Help with RCI site - Perks/Options

Tedferg

Have never sailed RCI but doing a test booking I saw no option to add an option like Drinks package. Also is there an option to add a Celebrity member number ? I think RCI reciprocates Celebrity awards, right ?

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Have never sailed RCI but doing a test booking I saw no option to add an option like Drinks package. Also is there an option to add a Celebrity member number ? I think RCI reciprocates Celebrity awards, right ?

Once you book your cruise you can purchase everything including drink packages through the cruise planner.   Call to get reciprocal status on your Celebrity rewards.  You will get a new C&A number. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Just now, Tedferg said:

Celebrity is all inclusive, rcl is not. The drink packages can only be added after you book, but go on sale quite often, though black friday was the best. 

You would have to call to get a reciprocal level on rcl due to you celebrity loyalty level. 

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks, are the options prices shown on the website ? I am trying to do a cost comparison with Celebrity and Princess.

No, the prices for things is Cruise Planner are on a dynamic pricing model.  For example in October 2019, we got a cabana in the Coco Cay water park for $399 for other cruises since then I've seen it priced over $1,000.   

12 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks, are the options prices shown on the website ? I am trying to do a cost comparison with Celebrity and Princess.

Anything $40 pp and up is good for drink package, I'm assuming you mean mixed drinks. There are maybe 3 others like refreshment, which is mock cocktails and soda, coffee pkg, water or soda pkg. 

Last time I looked was 43 pp per day for my now cancelled april, 46 for my dec. It varys by ship and date.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

What ship are you looking at.  Prices for the newer ships Oasis and Quantum class tend to be more expensive than other ships. 

13 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I will have to check back, I  looked at two itineraries and forget what ships.

For the drink packages a decent price for Oasis / Quantum class is around $50 - $55 pppd plus 18% gratuity.  Other class of shops you may find around $40 - $45 pppd plus 18% gratuity. 

Must say I find it strange not to be able to price out perks during a test booking, on Princess it is clear, basic Saver fare or for $40 pppd Drinks / WiFi / Gratuities. Similarly Celebrity said All Inclusive for these items. How much are RCI Gratuities ? Or do they vary by ship ?

37 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I would recommend getting C&A number with reciprocal status to do test booking. It will more than likely knock a couple hundred off the price for those cruises. You can add gratitudes at time of booking too.

As others have stated, Royal sells drink and WiFi post booking as part of the pre-cruise planner. If you call their number, you may be able to find out ahead of time. Also the prices change every week. If you ever find a lower price on drink package, etc, you can cancel and rebook at lower price. For our transatlantic, price goes back and forth between $56 pp and $40 pp.

Thanks for the info. It is really early days for us and just wanted to compare all cruise lines. 

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks for the info. It is really early days for us and just wanted to compare all cruise lines. 

In order to get any sort of discount  as mentioned by another poster you would need to be at least Select on Celebrity and book a balcony or above on Royal.

The amount of discount is dependant on the level that your Celebrity status converts to as well as the length of sailing.

Also, one thing to remember if you book RCI- if you book something like a drink package or excursion, and it goes down in price, you can cancel/rebook the item at a lower price (up until like a week before the cruise- someone here will know the exact amount of time).  Sometimes the prices change almost daily, so I normally recheck the prices each day.