January 2023 World Cruise

Syracusefan44

Princess announced today that the January 2023 world cruise on the Island Princess will go on sale on February 10, 2021.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes before the world cruise “segments” are on sale on the Princess website?

https://twitter.com/princessukmedia/status/1354840586226958346?s=21

1 hour ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Princess announced today that the January 2023 world cruise on the Island Princess will go on sale on February 10, 2021.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes before the world cruise “segments” are on sale on the Princess website?

I booked segments of the 2022 WC on the Coral Princess. The segments were available the same day that the whole itinerary became available for sale.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

We may have an interest on the segment to Sydney assuming that’s a segment.

1 hour ago, frugaltravel said:

Glad I am not interested in this cruise. Been on the revamped Island Princess and never again.

We were interested in this cruise and were hoping that they would use the Coral for this World Cruise.  The Island is now our least favorite ship remaining in the Princess Fleet and we will avoid it!.

• Like 2

Wow 111 days on an overcrowded ship with limited entertainment venues and a gym in a dungeon.  I think they would have to pay me to go.  We were on the Island before the butchering and it was wonderful.  Then we tried it after and we said never again.  We have about 360 days with Princess but we are down to the Sapphire, Diamond, Grand and Coral as the only Princess ships we still want to sail on.  They keep selling/transferring the ships we like.

Edited by mreasier
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We were interested in this cruise and were hoping that they would use the Coral for this World Cruise.  The Island is now our least favorite ship remaining in the Princess Fleet and we will avoid it!.

From late 2021, the Coral Princess will be based in Australia and will be used for the 2022 world cruise from Sydney. Indications are that the ship will continue to be based in Aust.

• Like 1

The choice of ship for this World Cruise could come back to bite Princess, if these comments on the Island Princess are anything to go by.

Thought that Princess should be trying a bit harder to entice us to book by offering a ship with much better facilities, it is a long time to be on a ship will poor amenities.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This isn't the first time ISLAND has been used for WC duty.  However, it is true that 2020 was shortened and 2021 cancelled.  The ISLAND is a good ship for extended "grand" voyages and we did not have an issue with it. 

Even though the Island has been used for WC's in the recent past, in our humble opinion, the Island should only be used for very short itineraries.  And should be the next ship on Princess' chopping block...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Even though the Island has been used for WC's in the recent past, in our humble opinion, the Island should only be used for very short itineraries.  And should be the next ship on Princess' chopping block...

I guess I could have added that if I was to pick an itinerary and ship in the fleet, the ISLAND would be well down my list, but when we spent 60 nights on her, it really was not as bad as many say.  But, it all personal opinion and experience - and I respect that.  Our voyage was a trip around South America, and it was more about the experience than the ship.

• Like 3

interested in world cruise but not on the Island. would have been better if they kept the Pacific and sold the Island.

Unfortunately Princess seems to be using the Island for more unique itineraries. Maybe they think by doing so people will actually cruise on that example of butchery.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Looking forward to booking this one.  Is it my favorite ship? No.  My favorite was the Old Sky princess, but I've been on Island a few times and it's perfectly fine.  If you don't like it, don't book it.  Pretty simple.  

From the posts here it sounds like quite a few won't book it. And if enough don't book it, I am sure Princess will take notice. At least I hope they do ☺

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

From the posts here it sounds like quite a few won't book it. And if enough don't book it, I am sure Princess will take notice. At least I hope they do ☺

They have taken notice. It is why the Coral is doing routine cruises, and the Island is doing the more 1 off, special routes so if someone wants that itinerary they have no choice but to book the Island.

The Island with one less major public space, more cabins added where it used to be, and the gym moved to e same area in a totally inside space with no view.

So many Aussies said that the Sea Princess "wasn't suitable for a world cruise" because it was too small. We did half-world cruises a few times on the Sea and had no complaints.

I suspect that if the people who said they wouldn't be happy doing a WC on the Island, did a WC on tha ship several yours ago (before the bigger ships) they would have thought it was great.

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

So many Aussies said that the Sea Princess "wasn't suitable for a world cruise" because it was too small. We did half-world cruises a few times on the Sea and had no complaints.

I suspect that if the people who said they wouldn't be happy doing a WC on the Island, did a WC on tha ship several yours ago (before the bigger ships) they would have thought it was great.

Spent the equivalent time as a world cruise on the Pacific Princess, an even smaller ship and it was fine.

Did one cruise on the Island and never again, no matter how attractive the route.

8 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

After Pacific, Sun and Sea were sold, and Coral is deployed to Australia, Island becomes the remaining ship suitable for world cruise (unless Princess chooses a Grand Class vessel for world cruise but it is unlikely...)

But you notice they sent Coral to do the routine cruises out of Australia, and used the Island for the World Cruise where it is the one and only option.

56 minutes ago, nocl said:

But you notice they sent Coral to do the routine cruises out of Australia, and used the Island for the World Cruise where it is the one and only option.

As well as routine cruises, the Coral is doing world cruises out of Australia. I am booked on the 2022 WC and hoping that the world situation allows the cruise to eventuate.

• Like 1