Want advice on Greenland, Iceland & Canada cruise?

rosewood jo

Anyone been on Seabourn Greenland/Canada/Iceland cruise in 2018 or 2019?   Thinking about one of their new ships in 2022.   Did they do a good job on zodiacs an kayaks?   How was the knowledge of  the expedition team?   Food? What month did u go? Would love to hear from u?

We did the"Route of the Vikings" on the Quest 2019 in August. No Canada on that one. Just UK, Faroe, Shetland, Iceland, Greenland.  Zodiac and Kayaks were great when weather permitted. My general rule is kayaks go about 50% of the time, zodiac 70%.   Expedition team on Quest has always been top notch. I thought Greenland was the highlight so we are going back on Venture next year which includes Svalbard. The private tours we took in Iceland and Faroe were great. Otherwise,  especially in Iceland, a bit crowded at all the popular spots. Went horseback riding in Siglufjordour, good fun.  Have read on the Silversea forum some major issues in Iceland with their smaller ship (Cloud) being stuck offshore for days because zodiacs couldn't tender people to shore during bad weather.  Food always good on Seabourn. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

We have done this cruise twice now as it was so special, we must have been on the same cruise as Highplanesdrifter. This is a truly special trip.. breath taking scenery and so unspoilt. The two itineraries were slightly different but never in my life have I even been somewhere as spectacular as Skjoldungen Fjord.........Quest just drifted for a few hours.............you could hear the ice cracking.........I do believe they allowed zodiacs out that day..............we stayed on board, the silence was spectacular............it felt like we were somewhere no one had ever visited before. I have attached a Google Pic. If the 2022 trip visits Skjoldungen Fjord I am sure it will be a highlight for you. 

1.jpg

Another testimonial to the trip up Skjoldungen Fjord. We did this trip three years ago on Silversea, and were blessed with spectacular weather. There's no doubt it was the highlight of our trip! I'd go back in a second.

DSC_0997.thumb.jpg.d17202827d9dae6413a10e2099eb60d8.jpg

DSC_1073.thumb.jpg.871483e294c72f95ccbcb514bf9c6b4c.jpg

DSC_0994.thumb.jpg.b10210b699ec232af072c07500e73e7c.jpg

DSC_0987.thumb.jpg.f51d6d32d1063525318e3897563baef8.jpg

DSC_1047.thumb.jpg.bea48ec901f0a735f9f114e9e3148ff1.jpg