When is the Odyssey suppose to launch?

4 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

We have a TA on the Odyssey late Oct. 

Maybe I'm just kidding, but I hope we aren't the initial launch. 

Does anyone know when she will be officially launched?

Cheers

Len

Currently on her second delay.

Your TA is extremely iffy, as is mine on Harmony 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

We are on the Nov 11 Southern Caribbean sailing and I'm 99.99% certain we won't be going. Now, there STILL is that .01% chance! 😇

You might go. Better odds than the TA.

Is that the first US sailing?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Does anyone know when she will be officially launched?

Depends on what you mean by "launched". The hand over might be by the end of March as she was supposed to sail by early April. But so far all cruises are suspended til the end of April.

When will she sail? As soon as possible... when cruising is possible again in the Med... So far all Spanish ports are closed except for the Canary Islands. Portugal is closed. Italian ports are open. Greek ports are closed...

So no place to go...

steamboats

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Yes, it looks like it is the first US sailing.

not sure how she will GET here without a TA!

She could deadhead across like Allure just did.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

She could deadhead across like Allure just did.

In other words sail across the Atlantic without paying passengers (For those that don't know the terminology).

Edited by kwokpot
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What would they need to shake out.  She is supposed to be sailing in the med during the summer. 

Well, given that most Mediterranean ports are closed now (and my magic 8-ball has cracked from overuse) I wasn't sure if she would be sailing at all over the summer!

We are booked on what has now become Odyssey's Inaugural sailing, May 9.  Most ports on itinerary are closed.  As of now, we'd be scrambling through Civitavecchia trying to find a Covid testing site to get back into the US via air.  Just don't see this happening.

Do the test/trial cruises required by the CDC prior to resuming US departures apply to overseas departures?

7 minutes ago, fweegy said:

I'm also on that TA in October and my gut is telling me it will be cancelled. Already had 3 cancelled so far. Getting tired of this.

We're also on the Odyssey TA in Oct as well as the following 9N S. Caribbean sailing on Nov 11th.

Even if it's a non-revenue TA sailing and then Odyssey has to quarantine for 28 days upon arrival to comply with CDC green status, the first 1-2 sailings from the U.S. are likely in jeopardy.

15 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

We're also on the Odyssey TA in Oct as well as the following 9N S. Caribbean sailing on Nov 11th.

Even if it's a non-revenue TA sailing and then Odyssey has to quarantine for 28 days upon arrival to comply with CDC green status, the first 1-2 sailings from the U.S. are likely in jeopardy.

The CDC conditional sail framework expires Nov. 1. After that there is no 28 day quarantine requirement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The CDC conditional sail framework expires Nov. 1. After that there is no 28 day quarantine requirement. 

Thanks for the reminder!  So much to remember, cancel, coordinate..

Looking forward to hopefully sailing the 9N S.C sailing on Nov 11th.

Not sure if there's anything special about this sailing but I do recall that RC took a long time to announce it, even though later Nov-Dec sailings had been released. 

• Like 1

I was on the 3 dayer to launch from Southampton, but they cancelled

Am still booked on the May 9th trip to Israel

One the surface, it seems this is an easy one to cancel, but if the info above is right and Italian ports are open, but Greek ports are closed... The cruise is scheduled to go to Israel, where everyone will be vaccinated by May. All over 50s in the UK will also be vaccinated by May

If they include vaccine passports, I can see no reason why this cruise will not sail with a slightly altered itinerary

Alternatively, it could be delayed a month for those booked to lift and shift to

I bow to wiser and more knowledgeable heads on here, but I prefer optimism (however misguided) over pessimism

Has anyone aggregated the date Royal will next cancel?