cancel a cruise before final payment

ranchette

2 minutes ago, ranchette said:

If I cancel my cruise before final payment will I be able to get a FCC for my non refundable deposit?

I'm probably going to have to do the same thing if my cruise isn't cancelled before final payment date of May 1st.

14 minutes ago, ranchette said:

Will you get ab FCC for your deposit?

Yes...I believe X has the same policy that RCI has...as there's nothing at this time I can move the $900 deposit to.

Have been hoping they will cancel this RT out of Amsterdam. I'm certainly not going to pay them my large final payment which includes business class seats booked with them...way too much $$$'s.

Also assuming my RCI Oct 2021 Canada/NE will be cancelled also but if not I will cancel and have plenty of RCI cruises to move that FCC to.

Edited by Ashland

4 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

Yes, we just did this with RCCL. 

Our final payment date for our cruise was Feb 1st, we cancelled our non refundable suite deposit of $500 and received it back as a FCC.  

Do you know if you can  use it for an existing reservation or does it have to be a new one?

21 minutes ago, CTCruiser76 said:

That I do not know.

@Ourusualbeach or others should have that answer. 

23 minutes ago, ranchette said:

Do you know if you can  use it for an existing reservation or does it have to be a new one?

either new or existing and on a new reservation it can cover the deposit so that no new money is required. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

either new or existing and on a new reservation it can cover the deposit so that no new money is required. 

Is this fairly new....that a FCC can be used toward a deposit? We were informed when we got it that it could only be used toward balance payments.

Marc

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It can be used against any unpaid cruise fare.  It cannot be used to pay for a Royal up bid. 

Does that include taxes/port fees? We have already paid a $250 pp deposit for a fall 2022 cruise. If our fall 2021 cruise isn't cancelled by the final payment date in July, we'll opt for a $250 pp FCC- which I'd like to apply to the 2022 cruise.  However, the total cruise price is only $532 pp, including taxes & fees of $84 pp.

1 minute ago, NancyIL said:

Does that include taxes/port fees? We have already paid a $250 pp deposit for a fall 2022 cruise. If our fall 2021 cruise isn't cancelled by the final payment date in July, we'll opt for a $250 pp FCC- which I'd like to apply to the 2022 cruise.  However, the total cruise price is only $532 pp, including taxes & fees of $84 pp.

No.  You cannot use a FCC to cover port fees, prepaid gratuities, insurance hotels etc...cruise fare only. 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.  You cannot use a FCC to cover port fees, prepaid gratuities, insurance hotels etc...cruise fare only. 

Thanks, Ken...I was afraid of that!

**I don't suppose RCI can swap monies so the cash paid for the deposit covers the cruise fare + partial taxes, and have the FCC cover the deposit?

Edited by NancyIL
  • Like 1