Cabin 8000?

margbem

Has anyone a comment on whether this cabin has any issues, noise, position wise etc? We can only find one comment on the cabins spreadsheet. We may take the plunge and book for September but there are hardly any cabins left, 8000 being one of them.

The reason that cabin may still be one of the few available is that there can be a serious wind problem.  The wind on the balcony can be fierce when the ship is underway, and the wind can whistle through the cabin if the door seal is not super tight.  We had that cabin once, encountered both problems, and asked to be moved to a regular balcony cabin. Guest Relations handled it with no questions asked.

5 hours ago, tgg said:

The reason that cabin may still be one of the few available is that there can be a serious wind problem.  The wind on the balcony can be fierce when the ship is underway, and the wind can whistle through the cabin if the door seal is not super tight.  We had that cabin once, encountered both problems, and asked to be moved to a regular balcony cabin. Guest Relations handled it with no questions asked.

8000 is a standard balcony cabin. I think you are talking about a forward facing one?  They are on decks 7 and 6. 

Phil 

11 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

8000 is a standard balcony cabin. I think you are talking about a forward facing one?  They are on decks 7 and 6. 

Phil 

Of course.  I'm sure with a little more sleep and my second covid shot I'll be more focused.🙄🙄

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, margbem said:

Thanks everyone. In the end we booked a cabin on deck 7. We realised that the Veranda plus was costing us a lot of money for not much!

Agree.  That was one of the 'fake' surveys that Azamara did, assessing interest in the new category.  Sentiment here on CC was strongly negative, but it was obvious they were going to do it no matter what anybody said.  I hope that the new independent management will ask for advice, and listen to it.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, margbem said:

Thanks everyone. In the end we booked a cabin on deck 7. We realised that the Veranda plus was costing us a lot of money for not much!

I agree. I never understood their logic for essentially the same size cabin witb a few extra perks including a bar set up that there is little space for anyway. 

Phil 

• Like 3