Passenger Vaccine Requirement up next?

Sam.Seattle

I hope so as well.  I just have serious reservations about the US's ability to administrate something like this.  Lines at the drivers license renewal stations in our area were 2-3 hours long - when they were open.  Efficiency is not our government's strong point.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I hope so as well.  I just have serious reservations about the US's ability to administrate something like this.  Lines at the drivers license renewal stations in our area were 2-3 hours long - when they were open.  Efficiency is not our government's strong point.

My state has an electronic database for COVID.  They issue a card as well.  Do not think it will be administered by the US.  Our vaccination appointments are linked using our state drivers license or ID card number.  Pretty simple to link the COVID data to the ID.

49 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

We renew ours on line, registration too. But isn't that a state thing not federal? Do some states do it better than others?

I was recently at our RMS  (DMV) and, due to social distancing, there was a queue out the door as seating inside was limited. No standing in queue inside as seats are provided until your number is called. Waited about 15 min outside and about 10 min inside. It was a busy day with about 12 or 13 processing clerks. To assist contact tracing (if required) we check-in by scanning a QR code with our phones as we enter  and check out when leaving. This is a standard procedure when entering and leaving most businesses, pubs, cafes, restaurants etc..

We just got our first of two Pfizer shots and were issued a CDC card which we need to bring back when we get the second one which documents we received both shots. Once completed, we're going to laminate them and take them along with our passports whenever we fly somewhere or go on a cruise. Not quite sure how this is being handled in other countries, but we were under the assumption that was pretty common practice when someone gets vaccinated in the US. Is this not the case?

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We just got our first of two Pfizer shots and were issued a CDC card which we need to bring back when we get the second one which documents we received both shots. Once completed, we're going to laminate them and take them along with our passports whenever we fly somewhere or go on a cruise. Not quite sure how this is being handled in other countries, but we were under the assumption that was pretty common practice when someone gets vaccinated in the US. Is this not the case?

Overseas most countries in the past handed out a WHO vaccination card.  Doctor entered ALL vaccines.  I used this going to South America and Africa after some 6 or 8 innoculations.

For those asking about Federal vs. state.  Definately state unless over time the data could be entered into your passport on renewal.

Think many would not be happy with a national.database.

In Arizona no lines for drivers license.  They do.ply extended the expiration date.  For normal renewals here.  Never a line.  All licenses expire on your birthday at ages 18, 21, 65 and then every 5 years.  Yes - at 21 you get a license good for 44 years!  Renewals are simply an eye test and pay.  Always pay.

53 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We got our 2nd Pfizer shot this week.  After each shot we got a 8 1/2 x 11 “ sheet of paper with instructions if reaction, how next appt will occur, and in small print on the lower section the date, dosage a d lot # of vaccine we received.  Not something you would think to laminate and I sure most didn’t even keep them.   Brother & sister live in different states than us one got nothing and the other got a half sheet of paper with instructions on  how they would be notified for 2nd shot. and which vaccine they received.  So 3 states all different paperwork, no standard approach in the US.

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We got our 2nd Pfizer shot this week.  After each shot we got a 8 1/2 x 11 “ sheet of paper with instructions if reaction, how next appt will occur, and in small print on the lower section the date, dosage a d lot # of vaccine we received.  Not something you would think to laminate and I sure most didn’t even keep them.   Brother & sister live in different states than us one got nothing and the other got a half sheet of paper with instructions on  how they would be notified for 2nd shot. and which vaccine they received.  So 3 states all different paperwork, no standard approach in the US.

Wow! I stand corrected. Hopefully, the issuing organization will be able to provide them proof of getting the vaccine if they ever need it, especially if proof is eventually required to go on a cruise.

In Australia evidence of  vaccination will be recorded and accessible on phones.

Government Services Minister Stuart Robert said anyone who received a coronavirus vaccine would have it recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register.

The record will then be made available on the MyGov website or the Express Plus Medicare app, where a person's total immunisation history is listed, or a paper version can be printed out.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-07/covid-19-vaccine-certificates-to-be-on-australians-smartphones/13130350

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, yorky said:

The UK is not going to roll out vaccination passports at this stage.

On the topic"  I've had my vaccine lets go " which is on page 2 of board a lady has posted (175) details are on NHS app, however I do not have any info on mine neither has another person from UK.

Have to put passport details or another ID and video to prove match to passport photo!!!

Edited by emmas gran

While no one knows the exact form a "vaccine passport" is going to ultimately take, it's almost beyond question that some form of documentation of vaccination is going to be required to do most any kind of travel by the end of this year.  

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

I found these variations surprising. I also received a CDC card at the Publix grocery store where I had my first shot recently with instructions to bring it back when I return for shot 2. Other people I know did, too, including those who had theirs at VA clinics.

Like another poster mentioned, I plan to scan first, then laminate and keep with my passport. I’ll also save the scanned image as a file on my iPhone. If  “passport app” systems catch on (which seems inevitable), it will be handy to already have an electronic copy of the card. 

• Like 1

American now has the Verifly app available at all US airports for travelers going to 8 international destinations. 

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/2021/American-Airlines-Is-First-US-Airline-to-Introduce-Health-Passport-for-All-International-Travel-to-US-OPS-DIS-01/default.aspx

I would suspect this app or others similar will expand quite rapidly in the next few months. Nearly half of Americans are using iOS which has a native Health app as well that could serve the same purpose. I'm sure Apple is up to something. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You might not want to laminate them.  Sometimes (depending upon the document and the country) laminating is considered to be altering an official document.  Also since boosters will probably be needed each year its not like it will be a permanent record.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, nocl said:

You might not want to laminate them.  Sometimes (depending upon the document and the country) laminating is considered to be altering an official document.  Also since boosters will probably be needed each year its not like it will be a permanent record.

Good point. Something also tells me as time goes on there will be more automated ways to confirm someone has received the COVID vaccine.

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

In addition to the white CDC appointment reminder card DW took her yellow CDC immunization card with her and had that filled out and signed.   Also within a day or so it showed up in her MyChart electronic records at the Dr office.

We took our yellow CDC card when we got the 1st and the lady who did the injection noted it on the card.  When we got the 2nd shot they said they were no longer filling out the yellow card as it was slowing down the process  and the piece of paper had the  same information & we could copy the info from the paper to the CDC card.   In fairness the line was long some standing outside in 21 degree temp and very windy.  When I looked at the yellow card from the 1st shot anyone could have written in the info.  I’ll have to check to see if the vaccination shows in my Drs records.

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We also got a card.  But will it be acceptable as proof?  Somehow I doubt it as it would be so easy to make false copies.  But I am saving it, as well as all our emails about the vaccine appointments, and whatever else I have in hand (in this case, the "prescription" sheet that Walgreens gave us).  As far as I know, our state (IL) does not have any centralized database where they are logging the vaccine information - I think it's pretty much haphazard recording, much like the vaccine distribution.  That's what concerns me.  If anyone knows otherwise, I would be happy to be informed I am wrong.

If it is going to be required for travel domestically (like is currently being considered for domestic flights) then we need some kind of central government coordination, not individual states doing whatever they decide to do - or not do.