Sky Suite and Retreat benefits

Cpamomma

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

No free stateroom bar.  With penthouse and Royal, you get a few bottles of alcohol.  But you have access to all suite benefits with sky suite and above.  We love the suite lounge, aka Michael's club, and on the Edge and Apex great suite deck-  Other suite decks are a disappointment if you have sailed on edge class.  

Of course the suite restaurant so much better then the MDR.

You can get your mini fridge filled by the butler with non-alcoholic items that are covered by the drink package (bottled water, soda, etc.). I have had this done even in Sky Suites. So that’s kind of like a mini-bar but without the alcohol.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

You can get your mini fridge filled by the butler with non-alcoholic items that are covered by the drink package (bottled water, soda, etc.). I have had this done even in Sky Suites. So that’s kind of like a mini-bar but without the alcohol.

Yes we always go into suite lounge a fill up.  We instruct our butler to remove all stuff from our fridge/cooler when we arrive

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As long as we are talking Sky Suites and the Retreat. I just started to look at this are you better booking a sky suite or booking the Retreat. What are the extra perks with the Retreat? I think I understand you get a Sky Suite , premium Drink Pkg,Tips? 
what else and do fellow cruisers think it’s worth the money?Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by cheeseheads4ever

5 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

As long as we are talking Sky Suites and the Retreat. I just started to look at this are you better booking a sky suite or booking the retreat. What are the extra perks with the Retreat. I think I understand you get a Sky Suite , premium Drink Pkg,Tips? 
what else and do fellow cruisers think it’s worth the money?Any help would be appreciated.

If you book a sky suite then you have full access to the retreat

New bookings of any suite is considered a "Retreat" booking which includes everything included in "AI" plus the Indulge package is included in the stateroom price which includes Premium Beverage upgrade,  stream wifi upgrade and $400pp OBC.

The suite benefits are very nice.   Luminae,  Retreat Lounge/Michaels Club (same thing),  Retreat sundeck on Revolutionized ships.

14 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

As long as we are talking Sky Suites and the Retreat. I just started to look at this are you better booking a sky suite or booking the Retreat. What are the extra perks with the Retreat? I think I understand you get a Sky Suite , premium Drink Pkg,Tips? 

The Retreat isn’t a separate area or deck of grouping of cabins.    There is the Retreat Lounge,  the Retreat Sun Deck ( on updated ships) and Luminae restaurant.  These places are exclusively for Suites Guests.  

When you book any level Suite  you receive the Premium Beverage Package, Prepaid Gratuities, streaming wi-fi and some on board credit.  If you book the  high level suites (Royal Suite and up) you get some additional benefits eg specialty dining, laundry. 

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

New bookings of any suite is considered a "Retreat" booking which includes everything included in "AI" plus the Indulge package is included in the stateroom price which includes Premium Beverage upgrade,  stream wifi upgrade and $400pp OBC.

The suite benefits are very nice.   Luminae,  Retreat Lounge/Michaels Club (same thing),  Retreat sundeck on Revolutionized ships.

The OBC  varies by the length of the cruise.  We have a 8 N and the OBC is $300pp

and for the 11N OBC is $400pp.

1 hour ago, AlpineDiver said:

After reading the above posts, one question. Do you still get an assigned table in the MDR or are you expected to only go into the Luminae? Yes, I did read that Luminae is much better, just wondering.

Your assigned table is in Luminae, you do not have one in the MDR however you can make arrangements to eat there.  Should be pointed out that on most ships you can have anything on the MDR menu in Luminae

4 hours ago, AlpineDiver said:

After reading the above posts, one question. Do you still get an assigned table in the MDR or are you expected to only go into the Luminae? Yes, I did read that Luminae is much better, just wondering.

You also can ask to eat on Blu the aqua class restaurant, ask concierge it depends on space available, but Luminae is great .

The excursion credit is part of the $400 PP OBC. We like both Luminae and Muranos but tend to eat in Muranos more than Luminae since specialty dining is included in the upper level suites.  There were a number of posts in the past with links to Luminae menus.

This is a link to one of the threads but it is 6 years old.

Not the Millennium Transpacific Review ... Luminae, Suite Class, etc. ... - Celebrity Cruises - Cruise Critic Community

Murano's menu should be on the Celebrity web site 

5 hours ago, George C said:

You also can ask to eat on Blu the aqua class restaurant, ask concierge it depends on space available, but Luminae is great .

Not sure how available all this moving around is going to be once ships start sailing.  Will there be set dining times?  Will you be assigned to one restaurant and need to eat there?  Lots depends on pax load when sailing resumes (less problems if only 50-60%) but I would not be the least bit surprised to see at least the pause of "anytime" dining. 

18 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

So in alls opinion how does Luminae compare to other specialty dining onboard? Like compared to Murano's? Anyone have menus? Also it says you get OBC so on a 10 nighter a $400 OBC PP and also says excursion credit? I can’t find how much excursion $$$.

We have dined in Luminae on quite a few ships.  We usually stay in suites.  IMO the experience and food and service in Luminae is as good or better than all of the specialty dining venues.  But we do sometimes pay extra to go to them anyway to enjoy the variety.  If you dine in Luminae (except Edge Class) you can also order items from the MDR menu.  Also you can give them 1 day notice and ask for special dishes any way you want them.

25 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

So in alls opinion how does Luminae compare to other specialty dining onboard? Like compared to Murano's? Anyone have menus? Also it says you get OBC so on a 10 nighter a $400 OBC PP and also says excursion credit? I can’t find how much excursion $$$.

My last cruise exactly a year ago we did had a royal suite , one of the many perks is free specialty restaurants, we still had most dinners in Luminae, we found service much better than specialty, we normally will do a couple of specialty restaurants in a week, unfortunately my last few cruises didn’t have Muranos.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We have dined in Luminae on quite a few ships.  We usually stay in suites.  IMO the experience and food and service in Luminae is as good or better than all of the specialty dining venues.  But we do sometimes pay extra to go to them anyway to enjoy the variety.  If you dine in Luminae (except Edge Class) you can also order items from the MDR menu.  Also you can give them 1 day notice and ask for special dishes any way you want them.

We have also received items from Blu when dining in Luminae.   Remember, Luminae menu changes daily, Specialties do not.   Food and service is comparable.  

1 hour ago, KateH said:

To those of you that have had a corner aft sky suite.....

Are there 2 loungers on the outside deck as well as table and 2 chairs? TIA

I love corner aft suites unfortunately some ships do not have corner aft sky suites. 

1 hour ago, KateH said:

To those of you that have had a corner aft sky suite.....

Are there 2 loungers on the outside deck as well as table and 2 chairs? TIA

Sky Suites do not come with loungers in any ship class. That being said people have reported asking their butlers for loungers to be added to the balcony and have gotten them, some have asked and been told no. Sometimes you'll arrive to your suite and find loungers on the balcony left over from a prior cruise. So you may be able to get them but be prepared not to.