Name of new Azamara ship?

paf225

I believe he and one of the Chief Engineers have been in Italy for a few weeks doing various due diligence checks on the state of the vessel.  The two deals may be simultaneous I suppose.

• Like 1

Just now, excitedofharpenden said:

I saw that photo on Facebook too. Trouble is with masks on I don't recognise anyone!  Except Hans, Chief Engineer, but only because he's taller than everyone else!

Phil 

It’s amazing how many they’ve managed to get there safely given it was so few just a couple of weeks ago.  I see Elisabeth is there as well. Glad she’s involved in the work, she has a great eye for detail. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

I see the new ship has gone out for a little drive today, scheduled to be back in Civitavechia later today, but you never know if that’s right.

CA1DFAC8-67AA-4450-8B15-CD509B89BBCD.thumb.jpeg.279351aeafa8cab9545a5c1231a64e33.jpeg

Maybe a final test drive before turnover?

9 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Maybe a final test drive before turnover?

I hope all onboard are able to keep safe given the third wave of virus shutting down Italy tonight.  Those on board will be staying there a while I suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I hope all onboard are able to keep safe given the third wave of virus shutting down Italy tonight.  Those on board will be staying there a while I suspect.

Thankfully it appears that they got a crew together prior to any lockdown.  Now wonder when they will confirm that the transfer has taken place and were the retrofit will occur. 

15 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Thankfully it appears that they got a crew together prior to any lockdown.  Now wonder when they will confirm that the transfer has taken place and were the retrofit will occur. 

Cadiz for all of them I believe. The shipyards are going to be very busy!

Phil 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 4:39 AM, Bloodaxe said:

Has anything been said about where or when the refit of the ship will be taking place.

It won't be sailing until summer of 2022.  So looking forward to seeing the itineraries!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Appears to be Onward is the new name. 

That wasn’t my choice, but the video is very good. However, I keep singing Onward Christian soldiers in my head, marching as to war, is not a good connotation so I need to think of something else to focus on!
Four Azamara ships to choose from is, however very, very good!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lindy028 said:

That wasn’t my choice, but the video is very good. However, I keep singing Onward Christian soldiers in my head, marching as to war, is not a good connotation so I need to think of something else to focus on!
Four Azamara ships to choose from is, however very, very good!

That is exactly what my DH said when I told him - School assembly hymn nightmares 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1