Royal Changes FCC Rules

helen haywood

They haven't yet, or at least as of yesterday. I have 2 October 2021 cruises booked, mostly paid for with FCC from 2 cancelled cruises. The October cruises are now cancelled. Yesterday I had the discussion with my Celebrity Vacation Planner about whether to get a refund or 125% FCC on the dollars I had spent. My old FCC will be reissued, but any new FCC would be in separate certificates and no, I would not be able to use more than one FCC per voyage.

Stan

In addition to being able to "stack" FCCs, you can share them among passengers on the same booking.  They also extended their Double Points promotion. 

Three good things by Royal this week -- probably just before they cancel more sailings. 

mac_tlc

4 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

They haven't yet, or at least as of yesterday. I have 2 October 2021 cruises booked, mostly paid for with FCC from 2 cancelled cruises. The October cruises are now cancelled. Yesterday I had the discussion with my Celebrity Vacation Planner about whether to get a refund or 125% FCC on the dollars I had spent. My old FCC will be reissued, but any new FCC would be in separate certificates and no, I would not be able to use more than one FCC per voyage.

Stan

Celebrity's FAQ as of today reads:

Q. #22: May I transfer my FCC to another guest?

A: Yes, we will allow a one-time transfer of an FCC from any sailing Celebrity Cruises cancelled due to global suspension of sailing. The deadline to request a transfer is April 30, 2021. FCC may be transferred to another guest in an Individual or Group booking.

Q. #33: Can my client use more than one Future Cruise Credit to pay for his/her cruise fare? Is there a limit?

A: Yes, should your client be in receipt of more than one FCC, a recent enhancement now allows multiple vouchers to be applied to the same guest. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Celebrity's FAQ as of today reads:

Q. #33: Can my client use more than one Future Cruise Credit to pay for his/her cruise fare? Is there a limit?

A: Yes, should your client be in receipt of more than one FCC, a recent enhancement now allows multiple vouchers to be applied to the same guest. 

Thanks for that update. Good to know.

This was updated as of today.

Q. #16: Can you use your Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on an existing booking? A: Yes. These FCCs can be applied to satisfy any remaining balance due for the cruise fare on an existing booking. However, FCCs cannot be used to obtain a refund. A recent enhancement now allows multiple FCCs to be applied per guest within the same reservation. All Global Suspension and Cruise with Confidence FCCs are valid for use by 4/30/22 on sailings departing on or before 9/30/22.

31 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

These look like TA FAQ's can you provide a link.    The main site FAQ's still say 1 per person per sailing.

It is on the TA site. It looks like there have been several adjustments. Cruise with Confidence is replaced with Best Price Guarantee (which has always been available, no??) after 1/31/2021. We opted for refunds for our canceled cruises. I have no idea how they are keeping any of this straight between CWC, Lift and Shift, Best Price Guarantee, various FCC terms, different cutoff dates..... what a mess.

I don't understand CWC to be going away, at least not for existing bookings.  As far as I can see on the Celebrity website CWC continues in effect for sailings booked by January 31, 2021 and with departure dates through May 4, 2022.

1 hour ago, danv3 said:

I don't understand CWC to be going away, at least not for existing bookings.  As far as I can see on the Celebrity website CWC continues in effect for sailings booked by January 31, 2021 and with departure dates through May 4, 2022.

Correct. This is for bookings after Jan 31, 2021 will no longer having the CWC option. Lift and Shift ends on Jan 31, 2021. Any FCC issued as part of Cruise With Confidence must be redeemed by 4/30/22 on sailings through September 30, 2022. It says more info will be available on Feb 1. The chart I attached is probably the most clear explanation. 

In the past week or so the Cruisecare program was also adjusted to cover Cancel For Any Reason at 90% FCC instead of the former 75% coverage and also increases to coverage for sickness, accidents, trip interruption and emergency evacuation. 

CWC Quick Facts .pdf

• Like 1

I’ve had my travel agent apply a second FCC to a 2022 booking today.

The added bonus was that as the FCC was issued in £GBP the conversion rate has improved since it was initially used against an April ‘20 cruise that was cancelled. It meant an extra $41 USD for me when it was applied. Every bit helps.