Is Anyone Actually Booking a Cunard Cruise ?

Winchester Ranger

We have a cruise booked on QV in November that we booked in 2019 which I seriously hope goes ahead in one form or another. We have a serious amount of OBC and also a large amount given to us by Cunard as compensation for their actions last year.

I have a booking for March, 2022 - 8 nights on QM2 from Sydney to Perth (Australia). I don't think we'll see any ships coming here from UK, Europe or the US before early 2022, and even that might be severely optimistic. It's nice to have something to look forward to though.

Interesting that there's no (Southern hemisphere) summer season listed for any Cunard vessel for Australia and New Zealand for our 2022/2023 season. Nothing after March, 2022 at all for us. Perhaps Cunard is ditching us altogether!

• Haha 1

We're not booking,  we've booked and  for both '21 and '22.

If the cruises go ahead, we're ahead of the game. If they don't, we'll defer safe in the knowledge our monies are protected one way or another. As one poster said, got to have something to look forward too.

Yes who knows whats going to change and when but optimistically we have booked:

December 2021 QM2 - Amsterdam

June 2022 QE - Alaska (rearranged from June 2020 and lost over $1,500 each on board credit 🤬)

August 2022 QV - Scotland

October 2022  QV - Spain

3 hours ago, newjoisey said:

i am close to unbooking our 2021 dec cruise

I am waiting until final payment date in August, which they could possibly extend another month or so.  If masks are still required, then a definite cancellation, as I am unable to breathe with one on.  

I believe you are on board somewhat regularly at Christmas.  This past December was my first missed Christmas since I started in 2009.  I missed it terribly, and sad that I may miss it again.  

Regards,

Jeanne

• Thanks 1

hi we moved all our cancelled cruises in 2020. To  2021our first

QM round trip transatlantic April now cancelled 

QM round trip transatlantic June probably will be cancelled 

QE med cruise July fingers crossed may sail

QE Northern Europe  July fingers crossed may sail

QV med cruise Dec hopefully will sail 

QV Canary Islands hopefully will sail

really missing our cruises hopefully everyone will be vaccinated and things will get back to some kind of normality 

Aug. 22, 2012 QM2...3 weeks( one over, one to Norway, one back to NY) Only deposit. Hoping this might actually happen, but am resigned to the fact that there's an excellent chance it won't go. Figure if we throw enough "stuff" at the wall, eventually something will stick.

I'd like to book but am concerned that what I book will not be what is delivered. There are too many what ifs. Will have to to book by the end of the year or lose my FCCs supposedly. I'd like to see Cunard actually run a few successful cruises before I tie up FCCs, deposits, etc.

9 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I have a booking for March, 2022 - 8 nights on QM2 from Sydney to Perth (Australia). 

Wow I knew the QM2 was fast but that's very fast ! Has she installed a  Star Trek transporter ?

9 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Interesting that there's no (Southern hemisphere) summer season listed for any Cunard vessel for Australia and New Zealand for our 2022/2023 season. Nothing after March, 2022 at all for us. Perhaps Cunard is ditching us altogether!

Pre Covid QE was due  to leave Australia in March and head north to Japan season - before heading over to Alaska - so March has always been the end of the season for them down under 

2 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

Booked for July TA Hamburg to NYC.  We will both be vaccinated.  Not sure it will actually happen, but fingers crossed! Final payment not due until March so we'll see.

We're booked on this crossing and on a return crossing from Southampton in August. Like you, we'll soon be vaccinated, but we too have our fingers are crossed, not to mention our toes. 

7 minutes ago, Thaxted said:
7 minutes ago, Thaxted said:

We're booked on this crossing and on a return crossing from Southampton in August. Like you, we'll soon be vaccinated, but we too have our fingers are crossed, not to mention our toes. 

Oops, I misread your post, Gretchendz. We'll be sailing to Hamburg, that is if we sail at all. But whatever the direction, our fingers and toes are crossed all the same! 

Edited by Thaxted
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lissie said:

Pre Covid QE was due  to leave Australia in March and head north to Japan season - before heading over to Alaska - so March has always been the end of the season for them down under 

Yes, March is the end of the season in the Antipodes but begins again in November at latest. I see QV and QM2 have listings for cruises and voyages all through 2022, and into January, 2023 in the case of QM2. I thought it odd that QE has nothing against her name from early October. It seems the new ship is not to be expected now until December, 2023 so that rules that out as a possible confounding factor.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Yes, March is the end of the season in the Antipodes but begins again in November at latest. I see QV and QM2 have listings for cruises and voyages all through 2022, and into January, 2023 in the case of QM2. I thought it odd that QE has nothing against her name from early October. It seems the new ship is not to be expected now until December, 2023 so that rules that out as a possible confounding factor.

I see  what you mean. The weird thing was that because we arrive in Europe  end Aug 22 - I did check what options there were back down under in sept/oct - and I'm sure the QE was advertising a relocation via the Suez to Australia. Its not there now thoug

20 hours ago, NJCruiserBoy said:

August 1 2021 QM2 TA.  Keeping my fingers crossed but who knows if the UK will let anyone in.

Or anyone out for that matter? And if that rule is in effect when final payment date then surely the TA must automatically cancel/offer fcc for you to slide onto another booking? Not offer to extend the payment dates?

Late last year we made two bookings: Quebec - NYC on the QM2  for October 2021 and Vancouver - Alaska on the QE for June 2022. We have two future cruise deposits and these were accepted as full payment for both deposits, so it has cost us nothing. These bookings are risk-free, of course, until final payment is due.

The October voyage is the one that concerns us. Although it is a seven-night voyage it is part of a four-segment voyage originating and ending in Southampton. So the rules of three countries are important. Because Cunard insists on final payment four months in advance we will have to assess the situation in June. 

The odds are more in our favour for the 2022 voyage.

• Like 1