Oceans Membership

LandC

We’ve been on several Fred. Olsen cruises, but not for a few years.  We plan to book again when the pandemic is over.

It would be helpful if Fred could temporarily increase the maximum period  between cruises from 5 years to 6, so that we could retain our Oceans privileges.  Is anyone else in the same situation?

1 hour ago, LandC said:

We’ve been on several Fred. Olsen cruises, but not for a few years.  We plan to book again when the pandemic is over.

It would be helpful if Fred could temporarily increase the maximum period  between cruises from 5 years to 6, so that we could retain our Oceans privileges.  Is anyone else in the same situation?

Have you spoken to them about it, especially if your loyalty status was different when covid restrictions started. Always worth asking, 

It does not affect us and I also do not know what Fred's policy is on this matter.  I have seen mention of those benefits being frozen and preserved on another cruise line though, possibly p&o, but not sure which line it was.

Fred's prices are very high at present though, even with the extra  5% discount.

I sent an email to The Oceans dept last week,  and have received an automated acknowledgement.  They haven’t dismissed my request out of turn, so perhaps they’re thinking about it.

We sail with more than one cruise line, as well as taking land based holidays.  The issue for us is that we have had several cruises and holidays cancelled due to coronavirus, and have moved them forward.  There may be more cancelled this year, so we don’t want to book any more cruises at present.  It’s a nice problem to have I suppose!   

I agree with you about Fred’s prices though.  We’d like to sail on one of the new ships, but will wait and see what happens.

5 hours ago, LandC said:

I sent an email to The Oceans dept last week,  and have received an automated acknowledgement.  They haven’t dismissed my request out of turn, so perhaps they’re thinking about it.

We sail with more than one cruise line, as well as taking land based holidays.  The issue for us is that we have had several cruises and holidays cancelled due to coronavirus, and have moved them forward.  There may be more cancelled this year, so we don’t want to book any more cruises at present.  It’s a nice problem to have I suppose!   

I agree with you about Fred’s prices though.  We’d like to sail on one of the new ships, but will wait and see what happens.

Fred has been pretty good at replying to emails promptly of late, so the fact they have not answered yet may indicate they are considering your request, even if it is not a universal policy.  Then again perhaps not, but I do wonder how well he will fill his ships as time goes on, especially once the early sailings with reduced passenger numbers have sailed and they can increase those numbers.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the future with all holidays in fact.  A number of people have deferred holidays, like yourself, at present and there are others who vow they will not go anywhere abroad for some time to come.

We have a couple of rescheduled holidays in the pipeline and have also booked a Princess cruise from Southampton for next October which was very well priced so have booked that recently as  there comes a time when you just have to have something to look forward to 🙂  The Princess ship is way different to our normal cruise ships, but we have a good, well placed balcony with a comprehensive drinks, wifi and tips package, and is coming out a fair bit cheaper (pppn) than our inside on Borealis for July with no extras.  It has got to at least be given a try at the price, despite Fred's local departure.  We like Fred and we would be happy to pay more than other cruise lines, but the differences are getting a bit silly.  Fred's offers normally come out nearer to sailing date though, so as I said will be interesting to see what happens.

Good luck with any future bookings,

Barbara

Edited by tring