Summit Penthouse 6148

Julma

I just looked at that sailing in a Sky Suite and the Retreat amenities weren't listed in the booking summary.  Does your booking include the Indulge features specifically the $400 pp OBC?

While I know this is considered a repositioning cruise I didn't think they were playing these games anymore.  You shouldn't be concerned as most of the Indulge benefits are actually included with the PH suite anyway.

I wish I could give you some first hand information, but our March trip in that cabin was just canceled (obviously everyone's March trips were canceled, but we were really looking forward to that cabin and the huge balcony).  There are several active people on this board and some other Summit or Penthouse specific groups on other social media sites so you should get some good tips and info.  Can't comment on the OBC issue you're discussing.

I would follow up and get confirmation with regards to what's really included.   I looked at all the FAQ's and I agree it says the only time there are no perks prices is inside 90 days on select sailings.   It is also strange that on AQ you aren't offered the Elevate and Indulge upgrades.   It's not unusual for the web to be wrong but I would confirm the invoice.

3 hours ago, Julma said:

Just booked Summit Penthouse 6148 for a 12 night Boston to Miami...not until 10/2022.  Any info/tips about room I should know?  TIA

Anything specific you would like to know? We sailed in 6147 on Summit prior to the upgrade.

Randy

I have sailed in 6148 prior to the upgrade.  Sadly, our cruises in 6148 for this year were cancelled, so I cannot comment on the current state.  Pretty much everything is included when you're in the PH.  One of the great features of these cabins is a separate butler's entry into the kitchen, so your butler can drop off coffee and croissants or whatever for you in the morning without waking anyone up.  And, of course, that wonderful veranda.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Julma said:

Just booked Summit Penthouse 6148 for a 12 night Boston to Miami...not until 10/2022.  Any info/tips about room I should know?  TIA

The pricing for the suites looks odd. I placed a courtesy hold on 6147 and just checked  the particulars for deposit. Full balance payment shows owing for January 30/21.

Something is off.

Randy

I just did a test booking of a S1 suite and a 24 hr hold so I could see the actual invoice.  There was no "RETREAT" promo code and no OBC listed so I really think the fares don't include the Always Included and Indulge perks.   It was a refundable fare with no choice for NRD.

2 hours ago, Julma said:

Is there a vanity area, with blowdryer and make-up mirror?  Seems to be a questions that was left unanswered.  

Once upon a time there was a lovely vanity area off the master bath.  Kelly Hoppen decided nobody needed that and stuck yet more closets there.  The suite already had more than enough closets.  HUGE mistake.

38 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Once upon a time there was a lovely vanity area off the master bath.  Kelly Hoppen decided nobody needed that and stuck yet more closets there.  The suite already had more than enough closets.  HUGE mistake.

I agree.  A suite of that size should have at least 1, if not 2 areas.  Where do you dry your hair and put make-up on.  Do you have to bring your own hairdryer?

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I just did a test booking of a S1 suite and a 24 hr hold so I could see the actual invoice.  There was no "RETREAT" promo code and no OBC listed so I really think the fares don't include the Always Included and Indulge perks.   It was a refundable fare with no choice for NRD.

I agree and I called.  They assure me I will get the Retreat because I have booked a suite.  I have someone calling me back tomorrow.  Something is going on, I just hope they honor what was advertised.  I'll keep you posted.  

I just got off the phone and they told me the same thing.  I spoke with someone high up in customer service.  She said the revenue department has to fix things.   She also assured me that the Retreat perks are included and the price would be honored and noted it on my reservation.   We will see.

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I just got off the phone and they told me the same thing.  I spoke with someone high up in customer service.  She said the revenue department has to fix things.   She also assured me that the Retreat perks are included and the price would be honored and noted it on my reservation.   We will see.

Got the same thing!  I have lots and lots of screenshots, with "retreat" all over them all the way through my booking.  Best of luck and I'll continue to share any info I get.

54 minutes ago, Julma said:

I agree.  A suite of that size should have at least 1, if not 2 areas.  Where do you dry your hair and put make-up on.  Do you have to bring your own hairdryer?

I was in that suite pre and post renovations.  Post renovations I used the outlet by the desk in the bedroom to blow my hair. The outlet couldn't handle my hair blower and I got a pretty big shock when I turned it on. An electrician came up, used some sort of tester on the outlet, pronounced it fine.  I turned it on again in front of the electrician and was shocked again.  He said they would look into it but they never came back. The butler knew of the problem so hopefully they followed up. This happened several months after the renovation, and I don't believe I was the first to be shocked. Other than that, the suite was great. I used the well-lit bathroom for my very limited makeup.  Many of the cactus things that you see in the photos were gone, but there were still more than necessary.  The star of this suite is the balcony. The new furniture is very heavy and can't be easily moved. We needed 2 more loungers and they were brought in.  The side of the balcony was often the only sunny spot because of the direction of the ship  and it was perfect out there.  It is an extraordinary suite and a great experience: I looked forward for months and have enjoyed my great memories ever since.  Enjoy. 

Edited by JFontaine
  • Like 1

I booked this cruise earlier today before I saw this thread.  We are on the previous New England/Canada cruise in a 2B room.  For this repositioning cruise we booked a S1 for over $500 less than the Canada/New England cruise.  My invoice includes credits for the suite perks of premium beverage package, unlimited internet and tips.  In addition we were given $400 OBC per person, $100 for the B2B and another $65 OBC for what I do not know.  Nice!

• Like 1

This will sound crazy but I also asked for a couple of regular chairs for the outside dining table. We spent a lot of time outside and for a few reasons those boxes didn't work for me. I made these two requests prior to boarding, and I think they were both there when we boarded, so maybe they were permanent changes.  It was funny how some requests were easily handled while others (please make up the suite in the morning, and not last) never happened.  But after 30 years of cruising with Celebrity, the last 15 in suites, that's been my experience.  Would I love that to be my complaint now! 

13 minutes ago, woldridge said:

I booked this cruise earlier today before I saw this thread.  We are on the previous New England/Canada cruise in a 2B room.  For this repositioning cruise we booked a S1 for over $500 less than the Canada/New England cruise.  My invoice includes credits for the suite perks of premium beverage package, unlimited internet and tips.  In addition we were given $400 OBC per person, $100 for the B2B and another $65 OBC for what I do not know.  Nice!

Welcome Aboard

We just set up a Connections Call thread for this itinerary.

Perhaps those of us who have booked the Oct 15/22 Boston to Miami Summit sailing can carry on our conversation over there.

See you all soon.

Randy and Connie