Compulsory offshore excursions due to Covid with P&O

angeliquer

1 minute ago, Angel57 said:

My Samsung smartphone is on the Vodafone PAYG plan at £10 per month. I use it mostly for messaging on WhatsApp and also keeping up with emails etc if not at home (which is rare now!). If the mobile rings it generally startles me as only a few people ring on that as opposed to landline (and I know that these days that is rather old fashioned!).

I was with Vodafone, but refused to pay £10 per month, so move to o2 and don't pay anything per month.  I just need to make one chargeable call or text in 6 months  I've had £8 on the month for ages now.

My smartphone is a Galaxy J5 with Tesco mobile on PAYG. I top up £10 and get £20 free credit for a month, but never use it all. I mainly use my phone for texts and use the landline for the few call that I do make. I think I last topped my phone up around August.

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

And the ferry crew will be vaccinated as they are classed as a priority group. 

Andy 

Andy is spot on. The IOW ferry crews were given special status due to the need to preserve the link for transport of vaccine, food etc to the island, and patients from the island.

If I recall correctly, there is a Scottish Island where they have the same status.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I was with Vodafone, but refused to pay £10 per month, so move to o2 and don't pay anything per month.  I just need to make one chargeable call or text in 6 months  I've had £8 on the month for ages now.

I am on vodafone but my PAYG only gets topped up when I need more credit, and since its gets more phone and text usage when we are on holiday, my last top up from July 2019 still has a few pounds left.

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I am on vodafone but my PAYG only gets topped up when I need more credit, and since its gets more phone and text usage when we are on holiday, my last top up from July 2019 still has a few pounds left.

I'm with Vodaphone and pay £18 per month. I use it all over the world so I have a really good deal on the cost of calls and data I use it daily for banking, checking my credit card, my diary, news channels, weather etc etc. I occasionally use it for making calls but do receive quite a lot of texts, which is how my Doctors told me my vaccination was due (had it last Wednesday). Before anybody tells me how unsafe that is I have a quality anti-virus checker installed which I renew every year.

1 hour ago, Zombatar said:

I'm with Vodaphone and pay £18 per month. I use it all over the world so I have a really good deal on the cost of calls and data I use it daily for banking, checking my credit card, my diary, news channels, weather etc etc. I occasionally use it for making calls but do receive quite a lot of texts, which is how my Doctors told me my vaccination was due (had it last Wednesday). Before anybody tells me how unsafe that is I have a quality anti-virus checker installed which I renew every year.

To be honest that seems very expensive, depending on your data.  I pay for my phone and the rest of the family each month.  No idea who that happened.

We get unlimited texts, calls and 20gb of data a month with BT each.  I pay £10 for mine and £8 each for the four others.

4 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

To be honest that seems very expensive, depending on your data.  I pay for my phone and the rest of the family each month.  No idea who that happened.

We get unlimited texts, calls and 20gb of data a month with BT each.  I pay £10 for mine and £8 each for the four others.

Good prices for 20GB!

£8 here with Three, unlimited calls and texts, but only 12GB data.

Since we more or less stopped going out that doesn’t seem quite so attractive now, with the free landline calls, but maybe the coming months will offer a few more days out..........

On 2/3/2021 at 7:50 AM, jeanlyon said:

I know they are not, but the whole idea of not being able to talk to anyone else for 19 nights and only sitting at a table for 3.  We would run out of conversation.  So I guess we just won't go  unless this changes before final balance is due.

I've probably missed it, but I mentioned the other day, that if people are allowed to cruise, then they are allowed to go on holiday to Spain, France etc and therefore will be meeting and mingling normally, so can't see why that should be different on a cruise.

Also if vaccinations are going to required before travel, then that surely means you are now protected and should be able to mix.

Do you realize that you are talking to the wall and it’s getting bigger and bigger? I agree with you on all your concerns and raise similar questions; in each answer I’m considered an outcast! Common sense is a very rare entity these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Do you realize that you are talking to the wall and it’s getting bigger and bigger? I agree with you on all your concerns and raise similar questions; in each answer I’m considered an outcast! Common sense is a very rare entity these days.

Hm, I saw a notification that you replied to me, but I don’t see your actual reply. Strange... I refreshed the page a few times and still nothing.

12 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Hm, I saw a notification that you replied to me, but I don’t see your actual reply. Strange... I refreshed the page a few times and still nothing.

I have just had a look at your profile, Jeans reaction was effectively a 'like' or an acknowledgement, not a reply. 

I also noticed all your other comments were on other cruise line boards, not P&O, so to imply that we would treat our Jean as an outcast is unfair, she is a much loved member of this community who's opinion is very much respected. The only opinion you have given so far here is to imply we have treated you poorly, which is not true. 

Welcome to the P&O forum...

Andy 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have just had a look at your profile, Jeans reaction was effectively a 'like' or an acknowledgement, not a reply. 

I also noticed all your other comments were on other cruise line boards, not P&O, so to imply that we would treat our Jean as an outcast is unfair, she is a much loved member of this community who's opinion is very much respected. The only opinion you have given so far here is to imply we have treated you poorly, which is not true. 

Welcome to the P&O forum...

Andy 

Well said Andy.

Jean is a well loved and highly respected poster on here.

Graham.

• Like 12

13 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Kirtihk.

You will find everyone on here very supportive and friendly.

Take care 

Graham 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Well said Andy.

Jean is a well loved and highly respected poster on here.

Graham.

I turned the telly on this morning and Julia Bradbury's walking programme was on. She was at the Prawle point coast watch station. I think that's where Jean Volunteers. I bet she feels a bit outcast up there on a foggy day🤣

Ps. Predictive changed foggy to doggy. Very apt.🐕‍🦺

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope Jean is not upset by this comment from kirkiht. Years ago I had a negative, unpleasant comment and it put me off posting for a long time. The majority of posters now, like Jean, are really helpful, supportive, kind and oh of course some are very funny. I don’t post a huge amount but look at the comments posted most days to keep updated with things. 

• Like 9

On Marr this morning the Vaccine Minister Nadhim Zahawi there were no plans to introduce vaccine passports, but minister says public should ask their GP for proof if its needed to travel abroad. Provision of a letter to confirm would be chargeable by most GP Practices.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/vaccine-passports-would-be-discriminatory_uk_601fbae9c5b6f38d06e4701c

8 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

On Marr this morning the Vaccine Minister Nadhim Zahawi there were no plans to introduce vaccine passports, but minister says public should ask their GP for proof if its needed to travel abroad. Provision of a letter to confirm would be chargeable by most GP Practices.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/vaccine-passports-would-be-discriminatory_uk_601fbae9c5b6f38d06e4701c

I have a concern that this is left and right hand of government not talking to each other. It was quite clearly stated last week that they were under careful consideration.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, molecrochip said:

I have a concern that this is left and right hand of government not talking to each other. It was quite clearly stated last week that they were under careful consideration.

I think public opinion may lead to a " reconsideration. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I hope Jean is not upset by this comment from kirkiht. Years ago I had a negative, unpleasant comment and it put me off posting for a long time. The majority of posters now, like Jean, are really helpful, supportive, kind and oh of course some are very funny. I don’t post a huge amount but look at the comments posted most days to keep updated with things. 

I don't think the post was a dig at Jean, far from it, it was supportive of what she was saying. 

The negative for me was the implication that Jean was wasting her time as this poster has been made to feel an outcast, which was definitely not by us. 

Misunderstandings happen, perhaps Kirkhit thought they were still on the RCI boards where they have had most of their interactions. 

Andy 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

If that is the case it could be another GP lottery, our GP practice is struggling to cope with the everyday needs of the community and has done for a couple of years now. It is quite normal for us to ring for a 'non emergency' appointment and be given an appointment in 6-8 weeks time. I can't see them welcoming the burden of this on top of their already overstretched practice.