better space ratio.

• Like 1

Jewell Class Ships for walk around promenade deck, EVERY morning!( Pearl and Gem  😊, obviously less passengers, more intimate bars.   The Big boys Bliss and Joy for the forward Observation Lounge.  the Haven is beyond great🛳🤩.  Hopefully will get to explore the encore and Epic that seems to be favorites before I expire!