Galveston: Info on cruising from Galveston

jimblack1

I am trying to create place where we can share all things about sailing from Galveston:

Where to park advantages and disadvantages. Refund policies, covered/uncovered, comparative prices, etc.

Tips on how to get in and out of both terminals (Royal Caribbean and Carnival).

Places to spend the night and whether they are inexpensive or expensive, have parking and or shuttling.

Places to eat inexpensive or inexpensive

Any new sailings either cruise line may be offering that are different from their normal schedules.

Info you may have heard about what ships are coming or leaving.

Status and updates on the new dock that will  take Oasis size ships.

Airport info.

Port cameras, maps anything you think might help someone cruising out of Galveston

Thanks for helping people cruising from Galveston both newbies and old hands.

2 hours ago, jimblack1 said:

I am trying to create place where we can share all things about sailing from Galveston...

@jimblack1

Howdy!! emo22.gif

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards! 👍 

Actually, that is what this whole Gulf Coast Departures  forum is for. However, please remember the following stated in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

If you need help in using the message board Search feature (the Search bubble under your user name top right on this forum or any other forum) see the following thread about how to search board forums from the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum:

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

I am not sure I understand you message. I found the gulf coast departures but I am not interested in New Orleans, Biloxi, Tampa or any other gulf coast port, only Galveston. Are you telling me I cannot start a Forum on cruising out of Galveston?

jim

4 hours ago, jimblack1 said:

... Are you telling me I cannot start a Forum on cruising out of Galveston?

Howdy again, Jim!! emo22.gif

You started a thread on the Gulf Coast Departures forum. Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the various forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there about that forum.

This forum already contains numerous threads regarding cruising out of Galveston. Cruise Critic members have already asked and have been given information regarding Galveston hotel, transportation, dining, embarkation, etc. from fellow members. That's why I mentioned Browse Before You Post that is in the Guidelines.

In order to find existing Galveston related questions & answers, you can browse through the thread titles on this forum. Click on the titles of threads that interest you to open & read. Maybe you will want to post on the thread too using the Reply to this topic button.

You can use the Search feature on this forum to help narrow down your browsing. That's why I told you how to find information regarding how to use the feature in case you did not know. (Hopefully Helpful Hint: For me when I use the feature, I get the findings then use the SORT BY feature for Date so the most recent will top the findings.)

If you have a question concerning a particular Galveston related subject that has not been addressed at all or it has been a few years so now up-to-date information is needed, please feel free to start a new thread on this forum by using the Start new topic button. 

Anytime you need to start a new thread on any forum, first make sure you are in the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members browsing through the thread titles and if they know the information they will reply to you.

It is best to limit each inquiry message to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, one ship, one port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry message if that sort of additional information will help the members help you.

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers. We are so glad you found us and hope this additional information will be helpfulemo34.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

I could not really find a yes or a no in your response so I will take it as a polite way to say no. Maybe I just don't understand how to search but there are over 25,000 entries on the Gulf Coast Forum so searching it is useless for me. I will just try the RCL blog to see If I can get help there.

Howdy again, Jim!! emo22.gif

On 2/7/2021 at 9:53 PM, jimblack1 said:

I could not really find a yes or a no in your response so I will take it as a polite way to say no...

The questions you ask in your post have probably already been asked and answered on this forum numerous times. I tried to help you with how to use the Search feature to find them. I also explained it is best to limit each inquiry message to only one topic.

... Maybe I just don't understand how to search but there are over 25,000 entries on the Gulf Coast Forum so searching it is useless for me...

When using the Search feature on this forum, the findings show only a little over 90 threads that mention Galveston in their title. Here is how you start:

Click the bubble. Type in your search term. Click This Forum, Content in titles and body or Contact titles only.

image.png.e43391b68099c2a8d40212c4003822c5.png

Then click the little magnifying glass.

For the search findings I found click here: Showing results for 'Galveston' in content posted in Gulf Coast Departures. - Cruise Critic Community I think the link will only work for you up until I clear my browser history. If it still works when you read this, note how each usually asks only one question at a time. That's why I said, "It is best to limit each inquiry message to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, one ship, one port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way."

To show you some examples, here are a few of the threads I see on the first page of my search findings:

Hotel with cruise parking OR strictly cruise parking in Galveston - Gulf Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

Hotel in Galveston - Gulf Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

Any activity at Galveston to show cruising restarting there? - Gulf Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

Port of Galveston - HOU flight time clarification - Gulf Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

Where to eat for one evening in Galveston - Gulf Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

Official Galveston Cruise Parking - Gulf Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

Pre-cruise night in Houston or Galveston? - Gulf Coast Departures - Cruise Critic Community

... I will just try the RCL blog to see If I can get help there.

The Host for the Royal Caribbean International forum will probably move your thread to this forum. Thread topics regarding Galveston hotel, transportation, dining, embarkation, etc. are off topic there and on topic here.

Again, I hope all this additional information will help you use this forum to obtain the information you seek as others have.  emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!
  • Like 1