bed by bath or balcony?

39august

We have stayed only in Jr. Suites the past 10 or so years so don't recall balcony cabin configuration. Do some of the balcony cabins have bed by the bath, please? I only recall bed by balcony. If there are cabins with the bed by bath configuration, how do you find out that information, please? 

12 minutes ago, 39august said:

We have stayed only in Jr. Suites the past 10 or so years so don't recall balcony cabin configuration. Do some of the balcony cabins have bed by the bath, please? I only recall bed by balcony. If there are cabins with the bed by bath configuration, how do you find out that information, please? 

What ship

I have seen this question posted several times before. This is a genuine question  which has always puzzled me. Why does it matter whether the bed is by the bath or balcony?

Edited by Bobal
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobal said:

I have seen this question posted several times before. This is a genuine question  which has always puzzled me. Why does it matter whether the bed is by the bath or balcony?

It really started with the Oasis class ships where the cabin layouts alternate.

With the bed by the closet configuration it makes it very difficult to access the closet.

Another factor that applies to some is that with the bed by the balcony configuration it makes it very easy to get a scooter in the room.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

I actually never really paid attention to which cabin, which ship...bed configuration.   I guess the biggest thing for me...is that there really IS a bed.  😉  I can sleep on that bed no matter where they put it.  😄 

The only ones you have an option on are balconies on Oasis and Quantum class ships

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The only ones you have an option on are balconies on Oasis and Quantum class ships

Thanks...will try to pay attention to where bed is next time.  😇  Though on Harmony (if is sails end of this year)....for us the bed will be upstairs this time.  That one will be different.  😉 

• Like 1

I guess I DO remember correctly because I thought all Freedom and Voyager class balcony cabins had bed by the balcony. The difference to me is that the cabin seems larger with bed by the bath. That's what makes the Jr. Suite seem so large.  The couch and chair are by the balcony in Jr. Suites.

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

I guess I DO remember correctly because I thought all Freedom and Voyager class balcony cabins had bed by the balcony. The difference to me is that the cabin seems larger with bed by the bath. That's what makes the Jr. Suite seem so large.  The couch and chair are by the balcony in Jr. Suites.

Thats what we found. Wife likes the couch and makeup table by the balcony door. 

• Like 2

Actually,  we needed to make sure the bed would be on the balcony side of our cabin on both Harmony OTS  and Splendor OTS in the past because although we were not sailing in an accessible cabin, we were renting a scooter for my husband. In order to have enough room in the cabin to park to scooter, the bed needed to be by the balcony. The foot of the bed was too close to the wall to get a scooter past the foot of the bed if  the bed had been nearer to the bathroom. I asked a similar question re bed placement on these boards and a couple of well meaning people gave me advice. For instance, someone said the configuration with the bed near the balcony applied to every other cabin. I decided to check on this and called Royal Caribbean. I was told that I would have to contact the accessible dept. A representative there told me that my information was incorrect regarding the alternating cabin bed placement because while it can be the rule, there are various exceptions to that. So at times,  in some cabins, for whatever reason the reason, placement ends up being different. I was told the only way to find out for certain was to check with them first.  They said they would have to actually email the ship to find out. So we had them do it the a cabin we had already booked. It turned out not to have the bed by the balcony configuration. We had not heard anything after a couple of weeks so I called again. It wasn’t more than a few days later that we were given other options since we didn’t have the cabin figuration we needed.  The subsequent year we made sure the cabin we were wanted had the right configuration before finalizing our booking. However, we ended up buying my husband a scooter that folds into the size of a rolling suitcase just few weeks before our cruise. It can fit  into any cabin, so we don’t have to worry about it anymore. Good luck finding The type of cabin that you want! 

On 1/30/2021 at 1:58 PM, Bobal said:

So, in my case... I generally wake up at 4am central, no matter what.  So, I prefer the couch by the balcony, so I can read my book with an awesome view for 4-5 hours while DH sleeps 🙂

On 1/30/2021 at 1:58 PM, Bobal said:

Many of us prefer the bed in a particular location.  I prefer the bed by the balcony.  I have coffee delivered every morning and prefer the deliverer to put it down nearest to the door so my roommate isn’t disturbed.  Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean others don’t.  

54 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Many of us prefer the bed in a particular location.  I prefer the bed by the balcony.  I have coffee delivered every morning and prefer the deliverer to put it down nearest to the door so my roommate isn’t disturbed.  Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean others don’t.  

Perhaps you would care to read my question (which you quoted) again and explain at which point I said I didn't 'care'. I asked a question about which I was genuinely intrigued and thank those who gave a civil response.

23 hours ago, Bobal said:

Perhaps you would care to read my question (which you quoted) again and explain at which point I said I didn't 'care'. I asked a question about which I was genuinely intrigued and thank those who gave a civil response.

I apologize.  I didn’t see any “thanks” on following posts.  Many on these posts respond with comments that are sarcastic.  I shouldn’t have apologized that your comment wasn’t serious.

• Thanks 1