No Cruising until July?

4 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Still haven't seen a hospital collapse yet.

My kid lives in LA. I know you have made fun of it but the emergency was VERY real.  Running out of oxygen for the vents, patients in the gift shops.

My local hospitals in one of the states doing relatively well in covid numbers have their ICUs full.  People are having to stay in the ER for other emergencies (personal experience) because there are no ICU rooms.

No matter how much you want to deny the existence of serious disease, it is real, it is here, it is a global pandemic.  Try following the science and not the conspiracy theorists.

So glad that you never have to learn anything new, that you are all knowing from day one on any topic.  Pssst...this is a NOVEL virus. Never seen before. It is not a flu nor a cold.  As scientists learn more about the virus, knowledge and recommendations will change. That is a given.  I for one are so glad today's scientists are willing to update recommendations as they gain new knowledge. We would all be in big trouble if they stuck to early knowledge, not wanting to admit they may have been wrong in the beginning.

Edited by cured
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

They are equal in some eyes.

There are many similarities among all of the US based main stream cruise lines.  But at the same time, Beerman 2 was right in correcting you regarding your mistake.  Another mistake is you mentioned RCL, which is the parent corporation that owns RCI and Celebrity and recently sold off Azamara.  You're not alone with this assumption regarding RCL and RCI.

52 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

OK Lenny, but will you still be on God's green Earth in 2 1/2 years?  Unless my inference is off, you should be about 90 since I remember in another thread that your father was born in 1895.

My father was born in 1895 but I am not even close to 90.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father was born in 1895 but I am not even close to 90.

I assumed my math would be off if your dad had you at 35...but if your dad had you at 50, that would put you at 75.  Not too many fathers had kids in their late 40's or so during WWII.

18 hours ago, Coralc said:

So...my husband and I were discussing your post and the surprising fact that Canada only has 37 M people and it is nearly the same size as the US. :classic_biggrin: We did not know that. We came to the conclusion that Canada needs more people! :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Oh my goodness, Canada is WAY bigger than the US (size, not population). Here's some weird things for ya:

The state of California has a bigger population than Canada. However, geographically speaking, the states of Washington, Oregon and California could all 'fit' into the province of British Columbia, and there would still be land left over.

Canada will not 'begin' vaccinating the general public in September, by the end of September anyone who wants one should have already been vaccinated. My husband and I are far down on the list (in our province) and we are still looking at July and August for first dose/second dose (hoping for the J&J so we only get one shot, so July). We are in the 40-45 age group.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bcwife76 said:

Oh my goodness, Canada is WAY bigger than the US (size, not population). Here's some weird things for ya:

The state of California has a bigger population than Canada. However, geographically speaking, the states of Washington, Oregon and California could all 'fit' into the province of British Columbia, and there would still be land left over.

Well...maybe a little bigger...but "WAY" bigger?  😉  Where are you getting your facts from?  

Canada is approximately 9,984,670 sq km, while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km, making United States 98.49% the size of Canada. Meanwhile, the population of Canada is ~37.7 million people (294.9 million more people live in United States).

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I assumed my math would be off if your dad had you at 35...but if your dad had you at 50, that would put you at 75.  Not too many fathers had kids in their late 40's or so during WWII.

I will give you a NJ point of reference response.I was born in the same decade as Bruce Springsteen.😀

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Well...maybe a little bigger...but "WAY" bigger?  😉  Where are you getting your facts from?  

Canada is approximately 9,984,670 sq km, while United States is approximately 9,833,517 sq km, making United States 98.49% the size of Canada. Meanwhile, the population of Canada is ~37.7 million people (294.9 million more people live in United States).

Haha wow, I thought it was more than that? Hmmmm...I need to go back to school 😉 LOL We definitely need more people up here though, lots of room to spread out!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bcwife76 said:

Haha wow, I thought it was more than that? Hmmmm...I need to go back to school 😉 LOL We definitely need more people up here though, lots of room to spread out!

You probably forgot to include Alaska.  If it was just a comparison with the "lower 48", your assumption would be correct.  

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am worried that my feb 6, 2022 cruise is a no go.  But I try to remain positive, and enjoy my planning (planning is half the fun!)

If your Feb 2022 doesn't sail....then it's worse than we thought it could be.

3 hours ago, cured said:

My kid lives in LA. I know you have made fun of it but the emergency was VERY real.  Running out of oxygen for the vents, patients in the gift shops.

My local hospitals in one of the states doing relatively well in covid numbers have their ICUs full.  People are having to stay in the ER for other emergencies (personal experience) because there are no ICU rooms.

No matter how much you want to deny the existence of serious disease, it is real, it is here, it is a global pandemic.  Try following the science and not the conspiracy theorists.

So glad that you never have to learn anything new, that you are all knowing from day one on any topic.  Pssst...this is a NOVEL virus. Never seen before. It is not a flu nor a cold.  As scientists learn more about the virus, knowledge and recommendations will change. That is a given.  I for one are so glad today's scientists are willing to update recommendations as they gain new knowledge. We would all be in big trouble if they stuck to early knowledge, not wanting to admit they may have been wrong in the beginning.

Good evening

Must be bad since white teeth opened the state back up recently.

Heres your science vs Florida.

I socialize with doctors, and a chief medical officer of a local hospital.  Very much informed and not into conspiracy theories - I just think for myself.  Quit being so aggressive.  

Again, the truth is always in the middle.

D2B4AB46-0257-44B0-8993-2D632C028099.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

You probably forgot to include Alaska.  If it was just a comparison with the "lower 48", your assumption would be correct.  

Poor Alaska, you're probably right. Ironically that has been my favourite cruise to date! 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am LenQuixote de La Mancha and not Nostradamus.Laugh if you will but when you see that my prediction is accurate a simple acknowledgement will suffice.

I think you are chasing windmills on that date

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

But if you want to remove Alaska, in all fairness you should eliminate all three of the Canadian territories. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

488?

I'm assuming he is trying to impress us with the size of his ummm car. My guess is a Ferrari 488 Pista.  It's a scientifically researched fact that you must be an expert at life if you can afford an exotic car and he wants us to know that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, badvector said:

I'm assuming he is trying to impress us with the size of his ummm car. My guess is a Ferrari 488 Pista.  It's a scientifically researched fact that you must be an expert at life if you can afford an exotic car and he wants us to know that.

The wife has a red pony car. It's fun enough for us. Not fancy

20210131_115509.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/31/2021 at 8:45 PM, Coralc said:

So...my husband and I were discussing your post and the surprising fact that Canada only has 37 M people and it is nearly the same size as the US. :classic_biggrin: We did not know that. We came to the conclusion that Canada needs more people! :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

23 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

the last I heard is Canada is bigger in area than the US

Something like 80-90% of Canada lives within 100 miles of the US-Canada border. That narrow strip of land represents less than 10% of land. Meaning 90% of Canada is sparsely populated. 

Sounds like a hermits paradise! 

• Haha 1