Mr. Sanchos ... a few questions

Suna

I am really wanting to book a day here while our ship is in port. There will be 8-12 of us. Our ship is in port from 8:00am until 4:00pm. My first question is - is this enough time? What would be a good/safe time to leave / grab a taxi back to port - I am think 2:00pm?

will we be able to get one taxi/van or will we have to take two? Any hints / steps to follow to make this easy?

If your cruise allows independent tours you have plenty of time for a day at Sanchos.

Current taxi fares will be posted on a board near the cab line.  Fare used to be about $15-17 each way for 4 in a cab - there are van taxis available that can accommodate 8+. The ride takes about 15 minutes each way. I would leave about 3:00 to ensure that you are on the ship in time.

Sanchos offers both AI and pay as you go, but they keep the group's separated, so hopefully all of most of your group will choose the same option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Love Mr Sanchos you will have a great time. We left at 2:30pm and was back on the ship at 3:15pm. I picked up a couple things at the port as we walked back to the ship. I purchased the romance package so we had a very comfortable place for the day. We had delicious food and drinks flowing all day. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2021 at 8:56 AM, Saturngrl said:

Just remember to stay on Ship Time, not Cozumel time!   I've seen too many pier runners in Cozumel who kept time by their cell phones, not watches.  

Great tip - thank you. 

1 hour ago, MississippiMom said:

Last time I looked at the Mr Sanchos website, AI was the only option available.

As with Paradise it is possible that they will initially only allow AI but their website still shows PAYG menu

https://www.mrsanchos.com/mr-sanchos-cozumel-menus

Sanchos has been reopened for some time and has developed its overnight and evening dining facilities.

I have always had good response from emailing them direct and suggest you ask about current situation if interested. 

Edited by c-leg5

On 10/17/2019 at 8:54 PM, lifes-a-beach said:

We booked Rose Hall through Resort for a Day.  Very nice property and decent food.  

It’s been many years, but we, thoroughly, enjoyed our day passes at Hilton Rose Hall.  Also booked through Resort for a Day.  That is my “go to” site, when I don’t want to go directly through the cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, 300dtc said:

Do the taxis in Cozumel take credit cards? I thought i remembered that some do, you just have to ask which one,...

Cash only as far as my experience.  Prices are posted on a board near the cab line for your pier - but it never hurts to confirm the fare with the driver BEFORE you get into the taxi.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...