Neptune suite coffee maker

CRu1853!!

Morning from Florida😃. My DH and I will be in a Neptune Suite for 2022 cruise. I realize I have plenty of time but I am a planner and have questions about the coffee maker. Can it make a full size cup of coffee or only espresso, can you bring your own brand of  K style cup to use?

Thank you in advance for any answers, just trying to plan ahead and imagine drinking my first cup of coffee on veranda watching the Inside Passage pass by😉😊

You can make a full size cup of coffee just like a Keurig.  There will be 3 different types of coffee pods, as I recall, including expresso.  I believe Keurig type coffee pods will work if you see the need to bring your own.

21 minutes ago, CRu1853!! said:

Morning from Florida😃. My DH and I will be in a Neptune Suite for 2022 cruise. I realize I have plenty of time but I am a planner and have questions about the coffee maker. Can it make a full size cup of coffee or only espresso, can you bring your own brand of  K style cup to use?

Thank you in advance for any answers, just trying to plan ahead and imagine drinking my first cup of coffee on veranda watching the Inside Passage pass by😉😊

Why would you want to pack coffee cups to bring with you?  The coffee cups in the Neptune Suites are very nice.

Our most recent cruise ended March 18, 2020 (the day the world came to a halt) on the Eurodam.  The coffee maker in the suite was still the Nespresso-type and as others have stated, won't accommodate K Cups.  Also, don't forget that you can make a variety of coffee drinks from the more versatile machine in the Neptune Lounge.

• Like 2

Personally I never use the "In Suite" coffee makers, I just don't care for the results. (Might be my ability to insert the....Never mind, just being silly).  I do always try to get a suite close to the Neptune Lounge where the coffee maker is better, IMHO.... and snacks are usually available as well.

• Like 2

Maybe because we have owned a Nespresso at home for years it works perfectly for us.  We keep a carton of milk in the fridge rather than use the fake creamer.  And we figured out that we can have the stateroom attendants keep an understock of pods and sugar in the bar cabinet so we don't run out.  We do like the Neptune for lattes, cappuccinos, mochas, etc.  And of course who can forget the snacks. 😉

• Like 1

I am addicted to just plain coffee, nothing fancy and certainly nothing extremely strong.  I love Keurig because you can buy it in three strengths - breakfast blend, medium or strong.  I like the Medium.

No matter what I did last year in the suite, and the year before, I could not get the Nespresso to give me a 'normal' cup of coffee - it was expresso or nothing.  Other pods do not fit for sure (yes, I did try).   I tried brewing a cup of Nespresso in a bigger cup, and then just running water through for the second and even a third portion, but alas, it was still too strong for me.  

I gave up on the second day and from then on got the coffee from the Neptune Lounge.  Even that is too strong for me, but with hot water added it was livable.

19 hours ago, erewhon said:

I prefer to make coffee from the machine in the Neptune Lounge.

That's fine if you have a NS on the same deck as the Lounge.  Otherwise it's lukewarm by the time you get back to your cabin, or spilled. 😉

9 hours ago, Roz said:

That's fine if you have a NS on the same deck as the Lounge.  Otherwise it's lukewarm by the time you get back to your cabin, or spilled. 😉

I’ve only been in an NS once that wasn’t on the same floor as the lounge.  I got some of the take out cups from the Explorers’ Lounge (the coffee place) and used them to bring the coffee back and it was still hot and not spilled.  Just in case it is of help to you or anyone else for the next time 🙂 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Roz said:

@kazu, great idea!

Thanks.  One thing I forgot - when we had rough seas, the Neptune Lounge had those take out cups out to be used if you were taking the coffee back to your room or elsewhere.  I don’t know if they have some on hand or obtained them due to the seas.  Might be worth checking, in case.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’ve only been in an NS once that wasn’t on the same floor as the lounge.  I got some of the take out cups from the Explorers’ Lounge (the coffee place) and used them to bring the coffee back and it was still hot and not spilled.  Just in case it is of help to you or anyone else for the next time 🙂 

We do this frequently.  And if you're carrying more than one cup, ask for a tray from the Explorers Lounge (and save it to reuse).

• Like 1