Refund time frame

Cranky64

Hello, 

Is it common practice for Cunard to use all 60 days to issue a refund? I requested a refund on December 12 just after they canceled out sailing and have seen nothing nor heard a peep from the. I do think it is a poor business practice not to keep you up to date.  

1. I never received an e-mail or call about them canceling our April sailing. I found out from this forum. 

2. Once I requested a refund on their website I never received a conformation that they received it. 

3. When I logon to their website it still shows my itinerary for April! 

I am a little miffed at the process and it leaves me little confidence on any future dealings with Cunard. 

hg 

15 hours ago, Cranky64 said:

Hello, 

Is it common practice for Cunard to use all 60 days to issue a refund? I requested a refund on December 12 just after they canceled out sailing and have seen nothing nor heard a peep from the. I do think it is a poor business practice not to keep you up to date.  

1. I never received an e-mail or call about them canceling our April sailing. I found out from this forum. 

2. Once I requested a refund on their website I never received a conformation that they received it. 

3. When I logon to their website it still shows my itinerary for April! 

I am a little miffed at the process and it leaves me little confidence on any future dealings with Cunard. 

hg 

If you have not paid any part of your cruise by credit card then that option isnt open to you. I would contact either your TA if you booked with them and if booked direct then contact Cunard. Just for information over the last 12 months Cunard, amongst many cruise companies, have taken sometimes longer than 60 days to issue refunds.

Cranky 64 - we also requested for a refund December 10 for our April 2021 sailing. This was a rebooked sailing and we no longer need the TA as a means for transporting our dog, therefore asked for the refund. I did notice today that I can no longer access our booking when logging onto Cunard. I am taking this as positive news the cancellation refund will be issued shortly. Our kennel refund took 3.5 months when Cunard initially cancelled back in March 2020 for our April 2020 (we didn't ask for the refund as we had booked kennel space for April 2021 - they apparently were refunding any "extras" purchased).

Hopefully good news will follow for you as well. 

My P&O refund (different brand but still Carnival) took three months on the nose. 

I knew from this forum that I wouldn’t get a confirmation email so just took a screenshot shot of the confirmation message from the website for my peace of mind. 

Mine was slightly involved as it was booked using 125% FCC from an earlier cancelled cruise, and the initial amount refunded was slightly “light” - about £100. But easily resolved after a quick email. 

I agree a confirmation email giving an estimate for timescale would be reassuring and don’t know  why Carnival don’t do this...

• 1 month later...

They are doing refunds a lot quicker now. My Cunard one took only 6 days. And a P&O one took the same. Although I'm now waiting for another P&O refund (applied for a week later)  which is two weeks and counting.

• 4 weeks later...

I requested a refund for a refund of $915 on a deposit on a cruise Cunard cancelled. Screen pops us your request has been successfully submitted. You will receive a refund in 60 days. Never received a confirmation email. I called several weeks later and they said it was properly filed. I then sent out an email, and after three weeks they responded and said it would take 60 days.  My Princess deposit was credited in 4 business days, and HAL refunds are pretty much 30 days. Won’t be doing any more Cunard in the future.