No Cruising until July?

3 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Yeah, kids ruin everything. 🙄

I have friends that always seemed to be annoyed when other peoples (strangers) kids are around.  Then I reminded them that their own kids acted exactly the same way & they were fine with it. Then my friends get annoyed with me. LOL.

It's amazing I still have friends. 

We were all kids once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I have friends that always seemed to be annoyed when other peoples (strangers) kids are around.  Then I reminded them that their own kids acted exactly the same way & they were fine with it. Then my friends get annoyed with me. LOL.

We were all kids once.

Exactly why I'm less tolerable of other peoples kids. 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

We were all kids once.

That's what I keep telling my wife when she complains.  I also remind her that our 25 and 28 yr old boys are more annoying and a lot more work now than when we were raising them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lizzius said:

Yeah, kids ruin everything. 🙄

Well mannered children are fine.  Unruly rug rats are not.  And unfortunately too often many parents decide to take a vacation from parenting while cruising and they let their little darlings run amok.  Many forget it's a 24/7 365 job for 18 years.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Well mannered children are fine.  Unruly rug rats are not.  And unfortunately too often many parents decide to take a vacation from parenting while cruising and they let their little darlings run amok.  Many forget it's a 24/7 365 job for 18 years.

This strikes me as just another generational complaint about the world being a bit different than it was when you were growing up. As thankful as I am for my parents, I think my generation will carry on the time-honored tradition of trying to do better for our children... Even if that annoys some.

15 minutes ago, lizzius said:

This strikes me as just another generational complaint about the world being a bit different than it was when you were growing up. As thankful as I am for my parents, I think my generation will carry on the time-honored tradition of trying to do better for our children... Even if that annoys some.

I was just making a generalized observation that I have seen numerous times on many different cruise lines over the past 35 years.

35 years cuts across multiple generations and I'll believe your statement about your generation trying to do better for your children the next cruise that I see a mother polishing off another foo foo drink while her kids run wild. Trying is one thing, doing is another.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I was just making a generalized observation that I have seen numerous times on many different cruise lines over the past 35 years.

35 years cuts across multiple generations and I'll believe your statement about your generation trying to do better for your children the next cruise that I see a mother polishing off another foo foo drink while her kids run wild. Trying is one thing, doing is another.

Cute. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:40 AM, mek said:

As is most 24/7 news.  I'm tired of all of them.  I wish we could just get back to having the news reported - what is happening in the world and let me draw my own conclusions.

Not going to happen - its state run media.