Edge/Apex Non Infinite Balconies

lydnsyd

We usually opt for the Solstice class of ship but have seen a few nice itineraries on the new class of ships. I really don't fancy the Infinite style balconies - Do the new ships have any of the normal style balconies anywhere? It's difficult to see from the deck plans

36 minutes ago, lydnsyd said:

We usually opt for the Solstice class of ship but have seen a few nice itineraries on the new class of ships. I really don't fancy the Infinite style balconies - Do the new ships have any of the normal style balconies anywhere? It's difficult to see from the deck plans

Yes, but probably not in the locations/price points you have in mind when thinking about the Solstice class.  Have a look at the attached deck plan (the colour coding and descriptions in the legend provide the detail you need.).

Oops.... doesn’t like the site I posted (*****)

Hmmmm....this is tougher than I imagined.

Edited by d9704011

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

The ones designated 1A and 1B have “in the hull” balconies.  They have sliding glass doors leading to the outside.  The balcony is pretty small.

Yes, the only other staterooms with balconies, besides the 1A and 1B categories, are Suites.

6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes, the only other staterooms with balconies, besides the 1A and 1B categories, are Suites.

SV also has outside balconies.  We have SV booked on the Edge.....  C3 is infinite balcony. Usually book Concierge but wanted SV for the large 'regular 'aft balcony. 

image.png.d63ea434a3321a7664bd367629766f42.png

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

SV also has outside balconies.  We have SV booked on the Edge.....  C3 is infinite balcony. Usually book Concierge but wanted SV for the large 'regular 'aft balcony. 

image.png.d63ea434a3321a7664bd367629766f42.png

Yes, you are correct. The Sunset verandahs do have very nice verandahs on the aft. Don't know why I forgot, we usually book an Aft S1 next door to them. 😊

However, the C3's are infinite verandahs despite the description of “Balcony comfort”. They are clearly shown as such on the X deck plans.

Edited by C-Dragons

21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Balcony comfort is a new term to me.

It's a Euro site I go to when I want to check cabin availability so I copied as is......... Why they describe that balcony as 'comfort' is odd.  Maybe because it's within the cabin and has more 'comfortable' chairs to sit in....lol?

1 minute ago, Oceangoer2 said:

It's a Euro site I go to when I want to check cabin availability so I copied as is......... Why they describe that balcony as 'comfort' is odd.  Maybe because it's within the cabin and has more 'comfortable' chairs to sit in....lol?

I use the same site for the same reason. And I have also found the description a little odd. 😉

We stayed in a hull balcony and I do not recommend them. They are very small and the room was surprisingly dark. Ours was also located over the main theatre so was loud at night and there were also rehearsals during the day if you like to nap.

SV sounds like a better choice.

If you haven’t already, please be sure to put your information into the edge stateroom information database sticky.

there are hull balconies both fore and aft.  The ones to the rear of the ship will obviously not be over the theater and might be preferred if you’re looking for that class of stateroom

7 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

If you haven’t already, please be sure to put your information into the edge stateroom information database sticky.

there are hull balconies both fore and aft.  The ones to the rear of the ship will obviously not be over the theater and might be preferred if you’re looking for that class of stateroom

Good point...as often as we've sailed X, I've never heard of the 'hull' cabins...no idea which booking class they would be.