Jump to content

Non-Refundable Deposits Refunded


Recommended Posts

Thank you Celebrity for the refund of two cruise that i had booked with NRD one sailing in October 2020 the other in February 2021 i received $800 in October 2020 and $800 for the February sailing the last week in January 2021. again well done Celebrity keep safe to everybody Aussie One   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aussie One said:

Thank you Celebrity for the refund of two cruise that i had booked with NRD one sailing in October 2020 the other in February 2021 i received $800 in October 2020 and $800 for the February sailing the last week in January 2021. again well done Celebrity keep safe to everybody Aussie One   

Congratulations.  Did you have to specifically request this?  Is this a policy change or a one-off?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dblane said:

Would be nice to have my $900. non-refundable deposit for my February 5, 2021.  Not expecting it though.

 

If you waited for Celebrity to cancel then you should have been able to get the deposit refunded if you requested a refund instead of 125% OBC.

 

For others on sailings prior to 5/4/2022 who had NRD if you had cancelled before yesterday when CwC ran out you would have been eligible to receive the entire deposit as FCC without the $100 pp penalty.

 

Now though the original terms of the NRD deposit are back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

If you waited for Celebrity to cancel then you should have been able to get the deposit refunded if you requested a refund instead of 125% OBC.

 

For others on sailings prior to 5/4/2022 who had NRD if you had cancelled before yesterday when CwC ran out you would have been eligible to receive the entire deposit as FCC without the $100 pp penalty.

 

Now though the original terms of the NRD deposit are back.

What about those with NRD for July 2021 sailings..thoughts about what may happen with our European itineraries? I'm hoping X cancels before May final due so I can get my $900 deposit back as I don't want an FCC at this point in time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tnt10 said:

ALL cruise deposits should be fully refundable at this point.  There are just too many variable outside of everyone's control!

That would be nice but not happening with NRD unless Celebrity cancels the cruise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davekathy said:

That would be nice but not happening with NRD unless Celebrity cancels the cruise. 

And that would be "nice" if they would just cancel before final is due.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Aussie One said:

Thank you Celebrity for the refund of two cruise that i had booked with NRD one sailing in October 2020 the other in February 2021 i received $800 in October 2020 and $800 for the February sailing the last week in January 2021. again well done Celebrity keep safe to everybody Aussie One   

If Celebrity cancelled then you certainly would receive a full refund option.

Also Australia and NZ have different contract rules.

Glad you received your money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

If you waited for Celebrity to cancel then you should have been able to get the deposit refunded if you requested a refund instead of 125% OBC.

 

For others on sailings prior to 5/4/2022 who had NRD if you had cancelled before yesterday when CwC ran out you would have been eligible to receive the entire deposit as FCC without the $100 pp penalty.

 

Now though the original terms of the NRD deposit are back.

I believe that was the cut-off for lift and shift, not cruise with confidence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, denatravels said:

I believe that was the cut-off for lift and shift, not cruise with confidence. 

 

No it was the entire CwC program, not well communicated.  Look at the T&C and it's more clear.  Maybe they cleaned up the language recently but now it's very clear.   I ran into this last week when trying to move my NRD to a sailing outside 5/4/2022 and they wouldn't waive the $100 pp fee quoting the sailing date outside CwC window.

 

"Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before April 30, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise; or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date. "

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

No it was the entire CwC program, not well communicated.  Look at the T&C and it's more clear.  Maybe they cleaned up the language recently but now it's very clear.   I ran into this last week when trying to move my NRD to a sailing outside 5/4/2022 and they wouldn't waive the $100 pp fee quoting the sailing date outside CwC window.

 

"Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before April 30, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise; or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date. "

First off, I’m honestly not trying to start something with you. I looked at the terms and truly do not see where this is stated. https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence
I have a celebrity and Royal for this summer that I’d like to ditch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

No it was the entire CwC program, not well communicated.  Look at the T&C and it's more clear.  Maybe they cleaned up the language recently but now it's very clear.   I ran into this last week when trying to move my NRD to a sailing outside 5/4/2022 and they wouldn't waive the $100 pp fee quoting the sailing date outside CwC window.

 

"Celebrity Cruises’ “Cruise with Confidence” program provides individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before April 30, 2021, on sailings between June 12, 2020 and May 4, 2022, with the option to either: (i) cancel their cruise reservation up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and elect to receive a Future Cruise Credit under the Cruise with Confidence program (a “CWC FCC”) equal to the amount of the cruise fare the guest paid to Celebrity for their cruise; or (ii) opt in for our Cruise with Confidence “best price guarantee” on their current sailing up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date. "

My booked cruise for July 2021 would have only been my 2nd cruise with X. A long time loyal cruiser with RCI and was hoping to cruise more with X...however this may change quickly now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ashland said:

What about those with NRD for July 2021 sailings..thoughts about what may happen with our European itineraries? I'm hoping X cancels before May final due so I can get my $900 deposit back as I don't want an FCC at this point in time.

Hi Ashland.  We had a Mediterranean sailing for Sept 2021 on the Connie that Celebrity recently cancelled.  We had booked with a non-refundable deposit.....asked my TA to request a refund of said deposit and it was posted to our credit card within ten days.  Hope this helps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, denatravels said:

First off, I’m honestly not trying to start something with you. I looked at the terms and truly do not see where this is stated. https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence
I have a celebrity and Royal for this summer that I’d like to ditch. 

 

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing.  Here is what I was trying to point out.

 

1) Lift and shift is over and done as of 1/31/2021.  Future suspended cruises may allow for moving to other cruises with protected prices under that new cancellation.

 

2) New cruises booked now through 4/30/2021 will have price protection and cancellation for FCC up to 48 hrs prior to embarkation as well as no $100 pp penalty for NRD cancellation prior to final payment.   As long as the cruise you are booking embarks by 5/4/2022

 

3) Any booking for cruises embarking after 5/4/2022 are not covered by CwC at all.  Price drops only allowed prior to final payment date and cancellations after final payment will be subject to the standard contract penalty schedule.

 

What I was not talking about are cruises cancelled by Celebrity

Of course any sailing which is cancelled by Celebrity will be entitled to a complete refund including NRD deposits as this has nothing to do with CwC.  Unfortunately most times cancellations are not announced until after final payment so could require full payment which could be a risk if the sailing is not eventually cancelled.

Edited by wrk2cruise
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our September Greek cruise on the Constellation was canceled by Celebrity and we had a NRD which we received back last week to our credit card. This was nothing special or above and beyond by Celebrity,  if they hadn't refunded I would have my CC reverse the transaction.  What chapped me was we booked the cruise 2 days before Celebrity canceled,  can't tell me they didn't already know the Constellation summer Europe cruises were being canceled when they took my deposit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...