Everyone share a vacation idea besides cruising

Kentucky816

I went ahead and booked the new Planet Hollywood Resort in Cancun for 8 nights in April. This was tough for me. I found a lot of nice resorts and a few that I really want to go to. I think I'm going to visit all of them eventually. But one would be better for a shorter stay, another would be better post covid.....in the end I think this is the best time to visit a secluded resort away from everything else and I'm catching it while it's new and probably the least crowded it's ever going to be.  Actually after watching all of these youtube videos of people in vacated resorts last fall, I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner. Bars and food were big for me. I wanted a coffee shop, sports bar, and cocktail bar, all of which they have here. For food they have a steakhouse, Brazilian grill, italian restaurant, seafood restaurant, indian restaurant, mexican restaurant, teppanyaki, sports bar and grill, guys burgers, and of course a buffet. Then an additional charge Chef's table.

I think it's going to be a good time. And I'll cover it all on the Cancun Board.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, evandbob said:

We moved from Westchester, NY to Ft Myers in southwest Florida about 3 years.  It's mostly tropical weather, e.g. last February we had 85 to 95 degree temps and this month it's been mainly 80 -85.  You would think we found a permanent "vacation" year round home

I had planned to sit on some beautiful beaches like Lovers Key or Barefoot and wallow in sunshine and fishing opportunities.  However, red tide has poisoned many of the beaches here with an 18 month spell right after we moved here.  Manatees, sea turtles, dolphins, and even a whale shark, not to mention TONS of dead fish washed up on all the beaches and waves sent the toxins into the beach side air.

The recent spate of toxic red tide has lasted about 6 months and seemed to be abating.  However, today's local paper has a story about Terns and other sea birds being poisoned by it and showing neurological damage.

Ironic that the Hudson River in Sleepy Hollow where we used to live is cleaner and safer than the Gulf waters here in SWFL.  My permanent vacation home is yet to be found.

I can appreciate where you're coming from.  That's a completely backwards situation.  I hope the sea life and beaches will recover.

On 2/21/2021 at 12:12 PM, JerseyGirlJen said:

I hope you have great time!  I'll be at Hilton Marina.  So looking forward to just chill-axing at the pool and just enjoying life.

I love the Hilton Marina!  Stayed there pre-cruise in December, 2019.  Love the vibe there.  Enjoy!

• Like 1