Solstice now in Drydock.

ipeeinthepool

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Does anybody know if Eclipse got the Blue paint job?

Not sure what the exact dates were for dry dock, but the only pictures I could locate were from onboard Eclipse Jan 12th in Manila and the cabin was definitely not updated so I would assume very little cosmetic work was done.

But Solstice will definitely need some attention to the bow to fix whatever happened there. 

EDIT -- Has Eclipse even been to dry dock yet? Another post dated Dec 29 shows Eclipse in Manila. It seems like a rather short period of time for them to travel Manila>Singapore>Manila and complete any work within 2 weeks at most. Another posted on Jan 12 says "Eclipse still in Manila". Also cannot locate any photos of Eclipse in Singapore in that timeframe. 

Edited by paulh84

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

Not sure what the exact dates were for dry dock, but the only pictures I could locate were from onboard Eclipse Jan 12th in Manila and the cabin was definitely not updated so I would assume very little cosmetic work was done.

But Solstice will definitely need some attention to the bow to fix whatever happened there. 

EDIT -- Has Eclipse even been to dry dock yet? Another post dated Dec 29 shows Eclipse in Manila. It seems like a rather short period of time for them to travel Manila>Singapore>Manila and complete any work within 2 weeks at most. Another posted on Jan 12 says "Eclipse still in Manila". Also cannot locate any photos of Eclipse in Singapore in that timeframe. 

After the transpacific journey, Eclipse has been in Manila over the past few weeks. She has not yet been to Singapore yet.

• Like 1

My apologies I guess I saw one of the early posts which said she was sailing from the west coast for dry dock and that stuck.

The scrape on Solstice could well have been done in the dry dock process.  It would be hard to do that while floating around.

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

My apologies I guess I saw one of the early posts which said she was sailing from the west coast for dry dock and that stuck.

The scrape on Solstice could well have been done in the dry dock process.  It would be hard to do that while floating around.

That's a still taken from a video posted on Instagram that shows the ship being pulled in to dock with the damage already there. No mentions of what may have happened. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKjkT1DAb1X/?igshid=l8h42mxwgm1f

19 hours ago, RickT said:

Based on the colour of the “dent” I wonder if another X ship that has been Revolutionized has a matching White dent somewhere?

That would be embarrassing.   But you're correct it looks like a good color match.  Has anyone seen the Millennium lately?

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

From Singapore Cruise Society Facebook page, nice to see an unadulterated deck 16!

Solstice.jpg

I hope we get to see this picture in a few days so we can determine if they are doing any of the Revolution.  At this point, it doesn't seem likely.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:53 AM, BigAl94 said:

From Singapore Cruise Society Facebook page, nice to see an unadulterated deck 16!

Solstice.jpg

Nice photo.  We have been on Solstice twice including last year.  Hope to be on her for this upcoming winter solstice, too.  We will see.

24 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's a big piece of steel replaced just over the water line.  Wonder if they had to cut an opening to replace some piece of equipment or if it is just a repair?

That's a great view of the stabilizer.

That appears to be the ships tender platform. 

CDDB0EAD-0C52-42DD-BE7D-B8841AB21E1E.jpeg