Reverse FCC

Empehi

Let's say you don't want to cruise until the almost certain new protocols are ended (no masks etc).  You have cruises with deposits in May, Oct and Dec 2021 all with Non-Nonrefundable deposits.  Can you cancel the Oct & Dec cruises get the deposits as FCC and apply these funds to the May, 2021cruise that will the almost certainty be cancelled and then you can get your money refunded as cash? If by some miracle the May cruise goes .... then you can cancel up to 48 hours before sailing and get everything as another FCC. But the probability of the May cruises going are pretty much zero.

2 hours ago, Empehi said:

Let's say you don't want to cruise until the almost certain new protocols are ended (no masks etc).  You have cruises with deposits in May, Oct and Dec 2021 all with Non-Nonrefundable deposits.  Can you cancel the Oct & Dec cruises get the deposits as FCC and apply these funds to the May, 2021cruise that will the almost certainty be cancelled and then you can get your money refunded as cash? If by some miracle the May cruise goes .... then you can cancel up to 48 hours before sailing and get everything as another FCC. But the probability of the May cruises going are pretty much zero.

No.

fcc’s that were issued from CWC (you cancelled) will always remain as non refundable.  If they are applied to a cruise that Royal cancels they are reissued.

If any cruise was purchased with a non refundable deposit  it will remain that way NON refundable either  until it is used or expires. I have used the same FCC three times. they issue a new FCC after every cruise  cancelled by RCI.  And that is ok. I chose the non refundable deposit.  I just hope RONA lets my use it SOON.  Right now I am betting on November 2021. What do you think ??? Will we make it??