Anyone banking on a 2021 cruise getting cancelled?

21 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

I booked a cruise for may in the hope of getting a voucher to use for next year

now I’m thinking of booking some stuff on the ship so I get a 125% onboard credit, makes the drink package even cheaper 

If you have the money, why not?  I took advantage of the L and S plus the 125%OBC and 125% FCC for upcoming 2/2022 grandeur and 5/2022 radiance.  Royal caught on pretty quick with the lift and shift though unfortunately.

We have an end of May cruise booked and the final payment is due in a few days.  We doubt the ship will sail- but will probably pay.  If a lift and shift, we also have an August 2021 cruise booked and will move the payment to that cruise.  If that isn't a go- we will move to our Jan 2022 cruise.

Trying to be optimistic.  But as we have other cruises booked, have things to look forward to.   Next year, the cruise prices in most cases when we want to sail have gone up-over 125%.

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

I herd you can share a FCC with someone else in the room even if they aren’t on the original booking 

is there anything on the royal website about that. Don’t see It

Yes you can.  FCC’s can now be stacked and shared..

As long as one guest has an FCC any excess amount can then be used by guests 2, 3 and 4.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes you can.  FCC’s can now be stacked and shared..

As long as one guest has an FCC any excess amount can then be used by guests 2, 3 and 4.

When I called royal today about something else I asked this question and he said it can only be per a person on the FCC

I’m  guessing not all the staff no all the new rules yet 

10 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

When I called royal today about something else I asked this question and he said it can only be per a person on the FCC

I’m  guessing not all the staff no all the new rules yet 

It’s been over a week, maybe two.  I’m surprised they don’t know.

45931EDA-AF31-42F3-866C-435886AD25AA.jpeg

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s been over a week, maybe two.  I’m surprised they don’t know.

45931EDA-AF31-42F3-866C-435886AD25AA.jpeg

Yeah and that doesn’t  mean they needed to be on the original booking. As long as one person is that reads 

Edited by Garyjames220

3 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Not to mention there is a three month gap between the two jabs 

Yup that 3 month gaps takes probably into November with 3 more weeks for full protection. Final payment date for 26 night 3 ship trip is August 1st. I will NOT be taking FCC not a chance in hell. Money back 😀

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yup that 3 month gaps takes probably into November with 3 more weeks for full protection. Final payment date for 26 night 3 ship trip is August 1st. I will NOT be taking FCC not a chance in hell. Money back 😀

What’s putting u off the FCC

7 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

What’s putting u off the FCC

Needing to wear mask, ongoing travel ban to USA, social distancing onboard that sort of thing. Though all of that might fade out quickly or it might be around for a long time.

• Like 2

I have 2 btb on freedom of the seas the end of June to Canada and July to Bermuda. I cancelled Canada one (there is no way that will sail). But Bermuda in July still waiting. In 2022, Royal switched Freedom to Adventure from NJ. I think it is so unfair that I am not even qualified for their limited lift and shift program since it will be a different boat (price is so high of course for July 2022).

Also have the Dec 2021 (new year holiday) trip and hopefully that will sail!

7 hours ago, jean87510 said:

If you have the money, why not?  I took advantage of the L and S plus the 125%OBC and 125% FCC for upcoming 2/2022 grandeur and 5/2022 radiance.  Royal caught on pretty quick with the lift and shift though unfortunately.

I worked for a company who should have consulted the front line workers before they started up a promotional program. We had a reward program that gave you $20 for every $400 you spent. The first thing that I questioned was how will if work if you buy gift cards. The customers will double dip if purchases were made with $400 worth of store brand gift cards. It took them 2yrs to figure out that the customers were buying gift cards to get the $20 and when they spent the gift cards they go another $20. They finally stopped giving points for purchases made with store brand gift cards.  If there is a loophole the consumer will find it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gretchengao said:

I think it is so unfair that I am not even qualified for their limited lift and shift program since it will be a different boat

Have you called to see about trying to L&S ?  I have been reading about people who were able to L&S even if they have different ships and in 1 case, even a different number of days.  I know what the new "rules" say....but it sounds as if they are being somewhat flexible with "one-of-a-kind" itins.  It's definitely worth a try.

• Like 1

Hi I have a cruise that is bound to be cancelled....

Here is my question if I do pay final payment and it is cancelled - I could Lift and Shift BUT what happens if I need to change it again 8 month down the line?

Is it still changeable (for $100 p.p fee) or would it remain in penalty and can not be changed again?

Thanks for the input!

6 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hi I have a cruise that is bound to be cancelled....

Here is my question if I do pay final payment and it is cancelled - I could Lift and Shift BUT what happens if I need to change it again 8 month down the line?

Is it still changeable (for $100 p.p fee) or would it remain in penalty and can not be changed again?

Thanks for the input!

Once final payment date hits you start being assessed penalties.  If you lift and shift after your final payment these penalties are waived as long as you sail on that cruise.  If you change to another date then you would incur those penalties.  Those penalties range from 25% to 100% of the cruise fare depending on the penalty phase that you are in (shown on your invoice)

Be 100% sure that you are going to sail a shifted cruise that sails after April 30, 2022 (CWC expiry date)

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Once final payment date hits you start being assessed penalties.  If you lift and shift after your final payment these penalties are waived as long as you sail on that cruise.  If you change to another date then you would incur those penalties.  Those penalties range from 25% to 100% of the cruise fare depending on the penalty phase that you are in (shown on your invoice)

Be 100% sure that you are going to sail a shifted cruise that sails after April 30, 2022 (CWC expiry date)

So since I most likely need to adjust the date again - It would be best to do a free CWC date change BEFORE final and potentially be able to change again for the $100 pp in 2022?

Thanks for your help!

14 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

So since I most likely need to adjust the date again - It would be best to do a free CWC date change BEFORE final and potentially be able to change again for the $100 pp in 2022?

Thanks for your help!

Just take the FCC now or take 125% FCC or refund when they cancel

Every date change now still gets a $100 pp assessed and added to the booking.  If you change it later you would still pay that penalty although smaller

Basically if you did as you suggest you would pay two of the $100pp penalties....not sure if you have already moved it before or if there may already be penalties on the booking

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hi,

I used L+L in 2020 to move to 2021 before final.

Cancellation is not an option as I would loose a lot of non-promotional OBC that has been following along so far....

So if I use CWC to move before final - I would only need to pay the $100 penalty once I change to 2023 in 2022.

Best would be to have them give me a CWC - FCC and move the OBC to my 2022 bookings but I'm not sure they would do that?!

Problem is my bookings keep stacking up as this drags out and I now need to move to 2023 but nothing released yet!

Edited by cruiseboy89130

14 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Hi,

I used L+L in 2020 to move to 2021 before final.

Cancellation is not an option as I would loose a lot of non-promotional OBC that has been following along so far....

So if I use CWC to move before final - I would only need to pay the $100 penalty once I change to 2023 in 2022.

Best would be to have them give me a CWC - FCC and move the OBC to my 2022 bookings but I'm not sure they would do that?!

Looks like you would be facing three $100pp penalties if you have already moved it, plan on moving it before CWC expires and then moving it again.

Every change you have made to the booking since it has been created has incurred a penalty and is still attached to the booking, up to now those have been waived.  If you make changes after CWC expires then every penalty from the time you made the booking will be enforced. 

if you cancel and get a FCC you can move certain non promotional OBC to a different booking.  Examples include, goodwill, redeployment and next cruise.  I’ve done this several times with bookings for myself and clients. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like you would be facing three $100pp penalties if you have already moved it, plan on moving it before CWC expires and then moving it again.

Every change you have made to the booking since it has been created has incurred a penalty and is still attached to the booking, up to now those have been waived.  If you make changes after CWC expires then every penalty from the time you made the booking will be enforced. 

if you cancel and get a FCC you can move certain non promotional OBC to a different booking.  Examples include, goodwill, redeployment and next cruise.  I’ve done this several times with bookings for myself and clients. 

Great advice - so the best way to do this would be trying to get the 125% FCC when they cancel and move the OBC or would you advise to cancel now....get the 100% FCC before final and try to move the OBC as it qualifies under the categories of OBC you listed...

Can you get the 100% FCC after a L+L?

Thanks for all your help!