Hotels near Fort Lauderdale cruise terminal

hotrod610

8 minutes ago, hotrod610 said:

Any suggestions

If a price sensitive but nice hotel in a good location (bars/restaurants) then consider The Riverside.  In addition to standard rooms, they have smaller (budget) rooms.

If you wish to stay for a few days in boutique luxury, then consider The Pillars

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

16 minutes ago, hotrod610 said:

Any suggestions

We stay at the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale/Air Port North/Cruise Port or the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale/17th Street. Here is the Link to Fort Lauderdale Departures. You'll also find suggestions there and you can ask your question there also. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/533-florida-departures/

What are your priorities?  Price? Quality? Location?  Lots of choices available.  As mentioned check out the Florida departures forum or even Tripadvisor.  Ultimately you get what you pay for in that area with few surprises.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

A view of the Silhouette from the Hilton Marina

image.thumb.png.81fb9908e70c709974d75ac78fbca2af.png

Thank you......We always book the water-view high floor so I can watch the ships come in (around 5am....yawn...notice I said "I"...too early for DH...LOL.). That must be the new dock....  The X ships always seem to be further up on the other side.  You managed to bring the pic up quite close with your camera?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thank you......We always book the water-view high floor so I can watch the ships come in (around 5am....yawn...notice I said "I"...too early for DH...LOL.). That must be the new dock....  The X ships always seem to be further up on the other side.  You managed to bring the pic up quite close with your camera?

Stayed at Pier 66 a couple years ago. Massive sized comfy rooms but being November pool was too cold for a swim. Also stayed at Hilton marina but rooms were small although location was good for water taxi. My favorite is the Renaissance a Marriott property on 17th street and I stay there most times. Great area for restaurants and shopping also good view of the Port  always get a room on high floor.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info. 

When do you cruise?  The $300+ room in Feb can go for under $100 in August.  Flying?  Driving and need parking?  Budget?  Honeymoon or family group?

Give the board some more details and the suggestions will be closer to your target.

16 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

With the exception of this past January😒, we always book the Renaissance on 17th Street for our annual January cruise. It's a Marriott property and very, very, close to the cruise port terminal.

Love that location. Its actually the closest to the cruise terminal. We book the Boatyard in the lot across from hotel for our roll call pre cruise dinner.  Lots of fun to meet new friends that we've been chatting with for months. 

Edited by drakes2
Words

34 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Love that location. Its actually the closest to the cruise terminal. We book the Boatyard in the lot across from hotel for our roll call pre cruise dinner.  Lots of fun to meet new friends that we've been chatting with for months. 

We've also enjoyed the Boatyard many times for our pre cruise dinner. Still bummed we weren't able to cruise this January. Made the month feel twice as long!!!!!! 

12 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Stayed at Pier 66 a couple years ago. Massive sized comfy rooms but being November pool was too cold for a swim.

Pier 66 was sold and has been closed for massive renovations for the past couple of years.  It is scheduled to reopen sometime in 2022.  https://www.pier66hotelmarina.com/

17 hours ago, capriccio said:

Pier 66 was sold and has been closed for massive renovations for the past couple of years.  It is scheduled to reopen sometime in 2022.  https://www.pier66hotelmarina.com/

WOW!  Having stayed at Pier 66 when it was a Phillips, then Hyatt, property, the illustrations show a massive re-construction of the property.  It began to decline during its last years with Hyatt;  the hurricane that damaged the hotel accelerated that decline.  That's when I went shopping for a new hotel(s) to stay when I was in Fort Lauderdale.  

We used to stay at the Embassy Suites (looking a bit tired) but the last few times we stayed at Hyatt Place and won't hesitate to stay there again. Love the convenient location next to the Harbor Shopping center with a Publix market, shops and restaurants....our favorite is Duffy's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

We used to stay at the Embassy Suites (looking a bit tired) but the last few times we stayed at Hyatt Place and won't hesitate to stay there again. Love the convenient location next to the Harbor Shopping center with a Publix market, shops and restaurants....our favorite is Duffy's.

And close to Total Wine for your "cruise supplies." 😎

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

And close to Total Wine for your "cruise supplies." 😎

OMG. Love Total wine one of the reasons I stay at The Renaissance on 17th Street. I walk there then take the sun trolley back; those bottles of wine are pretty heavy. I go on their website and put what I want in my basket then pick up at store. Only buy what I can't find in Canada.  I'm a kid in a candy store. 🍷🍷🍷

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

OMG. Love Total wine one of the reasons I stay at The Renaissance on 17th Street. I walk there then take the sun trolley back; those bottles of wine are pretty heavy. I go on their website and put what I want in my basket then pick up at store. Only buy what I can't find in Canada.  I'm a kid in a candy store. 🍷🍷🍷

Think (not 100% certain) Total Wine now delivers.

24 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Doesn’t harm to ask them if they will deliver to your hotel.

If “yes”, then one thinks many on CC will join you.

Yep. You are correct. Went on their site typed in address of Renaissance only thing its $10 charge but if one could coordinate others who are staying there for a cruise may be a good option.  You can choose a delivery window, same day.

41 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Yep. You are correct. Went on their site typed in address of Renaissance only thing its $10 charge but if one could coordinate others who are staying there for a cruise may be a good option.  You can choose a delivery window, same day.

Meet and mingle threads section of CC?

Personally, one would just pay the $10.00 and save all the hassle on line or in FL.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Adds

45 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Meet and mingle threads section of CC?

I've organized all the pre cruise dinners on the roll call. I remember a time when 17 people showed up at the Boatyard it was a St. Patrick's day celebration. For me its easy to shop Total Wine never a lineup and get to sample some delicious wines.

25 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I've organized all the pre cruise dinners on the roll call. I remember a time when 17 people showed up at the Boatyard it was a St. Patrick's day celebration. For me its easy to shop Total Wine never a lineup and get to sample some delicious wines.

Next time in Barbados, and in the South, rather than booking Boatyard, consider Champers, they give a discount on a “Party” for Dinner, plus it’s a better dining experience.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Adds