Free Water and drinks

ScratchTheRat

Hello all!

thinking of booking our first MSC cruise to the Fjords as our Carnival one in June got cancelled.

I do not and can not drink alcohol or soda and only drink water and coffee.

ive read confliciting things about the availability of water and coffee on ship

from what I can gather,: 

1) only bottled water can be had in the main dining room, and some including myself being British, do not have to pay for this,

2) is water free 24/7 on the lido?
3) what about coffee?
4) where can I get just a free drink of water anytime of day?

thanks

2 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Hello all!

thinking of booking our first MSC cruise to the Fjords as our Carnival one in June got cancelled.

I do not and can not drink alcohol or soda and only drink water and coffee.

ive read confliciting things about the availability of water and coffee on ship

from what I can gather,: 

1) only bottled water can be had in the main dining room, and some including myself being British, do not have to pay for this,

2) is water free 24/7 on the lido?
3) what about coffee?
4) where can I get just a free drink of water anytime of day?

thanks

Oh and also 5) if I’m sailing as a family of 3, the fixed time dinner, do we have to sit with strangers or do we get our own table to ourselves every night?

I've had a few MSC European bookings but all were cancelled, I'll give this a shot anyway.  Even on the most basic rates US and UK bookings now include bottled water and hot drinks - meaning tea and coffee in the dining rooms.  On MSC European sailings you will not easily get a glass of tap water and that complaint is why MSC now offers this inclusion.  I believe the coffee inclusion is only basic Cafe Americano style, I'm not sure about things like espresso and Cappuccino.  Tap water is available 24/7 at the buffet and I doubt they will give you bottles there, terms state pretty clearly the package is only good in the dining rooms.

You will likely be seated at a larger table with others that speak your language.  You can speak to the maître d' on the embarkation afternoon and ask to be seated at a private table but whether it's granted may depend on which experience level you booked and how set you are on a specific dining time.  Depending on how full the ship is, for Bella it can be difficult to get a change it can be easier for Fantastica and guaranteed for Aurea and Yacht Club.  You stand a better chance of the maître d' understanding and granting the request if your child is younger.